“GREAT meal, GREAT service, and CLEAN like my Nana works there!”
Review of Central Square Cafe - CLOSED

Central Square Cafe
Keene, New Hampshire
“GREAT meal, GREAT service, and CLEAN like my Nana works there!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

If your driving through Troy center, this is the must stop for lunch, dinner, or ice cream. Burgers are fabulous. The fries are to die for. My favorite item is the homemade whoopie pies! Did I mention how clean this place is! Spotless. They also have seating outside. Super kid friendly and yes, they have high chairs.

• Visited April 2014

“Amazing country fried steak!!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been going to the Central Square Cafe for a while now and it is never a disappointment!. We gladly drive the 20 minutes from our home town of Rindge to enjoy their burgers and hand cut fries. My husband loves the steak house burger with home-made steak sauce. Recently the owner, Rocky, added country fried steak with white gravy to the menu, and it's the best I've ever had!
Great place, friendly staff and very clean!

• Visited March 2014
Troy, New Hampshire
“Clean friendly cafe with the best fries in the region”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I met my mother and sister for lunch and had a delicious club sandwich (minus the meat) and an order of the best hand cut fries. I went for the fries and was not disappointed. They are hand cut, not greasy, served hot. Yum. I had a great unsweetened iced tea but there is also a sweetened option. I would love a veggie burger choice but will return even if there is not one. My sister and mother both had burgers with bacon and baked bean which they enjoyed.

• Visited November 2013
Keene
“Nothing Pretentious -- Just Very Good Food”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This restaurant is in the space previously occupied by Eva's Bakery. The menu is basic burgers, hot dogs, and the like. Their burgers are the best I've found in a non-chain restaurant in this area. First, you go to the counter, order from the chalkboard menu, pay for your order, then sit down and wait for your food to be brought to the table. Prices are about what you'd expect -- neither too high nor too low. They are one of the few places in New Hampshire serving sweet tea. They are open every day but Monday for lunch thru 8pm.

• Visited July 2013
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Southern Hospitality in New Hampshire”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I will stop at any Hot Dog stand I see,,Some Good Some Not So Good,,,Riding my motorcycle one day ,I noticed Central Sq. Cafe. Went in and the place was spotlessly clean,Good Sign. Got a couple of dogs and some hand-cut fries,,Dogs I got were chili,cheese ,onion and the Most Delicious Purple Slaw,,After I had eaten ,I got to talking to the owner Rocky,Great Guy. He is from the south and moved to NH to be closer to Mrs. Rocky's family. It's about an hour and 1/2 ride ,but have been a couple of times now. On the way out that 1st time he gave a sample of his pulled pork,,Awesome Stuff

• Visited May 2013