“Great place”
Review of Twin Mountain KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Twin Mountain
Twin Mountain KOA
Montreal, Canada
“Great place”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed there for 2 nights and everything was great. The location is good for hiking since it is close to many mountains and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

I enjoyed my stay and will go back for my next hiking trips.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Rijswijk, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We (travelling with two RV's) had high expectations of this KOA camping at the edge of the White Mountains. But there appeared to be two major problems: the camping is right at a road which seems quiet but is not: it is a logging road with trucks coming by day and night. Furthermore, the location is not great: you have to drive a while to reach the White Mountains, and there are no outdoor facilities or any trails. So when we came, we wanted to leave. However, the personnel was extremely helpful and put us as far away from the raod as possible, up hill. Here the road noise was almost absent. Overall not recommended when staying in the White Mountains.

Room Tip: Avoid all the sites next to the road (the majority) and go up hill.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Josbob
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I usually book a cabin here for 2 nights - I ask for one that is in a more secluded location so that when we have a campfire at night, you don't necessarily feel like you're in a KOA... since hiking Mt. Washington should always start early in the morning, this place is the one I use because driving distance to the trailheads is not bad... the people working here are very friendly, and even remembered me despite there being a year between each visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I researched a long time on where to stay in the White Mtns. - I chose a KOA for kids activities since I am a single mom taking my 13 year old boy and his friend. I stayed in the "deluxe" cabin for 2 nights. I called and spoke with the campground and asked about the road noise that I had read about in other reviews. I was told that they had stayed in that spot and never noticed it....are you serious??? do you have a pulse? Our cabin was literally 100 ft from the main trucking road on a steep hill. all you heard day and night were trucks going down and trying to get up.

When we first got there, we couldn't even go outside because of the stench of septic....it was putrid. I actually had to call and complain. OK, they didn't notice that smell when they took us to our cabin????? It was awful, but a few hours later it was gone. It was a first impression and it wasn't great.

The cabin was....ok....if you step onto your back porch (only porch) you overlook a private house and an old rickety fence. it was weird to say the least. We kept the blinds closed in the cabin all of the time because there is absolutely no privacy. I'll post pictures later. The cabin itself was cozy and clean. A queen bed in the main room, a fridge (not too cold) and a microwave. there was a tiny room with 2 bunkbeds which was hard even for the boys to access. there was a bathroom thank god because I didn't see any public bathrooms.

We also had a shower/tub. I took a shower the first night around 11pm. After getting soaped up (maybe 2 minutes) the water pressure went to a drip down the wall. Luckily when I turned off the shower head, the fill pipe had a lot of pressure, so I used the coffee pot to rinse. Same thing happened to my son the next night. Do you complain? yeah, and what will they do about it? there was no body to contact, the office was close and your're on your own. I know we are camping, but we paid $125.00 night to stay there. we wanted a campground without the tent.

there were ZERO activities for kids unless you count the tiny pool open 9:30 AM - dusk? This place didn't look like any KOA I had ever seen or did see on undercover boss.

The caboose looked old and gross. I was glad it wasn't available to book. They have a teepee, which looked cool from the outside and everyone stared at it when they drove by.

They were pet friendly. They had an enclosed dog area and our green grass next to our trailer was the "dog park" basically you let your dog crap, put it in a bucket and move on. that was not very pleasant to watch. I was a bit disgusted with that.

we won't be coming back. this place was a drive to everything and close to nothing. it was just a boring, semi-run down, no fun , boring campground.

Some of the staff was nice, one guy told us to be quiet come night time or we'd have a visit. ok, I'm 40 and my kids were 13. How loud do you thing we would be?????

All in all, a waste of my vacation time and money.

We did find great swimming holes, climbed mountains and explored a lot. But that all involved at least 30 min of driving to get anywhere.

Slow Wi-fi was available...hey there is a plus

If you're old and you RV....this is a campground for you.

Room Tip: stay at another location
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tricia G
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights and were extremely pleased! The campgrounds and facilities are clean and the staff are beyond friendly. They welcomed us and "escorted" us to our site. They waited to make sure we got backed in ok. It's a great central location to many area attractions!!

Stayed July 2014
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Most big rig drivers will go straight for the pull-thrus in a campground but they are not always the most desirable spots. There are two rows of 30/50amp full hookup pull-thrus in this park, some longer than others, but all are side by side shared pedestal. They are parallel to Route 115 so the road noise, especially trucks using the engine brakes, will be constant. They are mostly treed with lots of shade so getting a satellite view may be difficult. The road around these campsites is hard packed gravel and so are the sites with easy in and out. These spots would be fine for an overnight or for the driver that hates backing in. But the best campsites are at the top of the hill. A narrow gravel road past the office goes up onto a forested ledge with huge boulders. There are 5 level full hook-up back-ins that face east to a clear sky and each site is separated from the others by tall trees and huge boulders. We backed our 40ft class A with 4 slides in to the shady site 81 and got DirecTV and privacy. There was a fire pit, picnic table and room for the awning and chairs. We didn’t get any road noise up there. The bathrooms and laundry were clean and well maintained. The front office staff was friendly and helpful. The grounds were nicely groomed and the staff raked each site as the RV’s left. No Sprint service in this area and the park Wi-Fi works best near the office but gets slower and less reliable as you get further away. This park is worth the stop even if you can’t get a spot up the hill.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bobncamille
New Jersey
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed for entire week visiting the various attractions in the area. This KOA was very clean, the owners were very helpful with any requests and you were assisted to your site which is very needed after a long drive. The kids enjoyed the pool and the activities as they actually leave the basketballs, lawn golf and horseshoes out so you can play. The bathroom and laundry facility were excellent and they drove around at night asking if you needed any firewood or assistance. Some of the larger sites are side by side so not much privacy but we were out all day visiting attractions so not really a concern. The location to attractions was ideal. Everything was within 30 minutes that we were visiting like Santas Village, Cog, Tramway, Old Man, Hobo RR, Attish, etc. There is great pizza place by the traffic light and bretton woods restaurant in a train station that was excellent just down the road. Even saw a moose sighting at night just down the road from campground. The stars on clear night were amazing. Would stay again without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
#3 of 10 in Twin Mountain
The Townhomes at Bretton Woods
The Townhomes at Bretton Woods
#3 of 3 in Bretton Woods

Been to Twin Mountain KOA? Share your experiences!