“Not fancy but delicious and reasonable!”
Review of Northern Embers - CLOSED

Northern Embers
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I both liked the friendliness of the staff and the local people that were there. Staff was very efficient. Place was very busy but we did not have an extended wait as I expected. We were able to sit at a comfortable table in viewing and hearing distance of a TV in order to watch the Red Sox in the playoffs while other diners weren't bothered. Great service.

2  Thank 22dive
There are newer reviews for Northern Embers

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We had a fabulous dinner at this place. It's not a fancy place, but they give you enough food to feed four people off of one plate. The fish and chips were great.

1  Thank OKTraveler88
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The food was OK. The service was incredibly and horribly slow. I will definitely not return there. One can find much better places nearby.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I ate at Northern Embers while on vacation in Twin Mountain. We got the chicken parmesan and the marinated sirloin steak tips.

Good: The chicken parmesan was good (chicken crispy, sauce flavorful, pasta cooked just right) and the portion was HUGE. We were able to split the leftovers for dinner the next night (fortunately our hotel had a fridge). The steak tips were very tender and flavorful. Our server was very nice.

Not so good: Restaurant was understaffed. Our service wasn't too slow, but a couple tables hadn't been fully cleared, and weren't while we were there. Also, the rice that came with the steak tips tasted like smoke, to the point where I didn't eat it.

Overall, not a bad choice. It's a good deal, especially when you consider the size of the portions.

1  Thank Aimee M
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Checked out this newer place with Pam and a friend and was very impressed. I remember it as a hotel many years ago, but now it's a restaurant with a separate motel in the back. We started with a shared Fried Calamari appetizer, served with banana peppers and a marinara sauce. A wonderfully light, crisp batter application and cooked to perfection. Two of us had the prime rib au jus dinner, served with fresh hot rolls, butternut squash and baked potato - great flavor and a huge portion - took half home for at least another meal. Pam had salmon with rice, and while it was quite tasty it was a bit overcooked for her taste - she prefers just a touch of heat with most fish. Again the portions were generous. The friendly and attentive waitstaff made the day - and brought me a piece of superb cheesecake (with a candle) for my 68th birthday.