Beech Hill Campground and Cabins
Carlson's Lodge(Twin Mountain)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$212
US$202
Priceline
Good 3.5/5
Omni Mount Washington Resort(Bretton Woods)(Great Value!)
US$237
Very Good 4/5
US$145
US$120
Great 4.5/5
Profile Deluxe Motel(Twin Mountain)
Excellent 5/5
Four Seasons Motor Inn(Twin Mountain)
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2007

We have stayed at this campground many times over the past few years we love it.The owners are always helpful.I love how quite it is.It is only about 20 min. from 4 major attractions.We have three children and a dog.The owners never bothered us EVER. The bathrooms/showers are a little outdated but they are free so what do you expect.The rates are so cheap and you truelly feel like your camping.I don't think parking in a field with a pop up is camping I like trees and shade and this campground has all that.I think this is very family friendly however if you are looking for a more party location you should probably look in the lakes region.This is the best campground we have found so far.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Merrimack, NH
Reviewed 17 July 2006

I stayed in the camping cabins (#47) with my husband and two children (ages ten and four) over the Fourth of July weekend.
Check in was quick and convienent. We were required to give a $20 deposit for a card used to swipe the entry gate open. The campground is under new ownership this summer and we found the owners to be a bit odd but nice. This is a family owned and operated campground. We were very impesssed with the cabin. It was one of the 10x20 cabins with out a kitchen. It was very clean and comfortably fit a family of four. The cabins had electricity and we were able to plug in a fan and alarm clock. The site was roomy and clean as well. It was surprisingly quiet for a holiday weekend. The bathrooms were outdated but over all pretty clean. There is a in door pool and archade, which the kids loved. However, it is very humid in the pool room and made sitting there uncomfortable. The campground has daily hayrides and make your own sundaes. The store had a large variety of items, but was way over priced. There is tubing, but you need to leave the campground and cross the street (I would say a 1/4 mile walk) to access the brook. There was a baseball field, basketball hoop (no court), shuffle board and lots of open spaces. We brought our bikes and biked all around. The owners do walk around at night and did come onto our site to ask us to turn down our radio around 11pm. We were fine with their request since the rules do call for a 10pm quiet time. We definitally enjoyed our experience there and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 August 2005

Stayed here for 3 nights. Yes they have rules but all of them are reasonable and standard for every campsite I ever stayed in or mandated by New Hampshire State Law. Quiet time at 10 pm. No huge campfires. No foraging for wood, etc. Nothing unreasonable. This is largely a family campsite and a real mom and pop operation and I found the owners to be businesslike and pleasant enough. It cannot be a piece cake running one of these places and dealing with people who are above the rules. Every night I did notice someone from the office riding by on a bicycle clearing checking on things and I have no problem with that.

That being said the facilities were clean, in good repair but largely average. A decent sized indoor pool that was highly chorinated and always full of kids. A decent game room with two pool tables and a good selection of coin operated video games. A coin laundry. The campstore had very limited food and beverage choices (no beer)...just the basics.. and some camping supplies and gift and craft stuff but you are not too far (in New Hampshire terms) from full sized stores if you want a bigger selection. Firewood for sale. Also, an outdoor kiddy playground. A small volleyball court. A small 1/2 court basketball area. Driving around most of the sites looked private and nicely wooded. They have a tractor towed hay ride and an ice cream social I believe on Saturday night. We did not attend but I imagine the kids would love that. Things quieted down on Monday after the weekend. I would recommend a Sunday through Friday stay. You are given a pass card that electronically opens the camp gate. A $20 dollar deposit is required. You get it back when you return the card at the end of your stay.

We rented one of the cabins. Very cozy and fully appointed though cleary dated but that was part of the rustic country ambience. Kitchen with fridge, microwave, gas stove (no oven), sink, table for two, dishes, cutlery, pans, etc. Bathroom with toilet, sink, and shower. Decent water pressure and nice hot water. The bedroom had a full sized bed with a twin bed above it in a bunk bed arrangement. The mattess was about 3 inches thick and very hard....like sleeping on the floor I had a hard time sleeping on it and I would recommend bringing an inflatable mattess to place on top or a good supply of sleeping pills. A chest of drawers and a place to hang clothes are also in the bedroom. There is a small screened in porch at the cabin entrance that can just seat two chairs. We had some rain over the weekend and I sat there and read the paper a couple of mornings. A picnic table and fire ring outside. We live in an apartment in a city so this place was a treat. We cooked on a grill every night, had a nice camp fire, and enjoyed nature...while I drank beer and smoked a cigar. I brought my laptop and some DVDs and I had recorded some TV shows on Tivo and downloaded them to the laptop as well and we watched a little laptop tv or movies. At 10 pm we would clean up and go in, read a bit and go to sleep. Lots of chipmunks about. Also the cabin had a bunch of daddy long leg spiders inside that I had to exterminate before my wife saw them. I would bring some bug spray if that bothers you. Not too many bugs outside at all. The cabins are located close to Highway 302 so you do get some road noise but after a day in the fresh air we fell asleep quickly. Bring a fan for the bedroom. No TV reception at all. Not sure if they have cable at the campsites...none in the cabins. Some really good radio stations...classic rock, oldies...top 40. One frustrating thing was we could not find a local station that gave the weather.

My only issue with the campground is its location. I had to drive some distance to every place I wanted to go. Nothing really to do in the immediate vicinity. Next time I might pick another campsite that is situated closer to attractions. But of course in New Hampshrie getting anywhere is part of the charm...the mountain scenery, the moose sitings, the little shops and restaurants on the road...that is why you visited New Hampshire to begin with. If you go in mid August or later buy some of the native corn. Delicious.

So all in all I liked this place. I don't understand the bad ratings. I thought the price was fair enough and the long weekend was a success...what more can you ask for?

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank Veritas01
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston
Reviewed 11 August 2005

The campsite amenities and grounds are good but the staff were unfriendly from the moment we arrived. The man is on a power trip and unfortunately the guests are at the receiving end of this. There are so many rules that it is impossible for anybody to relax and enjoy their vacation.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 August 2005

Very nice camp ground - has all the facilities you'd want - very private sites, pool, play ground BUT the couple that run the place are just OTT. we went up there for a stay recently and they were very unfriendly and very rude, very possible chance he was down at our site shouting at us over one thing or another. it made our trip miserable and i would not advise anyone to stay here, the guy is just so odd. it wasnt just us that thought this the people across the road were of the same opinion they felt they were being spyed on the whole time and his rules were ridiculous and if you go here remember his first rule: " to read the rules"!!!

he doesnt like young people so dont go here if your under 30 and there more than 2 of you!!!! Might be ok for families.

10  Thank Ballydehob