“Love Beech Hill Campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Twin Mountain
Beech Hill Campground and Cabins
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We recently became seasonal campers here, we had been searching for quite some time. We have not been disappointed at all. This is by far one of the cleanest and well kept campgrounds we have been too. It is run by Jason and Mary they are very nice helpful people. If you like family campgrounds this is the one for you!!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Dawn D

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had a great experience here. And I will stay here every time I return to the White Mountains. It isn't far from Mt Washington and has a very cozy secluded feel. I stayed in a rustic cabin first and on my second trip I stayed in a nice cabin with microwave, stove, sink, showers, etc. My dad, cousin, and I loved this place. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very large private sites. Convenient to Mt. Washington and many fun activities and hiking trails too. Roads gravel but well maintained. Older restrooms but spotlessly clean. We are already planning a return to this wonderful campground.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elaine M
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I were able to plan a last minute getaway during foilage season and we're thrilled that we found Beech Hill Campground. We had to make changes twice to our plans and they were very accommodating and gracious. We arrived late and only wanted to set up and relax not cook. Our hosts recommended a nearby restaurant and we were delighted with the choice. Campground and facilities were very clean. Love the spaciousness of the sites and in the woods feel. My husband enjoyed the pool and was impressed that when the power went out that evening while he was in the shower our host came out with a flashlight. Already planning a return trip for next year. Beech Hill makes a great base point for the things we love to do.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 22dive
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Had a very nice stay here this weekend, so much that I couldn't resist writing an honest review of the place. I would stay here again when exploring the Mt. Washington area of the White Mountains.

Pros
- Very clean. Campsites, Bathrooms, Pool and Common Guest Areas

- Fun for kids. My two 6 year old boys loved the warm indoor pool, playground, and life-sized chess/checkers set, along with their fun retro arcade.

-Cost effective. The rates were good and items needed to buy at the camp store were reasonably priced along with a wide variety.

-Free showers. You can't beat a nice hot shower, especially when its free

-Great Location. Campsites were well spaced apart in a beautiful woodsy setting with a great view and proximity to Mt. Washington

Cons
- Some background noise of cars from the nearby highway.
- Could use more port-a-potty bathrooms at the sites far away from the main section.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife and I and our three dogs were traveling through New England ot visit friends in Maine. We just happened upon the Beech Hill Campground but couldn't be happier. We'd been traveling for four days and staying at truckstops or NF sites as we explored. It had been a couple of days of humid rainy travel, we wanted to not listen to the generator so we decided at the last minute to look for a campground, and we usually hate campgrounds as we don’t want to deal with screaming kids, party hearty campers, camp activities, etc. This was the first one we'd seen all trip that didn't look like party central.

I look at the complaints and I have to say "really"? The place is clean, it's actually in the woods, and it's quiet - you can HEAR natural sounds. The campsites in the woods are large, they have full hookup sites as well as straight tent camping, the bath-house has hot and cold water on an outside sink, and the group tenting site has its own sink and running water as well as being WAY in the bush.

“Rules?” Nothing different from National Forest sites. Quiet time, drive slow. Hey, it’s their place.

If you want your kids to have babysitting activities given to them all day, or want to party hard and loud, this is not the place for you. If you want to get as close to nature camping as you can get, this is a great place to go. We actually decided to stay an extra night!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mike V
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We enjoyed our stay here with my adult son (18), daughter (14), and his friend(17) primarily as our base camp this past week for a hiking trip up to Mt. Washington. This campground overall is awesome!

We arrived at 2PM on Wednesday. The woman (I assume owner) was very pleasant and welcoming in person and on the phone and quickly checked us in. The store has your basics as well as a few crafts. Wood is $5 or $6 a bundle. Ice is $1.50. Coffee is $1.00.

This campground is very close to the COG railway (15 minutes) and trails. I guess Santa's Village is close by too (our camping neighbors from NY went there).

The one thing that I absolutely loved about this campground was the natural woodsy environment with the modern conveniences. Many of the tent sites here rival the NH or National forest campsites. Some of the sites close to Rt 302 may have some/little traffic noise. Overall its a great campground to walk, bike, and enjoy nature! NOTE there is no natural waterways through here. Bears are in the area, but they give you a thing not to do! Love it... I only saw a very big jack rabbit.

We stayed at a NO-HOOKUP tent site #62 ... water spout was right in front of our site and I washed my dishes at the dish station near the main bath house... not too far away.... when we walked around we discovered we did not have the best site tent site but was still very good and most importantly it was really close to the bathrooms.

The bathrooms were immaculate... in fact.... on trip there they ran out of paper towels on the automatic roll (had a back up hand roll)... the next visit the automatic roll was filled!!! The FREE HOT SHOWER in the laundry bath-house was appreciated especially after a long day of hiking.

The kids loved the indoor HEATED pool and when I went in it was nice and refreshing! The boys also played with the outdoor chess pieces which was unique for a campground and also they had pool tables (50 cents) and arcade room as well. I had to call them back for dinner! They were not bored!

A very nice campground to walk around... beautiful view of Mt. Washington (which we saw when the weather cleared).

No campground is perfect... our picnic table on our site could use an upgrade. It had a smell to it. Other than that I can't think of a single thing wrong as I have even inquired about a seasonal site. However there is a LACK of things to do in the IMMEDIATE area as well as restaurants... Nothing the campground can do about that...

Bring $20 for the gate card key... they like the security (and I don't mind it either)... they will refund it to you when you leave.

I don't understand the other review about the "creepy owner" but we were hear for hiking and we went to bed well before 10. I found the owners and overall campers to be quite friendly.

Room Tip: If its during the off season.. ask if you can pick your site.