“Wine Tasting on a Rainy Afternoon”

Walpole Mountain View Winery
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Walpole
Reviewed 5 June 2013

What a wonderful way to spend a rainy afternoon, although the scenery is beautiful anytime. The whole experience from the beginning to the end of how wine is made, then sitting down and tasting the different kinds of wine produced. We had a wonderful time, talking, tasting and enjoying each other's company. The hostess was the best...

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was the first time I had been to a winery for a tasting and I loved it. I'm not exactly a wine snob, but I like a good glass of red every now and then. It was great to be able to taste some "unusual" cold weather grape varieties that you just don't see in the wine store.

It was a great way to spend a rainy afternoon visiting with my family and friends. And you can't beat the price at $5 for a tasting plus you get to keep the glass.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

We have been to wineries throughout the country. We stopped by this winery this past Fall and we were impressed! It was a nice fall day and the views were beautiful! The building where we did the tasting, and the presentation itself, were very nice. While I don't consider myself a wine connoisseur, I thought the wines were very good and comparably priced to other vineyards. You are also given the opportunity to purchase cheese and crackers to "enhance" the tasing experience at VERY reasonable prices. It was well worth every penny of the five dollar fee that was charged for the tasting and I would strongly recommend this experience to others.

1  Thank MikeinWHCT
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We were traveling through Vermont and Ne Hampshire looking for some fun and interesting things to do. We came across Walpole and found the most amazing wines, and the most spectacular views you could find. The staff were very friendly and very informative about the wines. They have a wonderful way to present samples where you are seated out on a deck overlooking the vineyard and the views. We each tried 6 different wines from their selection of over two dozen and were excited to leave with a case of our favorites.
We enjoy all kinds of wine from dry to sweet and in all our travels around the world have never found such an interesting selection. I also think it's cool how all the grapes are grown right there.

1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We found this winery during the Art Walk last November, 2011. We had a fun time for sure. The view is spectacular from the winery. It is a young winery improving all of the time.