“Great Food, Greater Service”

The Restaurant at Burdick's
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Walpole
Price range: US$15 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Full Service French Inspired Bistro. Serving Cuisine inspired by the season. Proudly sourcing local ingredients and minimally manipulating them to allow them to shine as they are.
Calgary, Canada
“Great Food, Greater Service”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Pros: get to enjoy the experience with good friends, main course was great (each of us order different dishes, and we shared and they were all GREAT); good portion (just enough so that you have to come back); chocolate - decent [sorry but I have my favorite]; must order the dark hot chocolate [very rich and yummy]; service is also great, be there but not intrusive - thank you; also like the decor
Cons: too far from Calgary :-(

Visited August 2014

Manchester Center, VT
“Amazing in NH”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best restaurants you will ever eat in. The food is superb, the atmosphere wonderful and the prices reasonable. We go at least once a month and have always had terrific food. The fish soup is as good as the best Paris restaurants.

Visited July 2014
Massachsetts
“One of the best”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have relatives who live in Walpole so we've dined at Burdick's several times. We have never been disappointed. Menu is always interesting. Food is delicious and beautifully presented.
Ambiance is warm and welcoming, although seating is a little tight.. The Onion Soup is better than the good onion soup we've had in Paris. Service is excellent Deserts include the fabulous Burdick's chocolates, as well as wonderful pasteries.
When weather permits, meals are served to tables on the porch.
On winter afternoons, we take our grandchildren here for the excellent hot chocolate. Restaurant is not really set up to accommodate children for dinner.
Burdick's is very popular and dinner reservations are a must.

• Visited May 2014
Massachusetts
“Just Delicious!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I dined here last night, and it was wonderful. I had the organic, horseradish crusted salmon which was on the specials list. That might have been the best salmon dish I'd ever eaten. From where we were seated, I caught a glimpse into the kitchen and saw someone with a whole fish in hand. It was apparent why my salmon dinner tasted so fresh and excellent.

My husband ordered the duck, a first for him. It was elegantly sliced and accompanied with a fresh, whole cherry compote. As a side, a pan layered and baked potato wedge completed the "meat and potatoes" meal. My husband truly loved his dinner.

If you like bread, enjoy the baguette slices. They are divine!

In the mood for cocktails? The traditional Cosmopolitan was excellent, just the right splash of cranberry and twist of fresh lime. The French martini and chocolate martini were also excellent. Yes, we were all in on this dinner out.

We rounded off our evening with dessert, crème brulee for my husband and coconut chocolate cake for me - both very good, and just the right amount of light so as not to feel overstuffed.

Burdick's is pricey by New Hampshire standards. But by New York standards, enjoy the bargain. Memorable place, memorable meal!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank JustTrippin911
Florida
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The ambiance here is really lovely - a quintessential New England town.
Our servers were excellent and were knowledgable about the menu and wine list.
The tomato fennel soup (daily special) was superb. It was creamy, and had a nice flavor of fennel, not at all overwhelming.
The pan roasted chicken was very good and the steak frites extremely good.
Sadly, we did not save room for dessert although the people around us seemed very pleased with their selections.
I would highly recommend coming here for a memorable and unique dining experience.
There is a retail chocolate shop on one side of the restaurant.

• Visited August 2014