“Most spacious scenic campsites we have ever experiences”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warren
Moose Hillock Campground
Reviewed 22 August 2013

From the moment we arrived every experience here was superb. The checkin was quick and easy and very friendly. The campsite was huge and private, it was as if we were alone in paradise. We would highly recommend this campground to everyone!! Cannot wait to go back

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Judy N

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed here with my 2 sons 3 &5 along with my wife and my parents. We stayed at an RV site on the edge of the property with an RV and a large tent. The sites were level, spacious and clean. The campground itself though is quite hilly though all of the actual sites are flat. I wouldn't recommend it for younger bike riders.

The campground is huge, but well spaced with lots of trees in between sites for privacy. We normally camp at State Parks and for a private campground I would say this is one of the better ones as far as the space and number of trees between sites.

So my boys love swimming and we were really looking forward to the pool/pirate ship. The weather wasn't all that hot, but the pool was "heated" to a comfortable temperature for swimming, though a bit chilly when you get out. The pool wasn't hot, but it was definitely warm enough to make it comfortable. The one downside was that we expected part of it to be similar to a splash pad, but the pool is at a minimum of 3 feet deep and at the deepest point 5.5 ft. So my young ones couldn't reach the ground, we still had fun, but just something to think about if you have toddlers. There are two slides, a kiddy slide and a tube slide, my 5 year old enjoyed both of them.

They do play music, though contrary to some of the reviews I didn't find that it was all Christian music, though there certainly was some. I also didn't find that they were pushy about their religious message at all. They mentioned the service and handed you a pamphlet. And that was the extent of it that I got.

They do promote the fact that they do not want people drinking alcohol out of their campsites, as it is a family camping area. I did see alot of individuals with Solo cups walking around and at the pool, but everyone was discrete and no one was disorderly. I do wish they enforced a ban on smoking cigarettes in the public areas a little better though.

There is also a Fish pond that is supposed to be stocked with trout, though I am not sure how anything lives in that pond as it is a very dirty looking pond. Though without fail every day the banks were lined with kids trying to catch trout. (I didn't see anyone catch any while walking by). I did see a bunch of turtles though.

The camp store was nice, though a little pricey and I am surprised that they don't deliver wood to the campsites, especially for the RV's on the edge of the campground that may not have cars.

I would recommend getting wood at one of the many places along the way before you get to the campground as we found their wood to be wet and over priced. There was a family in Warren selling fresh eggs and wood on Rte. 25 in Warren for 15 for a small trailer load and with free kindling and fires starters.

Quiet hours seemed to be enforced as it was fairly quiet after 10:30.

The bathrooms were a little outdated and dirty, and if you are tenting in the tenting area be warned that the bathrooms are a good trek away, which doesn't make sense to me as the tenters really need a facility since most RV's already have bathrooms.

The "natural pool" was a little disappointing and we were not the only family confused by the map and location of the pool.

All in all though, this was one of the best private campgrounds I have been too and I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If you have toddlers, the pool is 3 ft. deep with no splash pad, and the terrain is quite hilly and...
1  Thank Joe W
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We travelled over 12 hours fir our first white mountains trip. This pace was really great.

Campsites are huge, fire pits are really unique. Pool pirate ship was great for the kids and adults. The road into campground was very steep but did make an interesting last part of our journey to get there. Ice cream night was over the top with servings size. It was great to meet the owners family and the next generation to run the family business. We attended the church service as well which was enjoyed. Bathrooms were clean by the pool. Store was fully stocked and we all walked away with some moose hillock sweaters and t-shirts.

WI-FI only worked ok, but it was nice to be able to leave the iPad off for most of our trip.

2  Thank Brad1232013
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Last year we, as an entire family, (15 ppl total-4 families) started to travel on vacation together! This year it was Moose Hillock Campground. This was recommended by my sister and her family because they have been there several times a couple years back and always enjoyed themselves. From the time I called to get 3 sites together back in February , (2 cabins and 1 camper w/e), to the night we had Bruce the Moose deliver a birthday cake to our celebration and even some of the staff participating in our family scavenger hunt....the staff were very friendly! The grounds were clean, the bathrooms & showers were kept clean as well. There were some scheduled activities to participate in. This was a great family campground, we all enjoyed ourselves and would definitely recommend this campground. We would return if we didn't decide to go someplace different each year. : ) The only thing I would like to add is not a great wi-fi signal as well as cell service was limited to certain areas of the grounds. And more scheduled children activities daily would be a great addition.
Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Beanster62
Reviewed 4 August 2013

for the 3rd year in a row, we spent a week tenting at moose hillock campground and had a fantastic time in the woods with our family. we stayed at the end of july / early august for 7 nights. 4 kids, 1 dog, 2 tents. and a bit of rain. although the weather was moderately warm (low - mid 70s), we still had a blast in the enormous pirate pool. it's heated, and many were enjoying night time swimming until 9 pm. for anyone interested, here's my opinion: it's a family campground. by 10:00 it's pretty silent around the entire campground. by 9 am, it becomes very active again. for families with kids, it's great. very natural, woodsy, bike and hiking trails, fishing, the huge pool with water slides, great food at the snack bar (a bit pricey, but what do you expect...). 30 minutes from emergency stuff at walmart, 30 minutes from franconia notch. wifi in a small area near the pool. saturday night activities for the kids. the bathrooms were clean (again, what you'd expect for a campground). the store has everything you'd need if you forget anything. * a note on the pool: it's 3.5 feet for most of the pool, gradually going to 4' and a small 5.5' section - great for kids, and fun for families to have fun, play ball, etc. it's huge, so plenty of space for everyone!

Room Tip: some sites are far away from the pool and are quieter. sites closer to the pool will hear the music...
3  Thank gerberdaisy28
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Great place for camping with luxury; the campground has a great pool with a "Pirate ship", Cafe-grill, ice cream shop, general store, bathrooms, showers, laundromat,.. anything you can possible want in the "wilderness" and then some ;)
We stayed on 7/19 - 7/21, it was our second visit, and we will definitely be coming back again.
The tent sites are secluded enough to be private, they are very clean, have accessible water spigots, and amenities within short distance. The campground is very well kept, and the staff is very friendly. There are many kids around, however it's still relatively quiet and serene; and the air is so fresh and pure, you'd want to slice it with a knife and serve..
Great place. And in the middle of all the mountains you can possible want to hike.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aleksandra L
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was our 3rd year of staying at Moose Hillock. We stayed from 7/21 - 7/28 and each day was better and better! The kids love their gorgeous pool and I love that they are so content that I am able to relax on a lounge chair and just smile. The sites are spacious and secluded, the way that camping should be. The camp store has everything! And the Wednesday night sing along was great! It happened to rain one night and flooded our fire pit, but Joe and his staff were kind enough to shovel out the water and replace with fresh dirt so we were able to enjoy s'mores that night! And might I add, everytime Joe passed us on his cart, he always asked if we were enjoying ourselves or telling us to just go and relax. Moose Hillock will continue to be our #1 camping spot.......that is until we get a chance to try out their new location in Lake George! The the NH location will always have our heart. Thanks Bruce the Moose!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenn S

Been to Moose Hillock Campground? Share your experiences!