“Camping as a "visitor" verses a "resident"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warren
Moose Hillock Campground
Reviewed 16 October 2013

After being a seasonal for about 20 years, I sold my camper. This year I rented three weeks in the cabin suites. One week in July and two in August. The cabin was really fun. The kids loved the bunk beds, (few arguments as who got to sleep on the top!). The queen bed was comfortable too. Plenty of room for all of us. Bathroom was nice and clean. The outside kitchen was really nice. We definitely enjoyed that. At one point sitting on the porch/outdoor kitchen, a bear came up behind me. Probably six feet away. He didn't see me. I heard a slight noise and turned my head, and there he was. Unfortunately the minute I moved, wanted to get camera, he took off. So the kids missed seeing him up close. They looked out back window and saw him walking away! The site was really large. Had company for 2 nights, and they set up 2 big tents. We still had plenty of room. Neighbors were great. Kids met some other kids and had a great time. Overall absolutely nothing could have been better. They were 5 star weeks. So good, in fact, I bought a trailer and will be "resident" again! I hope for many years to come.

Room Tip: Book early and get a site close to the pool, game room, and store/office. Busy during the day but q...
2  Thank Sue G

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was our second time visiting Moose Hillock. This is a great location for visiting area attractions. We visited Clark's Trading Post, Santa's Village and Lost River Gorge and Boulder Caves. My three boys (11, 8 and 6) love the pool and the stream that flowed right behind our campground. I have stayed at nicer campgrounds with cleaner restrooms but Moose Hillock meets our needs for location and entertainment/pool for the kids. Also, the staff were extremely helpful when our camper was having electrical issues. They went out of their way to help us obtain the part we needed. Overall, a great experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank noworriesmom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This campground is amazing! My grandmother personally knows the owners and their sons, and everyone I saying the staff is rude? Their so nice!! The pool is clean and fun, the cites are big and private and the fire pits are so much fun! Everyone is saying how you HAVE to go to bed at 10:00, NO you don't ! That is just the quiet time, they just want you to not be loud so others can go to bed when they please. And another thing, WHO CARES IF YOU HAVE CELL SERVICE? YOUR CAMPING!!!! And is you HAVE to call someone, then use the pay phone for crying out loud! I have been camping there since I was bald, and I haven't had a single problem. And if anyone is saying that there is nothing to do at the campground, welllll you can swim, play in the arcade, take nature walks, sit under the bridge, go to the playground, and HAVE FUN AT YOUR CAMPSITE!!!! And also, you say that they MAKE you do the religious ceremonies on Saturday nights? NOPE!!! That is an option. All up to you!! Thank you very much ✌

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Korenaaaaaaa
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have been going to Moosehillock for the last 5 years. The sites are large and private, they allow more than one family on the sites which saves money for those on a budget. We go at least twice a year. The kids love the heated pool ( great on cool days) we love the Caribbean feel. My only concern is the speed limit at which campers drive. We stayed near the main entrance area and witnessed many cars drive by at dangerous speeds for a campground with a 5 mph speed limit. The campground is hilly and children and adults were whipping down the hills at crazy speeds on their bikes, I had to jump out of the way a couple of times. We were sure there would be an accident, it was a bit stressful at times. The staff as well drive fast on their gators. It would be nice to see them enforce the speed limit. i recommend stop signs at the intersections of their roads and speed bumps to slow people down.Aside from that the staff is courteous and friendly. We love the place and will always go back. Memories are made at Moosehillock!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Spawest226
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Moose Hillock. The sites were a good size and nicely set up to offer privacy. The bathrooms were as clean as any we've found and were checked by staff constantly (our site was directly across from one).

There were plenty of activities for our kids (7 & 5) including the awesome heated outdoor pool with the pirate ship water slides (also a big hit with us adults), a good sized playground, stocked fishing pond, horseshoe pit, basketball court and volleyball net. There were also some hiking trails.

Only "negative" was a lack of a reliable wifi connection. There was a signal near the main building, but signal was weak. If you need to stay connected for work, like I do, be prepared checking a few emails may take longer than usual.

We will be back and highly recommend Moose Hillock!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

From the moment we arrived every experience here was superb. The checkin was quick and easy and very friendly. The campsite was huge and private, it was as if we were alone in paradise. We would highly recommend this campground to everyone!! Cannot wait to go back

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Judy N
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed here with my 2 sons 3 &5 along with my wife and my parents. We stayed at an RV site on the edge of the property with an RV and a large tent. The sites were level, spacious and clean. The campground itself though is quite hilly though all of the actual sites are flat. I wouldn't recommend it for younger bike riders.

The campground is huge, but well spaced with lots of trees in between sites for privacy. We normally camp at State Parks and for a private campground I would say this is one of the better ones as far as the space and number of trees between sites.

So my boys love swimming and we were really looking forward to the pool/pirate ship. The weather wasn't all that hot, but the pool was "heated" to a comfortable temperature for swimming, though a bit chilly when you get out. The pool wasn't hot, but it was definitely warm enough to make it comfortable. The one downside was that we expected part of it to be similar to a splash pad, but the pool is at a minimum of 3 feet deep and at the deepest point 5.5 ft. So my young ones couldn't reach the ground, we still had fun, but just something to think about if you have toddlers. There are two slides, a kiddy slide and a tube slide, my 5 year old enjoyed both of them.

They do play music, though contrary to some of the reviews I didn't find that it was all Christian music, though there certainly was some. I also didn't find that they were pushy about their religious message at all. They mentioned the service and handed you a pamphlet. And that was the extent of it that I got.

They do promote the fact that they do not want people drinking alcohol out of their campsites, as it is a family camping area. I did see alot of individuals with Solo cups walking around and at the pool, but everyone was discrete and no one was disorderly. I do wish they enforced a ban on smoking cigarettes in the public areas a little better though.

There is also a Fish pond that is supposed to be stocked with trout, though I am not sure how anything lives in that pond as it is a very dirty looking pond. Though without fail every day the banks were lined with kids trying to catch trout. (I didn't see anyone catch any while walking by). I did see a bunch of turtles though.

The camp store was nice, though a little pricey and I am surprised that they don't deliver wood to the campsites, especially for the RV's on the edge of the campground that may not have cars.

I would recommend getting wood at one of the many places along the way before you get to the campground as we found their wood to be wet and over priced. There was a family in Warren selling fresh eggs and wood on Rte. 25 in Warren for 15 for a small trailer load and with free kindling and fires starters.

Quiet hours seemed to be enforced as it was fairly quiet after 10:30.

The bathrooms were a little outdated and dirty, and if you are tenting in the tenting area be warned that the bathrooms are a good trek away, which doesn't make sense to me as the tenters really need a facility since most RV's already have bathrooms.

The "natural pool" was a little disappointing and we were not the only family confused by the map and location of the pool.

All in all though, this was one of the best private campgrounds I have been too and I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If you have toddlers, the pool is 3 ft. deep with no splash pad, and the terrain is quite hilly and...
1  Thank Joe W

Been to Moose Hillock Campground? Share your experiences!