“Great Ski Break!”

Best Western Silver Fox Inn
Warwick, Rhode Island, Usa
“Great Ski Break!”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Friendly and accomodating staff. Decent breakfast choices and comfortable bed. Large bathroom and good water flow from shower. Fantastic location - extremely close to Waterville Valley Ski Area. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Douglas C
torze, Owner at Best Western Silver Fox Inn, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you! And I hope you do come see us again. I hope you enjoyed our free breakfast which many of our guests say is the best they've ever had at a hotel. See you next trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Westborough, Massachusetts, Usa
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We always have a great time in Waterville Valley . This time the snow conditions were super.The room and food at the Silver Fox Inn with Norwegian owners was impeciable.
I'm sure that you'll find plenty of things to do with your family from skiing to ice skating to snow shoeing.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Suzanne M
Thank you for your kind review. We have had a tremendous winter season. I hope you come back and enjoy our valley when the snow is gone. You'll find the same great room & breakfast and you can trade in your skis for some hiking boots or a mountain bike. See you soon.
Boston
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

We were happy to be able book a room here for a last minute skiing getaway. One excellent benefit of this inn is that you can have a hot breakfast before heading out. The room was nice, except for a clogged shower drain (which they fixed right away) and a somewhat noisy location near the kitchen (only room available.). The real problem, however, was an extremely noisy and annoying heater. This unit has a very loud fan, and the unit would constantly cycle on and off; literally, it would turn back on no more than 30 or so seconds after it had turned off. There was no way to leave the fan on (which would have been less disturbing.) We were up most of the night due to this heater. During the 30 seconds of off time, you cold feel the cold air blowing in thru the heater from outside; we imagine this is why it kept turning on. We asked to move to a different room, but they said the heaters in all the rooms were the same. It's too bad if this is the case, because for any light sleepers, this is a real deal breaker in an otherwise nice place.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
I'm sorry about the heater issue. Thanks to your comments we have solved the issue which only occurs during cold winter periods. The solution is to simply not turn the system off as many guests do because the normal room temperature is so pleasant. However, even when the system is off if it detects that the outside temperature is dropping it goes into "save itself" mode by turning on to prevent a freeze. It quickly discovers itself to be ok and turns back off. And so on and so on. Thank you for helping us realize what a simple fix this was. Please come back and see us again.
Somerset, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 January 2013

My husband and I truly enjoyed our weekend at Waterville Valley. The second night we heard squealing noises coming from the area toward the bathroom. My husband went to the front desk to let them know. He was told there was something going on with the pipes and it was going to be taken care of. In the morning, my shower started out warm and progressed to a cold shower. We went to the front desk and explained the problem. The inn was booked so we were unable to move...we were in room 236. However, the equivalent of one night's rate was deducted from our bill. The next morning the shower was fine. However, we still heard squealing from the pipe. I found the furniture and room decor to be very dated. The furniture looked very old and only one side of the bed had a night table. This room is not the best location for sleeping as it is located directly next to the breakfast room. The benefit is the kids running by in the morning are a great wake up call!

Although those were negative experiences, we did enjoy our time in the lobby. The inn offers fabulous wine,cheese,fruit and desserts in the afternoon. We were unable to enjoy the fantastic looking breakfast because my husband has diabetes and did not want to chance It. Perhaps having wheat toast/wheat bagels would be helpful.

I would stay at the inn again but not in room 236!

Room Tip: Room 236 is on lobby level. Located next to the breakfast room.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
I am so sorry about the noisy pipes. I can assure you that is not a normal thing. I wish you would have been able to enjoy our breakfast, prepared daily by my lovely wife Susan. I'll suggest that we add some whole wheat bagels/bread. We hope you visit us again soon.
Keene, New Hampshire, USA
Reviewed 7 January 2013

This hotel is beautiful; the rooms are clean, bright and very large. We had plenty of room for all of our outdoor gear. The breakfast in the morning was really good and there was a huge variety. The people running the breakfast were very helpful, polite and made sure the dining room was spotless. The lobby is wonderful with plenty of seating and a huge fireplace that is perfect for snuggling after a long cold day outside. The entire staff was helpful, after our room had been cleaned my housekeeping they had forgotten to leave us a box of tissues. We called down to the front desk and in less than 10 mins someone was at our door with a box of tissues. I would recommend this BW to anyone and would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

torze, Owner at Best Western Silver Fox Inn, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Thanks for taking time to share your experience. As a family owned and operated hotel we take great pride in exceeding our guests expectations. In addition to offering a clean, spacious room, our free breakfast, all home cooked, fresh and varied, is one way we think we set ourselves apart from other properties in the area. We're so glad you found both to your liking. We look forward to seeing you and your friends in the future. Thanks again!
Newton, MA
Reviewed 5 January 2013

When we arrived with two kids and a dog in tow (having been promised one of the two "pet" rooms), the hotel could not find our reservation. I am quite sure that the fault was not ours, because we made the reservation by phone (due to the need for the pet room), I began the conversation by affirming that I had the correct place, and my husband was in the same room when I I made the reservation. Furthermore, our credit card company could find no evidence that another hotel submitted a pre-authorization request.
Of course, everyone makes mistakes; however, the real test is how one deals with these mistakes. In this case, the hotel refused to admit any responsibility; indeed, the passive aggressive elderly woman behind the desk immediately became both defensive and insulting, assuring us that the hotel could not possibly have made a mistake and that we had to have made an error. The owner finally called a nearby hotel, which had a room for the first night, but did nothing to help us make another reservation. We have never experienced such shabby treatment from a hotel and it was hardly what one would hope for from a New Hampshire inn.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CJM51
I am so disappointed to read your comments. As I stated when you arrived there had been no reservation made in your name nor was any credit card per-authorization done. I am still completely mystified but as you note mistakes do happen. If the fault was ours, please accept my apologies again. I went to great lengths to find accommodations that would accept your pet. As there were only 2 rooms remaining in the entire valley I'm thankful I could accommodate you. It was unfortunate that we were not able to accommodate your second night as the entire valley was and had been booked for quite some time. I hope you will give us another chance to show you why Trip Advisor ranks us the #1 accommodation in Waterville Valley by staying with us again in the future. On a final note, the front-desk employee you spoke of and the rest of my staff have read this review and I have used your comments as a valuable training tool to emphasize the importance of courtesy at all times and to all guests regardless of the stress of the moment. My staff will be even better as a result. Thank you.
Hollis, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 November 2012

This hotel was recommended to us by Valleysnowdogz.com when we reserved for trips with them next year and we were extremely pleased. The handicap friendly room was indeed close to the kitchen, but we were not bothered by any noises in the morning. Our kingsized bed and the room and bathroom were very comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding ! Our hostess had made a delicious cheese soufflé as well as a delicious blueberry pie, there was a large variety of breads and preserves and the dining area overlooked the deck and mountains. The staff is friendly and welcoming and we regretted having to stay just for one night. We will definitely be back. We can highly recommend this place for people of all ages.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tabachnikoff
Thank you! We take pride in our family owned and operated hotel. Your "hostess", my wife Susan, was a chef in another life and currently owns a catering company that serves the entire region. As a result, we think our guests get some of the best prepared meals in the valley. I will share your comments with my boss, er, my wife, and the rest of my staff. We hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville Valley
#10 of 20 in Lincoln
Woodwards Resort & Inn
Woodwards Resort & Inn
#11 of 20 in Lincoln

Been to Best Western Silver Fox Inn? Share your experiences!