“AMAZING!!!!”
Review of The Valley Inn

The Valley Inn
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Every person that I ran into at Waterville Valley Resort was very nice, however the staff at The Valley Inn were absolutely mind blowing. They really made my boyfriend and I feel like we were at home. Each time I ran into Whitney, Tanya, or Justin it lead to great conversation and I left with a smile on my face, it was a trip I will never forget, and believe it or not I think that the people at this location that made our trip so memorable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Meanie,
We are so happy to hear you had such a wonderful time here in Waterville Valley! We feel blessed to work in such a beautiful town and to share it's majestic charm with our guests from all over the world. I'm glad my team at The Valley Inn made you feel right at home. We know our guests work hard all year long at home and it is our absolute pleasure to help ensure each person has the best time possible while on their break form reality. Whether you are looking to just relax in the surrounding beauty of the Mountains with your favorite book or you adventure seeker who loves to ski, bike, hike, fish,tennis or play some golf. WV has it for you!
Thanks again and we look forward to your return to Waterville Valley!
Kind Regards from The Valley Inn Team

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I chose this hotel by its ratings. My wife and I spend out first wedding anniversary here, loved it and cannot wait to get back up North! Very warm setting, quiet and quaint. Luxurious, everything we could have asked for and more. We stayed in the Deluxe Suite, it was more than expected!

Room Tip: Go big or go home!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Jon,
We are honored that you decided to spend your very first wedding anniversary at The Valley Inn! Thank you! I am happy to hear that your room exceed your expectations and that you found our hotel to be a "welcomed get-away" for this very special occasion . We hope that you can find time to make it North again, maybe for the spectacular foliage display or this upcoming ski season!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The staff were very helpful and accommodating. We arrived early with two young children and they helped us plan activities to make the day fun and memorable.
The room was larger than I expected and although the bathroom was small, the jacuzzi tub made up for it!
There were board games to play in the lounge area and the outdoor pool was refreshing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Allyson,
Thank you for your kind review! We are honored to have had the chance to help plan fun activities for you and your family. It's nice to read that your experience here was fun and memorable!, Our team loves to read these during our weekly meetings where we brainstorm on new ideas that can help in exceeding our guests expectations. We can't wait to welcome your family back to Waterville Valley!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We have been going to Waterville Valey for years but never stayed at the Valley Inn. Our room was just as advertised and fit our needs just fine. The room was spacious and clean. We do not spend a lot of time in the room as we enjoy all of the outdoor activites the valley has to offer. The Valley Inn offered a convenient low maintenance stay. The Inn offers great coffee round the clock and an upbeat helpful staff.

Dear Bill,
We are honored to have had the opportunity to welcome you back to Waterville Valley! We are pleased you found us this time around and that you were able to experience our hotel. Exceeding expectations is our number one focus so It is a joy to read that is exactly what you found with The Valley Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Waterville Valley.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Hotel was not what we expected having stayed at other Diamond Resorts. We had a Studio Deluxe which would have been fine if it had just been me and my husband as planned when it was booked. We ended up having to take our kids with us and that kind of messed up all our plans. There was plenty to do in town to try to keep them occupied. Our room was very clean, and the ladies at the front desk were very nice. Our only complaints are that the french doors to our room didn't close, and neither did the bathroom door- so no privacy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review on The Valley Inn. We are pleased that you traded your timeshare through Diamond Resorts to stay with us here in the White Mountains! That particular room that Diamonds placed you in, is in fact on the smaller side for a family, I wish we would have not been sold out so that we could have placed you in a Townhouse or two bedroom suite as these units are geared for families.
Thank you for letting us know about the French Doors not properly latching for you. Maintenance has been up there and has corrected this issue. We look forward to your next arrival.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had not stayed at The Valley Inn for a few years and was pleased to see that they are really trying to spruce it up. Our room was freshly painted; it was spacious and comfortable. There was a large wedding party staying at the hotel also, but we heard no noise from them. The pool was one of the cleanest I've seen at a hotel in a while.
That said I think the property has a ways to go. The entryway is shabby, with cigarette butts and weeds by the door and tangled, faded flags overhead. My son asked if the couch in our room was a pull-out and when we lifted off the cushions the lint, dirt and trash underneath was stomach turning.
Overall I would stay at the Inn again if I saw a discount rate, but am not yet ready to pay full price because I think it does not quite merit that.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The efficiency unit was fair . The kitchen was poorly appointed especially the glasses and the silverware. Our refrigator was not cooling or freezing. They replaced it with another and it was no better. When we told them about it nothing was done. We had to throw out our ice cream and also our milk. We planned to spend a week, but left 5 days earlier. We were not satisfied at all with our stay and would not return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
#15 of 20 in Lincoln
Golden Eagle Lodge
Golden Eagle Lodge
#1 of 5 in Waterville Valley

Been to The Valley Inn? Share your experiences!