“Grrrrrrrrrrreat time!”

The Valley Inn
Rockport, Massachusetts
“Grrrrrrrrrrreat time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had an absolutely wonderful time at the Valley Inn. The Summit Suite was perfect in every way and well beyond our expectations! A jacuzzi, fireplace and Sauna? (in the suite!) Your staff person, Justin, did everything possible in answering questions, giving info re: the surrounding area, to the point of printing maps, followed by arranging and confirming our stay. And all this topped off by attending the New Hampshire Highland (Scottish) Games. On a scale of 1-10, I'd say 15 sounds about right. The area is magnificent with its mountains, rivers and scenery.
Thank you again----we'll be back!

Room Tip: The Summit Suite was wonderful. You could have held a dance on the deck! View, outstanding.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Winslow, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed at the Valley Inn for nearly a week while attending a symposium at the conference center. My room was a perfect space for such a lengthy stay. It was very clean, had a decent view, a small sitting area with a couch and a small dining table. When I arrived to my room I discovered the room had a refrigerator and small sink for dishes but no microwave. I contacted the front desk and they made sure I had a microwave the following day. The front desk staff were always kind (even after working nearly all the shifts on one weekend), accommodating, friendly, and went out of their way to ensure a comfortable stay (Tonya). The cleaning staff did an excellent and thorough job cleaning the room. Great place to stay while visiting the area and/or attending a conference in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Melissa A
Marlborough, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We just stayed there Labor day weekend our two level town house was an excellent unit with an awesome view. There is a really nice outdoor pool and a small game room with a pool table. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The TV could be bigger and a second TV in the bedroom would be good. We look forward to staying there again soon.

Jim M

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Jim,

Thank you for your kind remarks! I am pleased you enjoyed one of our 2 level Town House units. We agree the mountainous views are Awesome! We are glad you had time to use the onsite amenities as well. I appreciate your feed back regarding the televisions in this unit and I am now looking into upgrading them with larger flat-screens.

The foliage season as well as the ski season is right around the corner, hopefully you can make it back to take advantage of one of the two! Keep in mind we do provide our guests with discounted lift tickets here if you do happen to ski!

Thanks again for choosing The Valley Inn.

Best Regards from The Valley Inn Team!
Douglas, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We recently stayed at the Valley Inn. While the staff was extremely pleasant, we found the room to be disappointing. We stayed in a townhouse with the bedroom on the second floor. We were surprised to find no air conditioning upstairs and it was a pretty humid week. We put a fan in the window but sucked in the cigarette smoke from those smoking out front. We also were disappointed there was no TV upstairs either, like shown in the picture on the website.

The pool was nice and for the most part we had it to ourselves except the one occasion where we found the pool full of bugs and a turtle swimming in it. The hotel staff quickly fixed the situation and the pool was back to normal

Luckily the surroundings of the mountains made up for the hotel..but we would probably not stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan L
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for supplying us with your feed back. I am happy to read that you felt our staff was extremely pleasant, but I equally disappointed that we fell short of meeting your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies! You are correct that there should have been a television in the upstairs level of your unit and I am looking into why this was removed without being replaced. I can assure you we will correct this matter. As for the AC in our townhouse units there is only one unit located on the lower level. The windows open upstairs and provide a nice cross breeze however I do agree this day was uncomfortable as it was an extremely humid one (a rarity for us in the mountains).
The pool: This was immediately brought to my attention in the morning and handled before the pool was open for use. From time to time a baby turtle or frog can make there way into the water, we do our very best to collect and release them back into an area they are more comfortable with. Again I thank you for this feedback as this bring awareness to areas that I can improve upon for our future guests!

I would invite you to contact me personally at 603-236-8425 to discuss this further, (email jguilbert@valleyinn.com)

Warmest regards for The Valley Inn Team!
Stoughton, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Every person that I ran into at Waterville Valley Resort was very nice, however the staff at The Valley Inn were absolutely mind blowing. They really made my boyfriend and I feel like we were at home. Each time I ran into Whitney, Tanya, or Justin it lead to great conversation and I left with a smile on my face, it was a trip I will never forget, and believe it or not I think that the people at this location that made our trip so memorable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Meanie,
We are so happy to hear you had such a wonderful time here in Waterville Valley! We feel blessed to work in such a beautiful town and to share it's majestic charm with our guests from all over the world. I'm glad my team at The Valley Inn made you feel right at home. We know our guests work hard all year long at home and it is our absolute pleasure to help ensure each person has the best time possible while on their break form reality. Whether you are looking to just relax in the surrounding beauty of the Mountains with your favorite book or you adventure seeker who loves to ski, bike, hike, fish,tennis or play some golf. WV has it for you!
Thanks again and we look forward to your return to Waterville Valley!
Kind Regards from The Valley Inn Team
Holden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I chose this hotel by its ratings. My wife and I spend out first wedding anniversary here, loved it and cannot wait to get back up North! Very warm setting, quiet and quaint. Luxurious, everything we could have asked for and more. We stayed in the Deluxe Suite, it was more than expected!

Room Tip: Go big or go home!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Jon,
We are honored that you decided to spend your very first wedding anniversary at The Valley Inn! Thank you! I am happy to hear that your room exceed your expectations and that you found our hotel to be a "welcomed get-away" for this very special occasion . We hope that you can find time to make it North again, maybe for the spectacular foliage display or this upcoming ski season!

Kind Regards,
The Valley Inn Team
Southborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

The staff were very helpful and accommodating. We arrived early with two young children and they helped us plan activities to make the day fun and memorable.
The room was larger than I expected and although the bathroom was small, the jacuzzi tub made up for it!
There were board games to play in the lounge area and the outdoor pool was refreshing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Allyson,
Thank you for your kind review! We are honored to have had the chance to help plan fun activities for you and your family. It's nice to read that your experience here was fun and memorable!, Our team loves to read these during our weekly meetings where we brainstorm on new ideas that can help in exceeding our guests expectations. We can't wait to welcome your family back to Waterville Valley!

Warmest Regards,
#11 of 20 in Lincoln
BEST WESTERN Silver Fox Inn
BEST WESTERN Silver Fox Inn
#1 of 2 in Waterville Valley

Been to The Valley Inn? Share your experiences!