“Fabulous Accomodations for Reunion”
Review of The Valley Inn

The Valley Inn
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We loved having our high school reunion here. The staff was exceptional and went out of their way to accommodate our needs. The setting was beautiful, the pool area was lovely, 24 coffee/tea was nice, and the room was clean, spacious, comfortable and two levels. Although there isn't any food, it is only a short walk to town center for whatever you might need. We highly recommend it.

Michele in Burlington, VT

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Michele,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Valley Inn. It was our absolute pleasure to host your class of '73' reunion here. We can't wait to see all of you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
The Valley Inn

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Overall it was a great summer stay. Being two hours drive away from boston, the temperature was 7 degrees lower in July, which was very nice. The resort itself offers tons of activities, such as kayaking, ice skating, rock climbing, biking, golf, tennis, etc. we were very satisfied with the huge selections and tried as many as we could in our 3 nights stay. Back to the inn, it is old. But it has all the necessities provided. We didn't feel uncomfortable at all. The price was super. They posted nice offers on resort website, much better than those you can get through websites like Priceline. Make sure you check it before booking.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvia S

Dear Sylvia,

Many thanks for all of the kind comments. Yes during certain periods we do post great deals and specials and we are glad you were able to take advantage of this along with all of the resort activities. Keep an eye out for our Winter midweek ski deals coming out soon.

Kind Regards,
Justin Guilbert

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Room was clean and comfortable. The added sitting area was a bonus, as was the refrigerator. A coffee maker in each room would have been perfect, but the free coffee in the lobby 24 hours daily was an added plus. I use the term "free", as one inn in the valley charges for coffee offered in their lobby - a bit of an insult! The staff was pleasant, courteous and professional. Would recommend the Valley Inn to anyone looking for a comfortable place at an affordable price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank QueenBeeB

Dear QueenbeeB,

Thank you for reviewing The Valley Inn on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your recent stay here with us and we look forward to your return.

Warmest Regards,

Justin Guilbert

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed here one evening because we were attending a wedding in the local area. The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable we were looking forward to a great nights sleep. At 6am I was awoken to the footsteps of the guest above us. It wasn't just footsteps, it sounded like big foot was pacing the floors above us. So for the next 3 hours we listened to every creak that floor had to offer. When I called the front desk she said she would check to see if we were under a stairwell?? (you think they would know that without having to check especially since we were right next to the elevator??). When I went to the front desk at 9am to tell them my disappointment in paying $200 for a room where I couldn't sleep because of the noise above me she replied "they are checking out of their room right now". When I told her I was unhappy with a room where I could hear every footstep of the guest above me she just stared a me. Great customer service :-(. I wouldn't recommend the Valley Inn if you expect a good nights sleep or any type of customer service while your here.

Room Tip: pick one on the top floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Woodfired,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Also thank you for speaking directly with me regarding your stay here. As I mentioned over the phone, noise issues are very rare here as the floors in our hotel are a poured acoustical concrete however I am currently looking into room 212 to see why you were experiencing the excessive noise from above. My plan is to stay in room 212 overnight during a time that the unit above is occupied to experience first hand what you experienced. After speaking with yourself and Arlena, the front desk manager about this issue I have come to the conclusion that there seemed to be confusion and for this we truly apologize. Again we look forward to your next visit with us and as discussed we will not be placing you in the same room.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had an absolutely wonderful time at the Valley Inn. The Summit Suite was perfect in every way and well beyond our expectations! A jacuzzi, fireplace and Sauna? (in the suite!) Your staff person, Justin, did everything possible in answering questions, giving info re: the surrounding area, to the point of printing maps, followed by arranging and confirming our stay. And all this topped off by attending the New Hampshire Highland (Scottish) Games. On a scale of 1-10, I'd say 15 sounds about right. The area is magnificent with its mountains, rivers and scenery.
Thank you again----we'll be back!

Room Tip: The Summit Suite was wonderful. You could have held a dance on the deck! View, outstanding.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed at the Valley Inn for nearly a week while attending a symposium at the conference center. My room was a perfect space for such a lengthy stay. It was very clean, had a decent view, a small sitting area with a couch and a small dining table. When I arrived to my room I discovered the room had a refrigerator and small sink for dishes but no microwave. I contacted the front desk and they made sure I had a microwave the following day. The front desk staff were always kind (even after working nearly all the shifts on one weekend), accommodating, friendly, and went out of their way to ensure a comfortable stay (Tonya). The cleaning staff did an excellent and thorough job cleaning the room. Great place to stay while visiting the area and/or attending a conference in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Melissa A
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We just stayed there Labor day weekend our two level town house was an excellent unit with an awesome view. There is a really nice outdoor pool and a small game room with a pool table. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The TV could be bigger and a second TV in the bedroom would be good. We look forward to staying there again soon.

Jim M

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your kind remarks! I am pleased you enjoyed one of our 2 level Town House units. We agree the mountainous views are Awesome! We are glad you had time to use the onsite amenities as well. I appreciate your feed back regarding the televisions in this unit and I am now looking into upgrading them with larger flat-screens.

The foliage season as well as the ski season is right around the corner, hopefully you can make it back to take advantage of one of the two! Keep in mind we do provide our guests with discounted lift tickets here if you do happen to ski!

Thanks again for choosing The Valley Inn.

Best Regards from The Valley Inn Team!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville Valley
Golden Eagle Lodge
Golden Eagle Lodge
#1 of 5 in Waterville Valley
RiverWalk Resort at Loon Mountain

Been to The Valley Inn? Share your experiences!