“Great Location, Great Service!”
Review of The Valley Inn

The Valley Inn
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Spent a few nights at this beautiful country inn at Waterville Valley. Had a chance to meet and spend time with the General Manager, Justin Guilbert, and Melanie the Front Office Manager. Both were very hospitable and could not have done more to make me feel welcome.

My room was great, very comfortable and I would love to visit again when business takes me to Waterville!

Spent some time at some local restaurants and overall had a great stay! What a surprise and what a great experience!

Room Tip: If room 204 is available, ask for that one. It is the best room in the house. It is more expensive...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JohnWayne76
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Johnwayne76,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience about the staff and resort, as well as your knowledge about our rooms. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope to see you again when you return to Waterville Valley!

Warmest Regards,
The valley Inn Team

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Large rooms with a kitchenette. Comfortable bed. Reception was extremely nice and helpful. Not clean enough for my taste, it seemed like the maid only made the bed every day and didn't clean a thing (like the bathroom).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kukiyot,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad to hear that you were happy with the room, your comfortable beds and our front desk Team!
We also deeply apologize for the shortcomings you experienced with our maid service. We have met and discussed this with the team as it is our goal to exceed the expectations of our guests while vacationing in the White Mountains.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I'm booking each June 40 rooms during the Laconia motorcycle week and since 2011, I never have received complaint from the guests. No matter the french language of most people, the staff members are patient and are always trying to make people satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Minouk2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this kind review! Each year we look forward to welcoming back our Canadian friends and we always enjoy your visits.

See you next June!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here in the summer, so I guess it was quieter than in the winter. Our room was really average, with the bathroom/shower being really old. We didn't have coffee in the room, which is a bit annoying. Our biggest disappointment was the receptionist's attitude. She was really cold and we felt as if we were bothering her. The amenities of the hotel were great though. Nice lounge area and deck, and a great pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Ouin O,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am am truly sorry to here that we missed the mark in a few areas, please accept my sincerest apologies and know that I am taking action to correct what you brought to our attention. If you are able to find the time I am hoping to speak with you directly to find out more information. I hope you are able to find the find the private message I sent to you through TripAdvisor.

On a positive I am glad you enjoyed our facilities and hope you will continue staying with us!

Best Regards,
Justin Guilbert
Email jguilbert@valleyinn.com
Direct 1-603-236-8425
Toll free- 1-800-343-0969

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Valley Inn is the best. We were 40 women with all our quilting items. As soon as I pulled in the staff was there with carts to haul all my things in. The quilting items were brought to the conference room and my suitcase was delivered to my room. The same happened on my departure. You couldn't ask for a more attentive staff. They even set up the lobby area for us all to sit to do our show and tell.

Coffee and tea were available to us through out my stay. The Valley Inn also worked with the Cayote Grill to provide all our meals at the Valley Inn. The food was great.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. It was very quiet. We enjoyed our retreat and will certainly use the Valley Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank patgr2014
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Just returned from a few days as a volunteer for Special Olympics. Was greeted warmly upon my arrival and was checked in within minutes. Found my room to be warm and comfortable. Not to mention impeccably clean. Upon returning from a very cold day on the mountain, the fireplace and comfortable sofa were a great ending to a very rewarding day. Fresh coffee and tea were always available, a nice touch. Location is good and I found everyone that I encountered from the Waterville Valley community to be very friendly and helpful. Checkout was a breeze. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. Management and staff all should be applauded.

Barney Valliere

Room Tip: First floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Barneyval
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us at The Valley Inn and more notably, thank you for volunteering in The Special Olympics! We are honored to serve you and greatly appreciate your business and positive comments.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I volunteer at the Special Olympics at Waterville Valley. We stayed at the Inn last year and were looking forward to this years stay. Upon our arrival we were dismayed to find that they did not have our reservations. Checking my confirmation, I realized I had booked the wrong month . Without hesitation the receptionist and staff transferred the reservation , rebooked us for the nights we needed and in record time we were in our room without a glitch, rendering no extra fees or penalties. This is almost unheard of in this day and age. It is encouraging to see such a professional and accommodating establishment. What could have been a disastrous and costly expedience for us was turned into very pleasant on due to the fantastic staff and management.I highly recommend the Inn for a beautiful and comfortable place to stay. Also very conveniently located near all of the Valley's facilities. Linda Archie

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank richard a
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for volunteering in The Special Olympics and thank you for taking the time to review The Valley Inn on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our service and had a pleasant and comfortable stay. We hope the next time you travel to the White Mountains you will consider staying at The Valley Inn again.

Kind Regards,

#15 of 20 in Lincoln
Golden Eagle Lodge
Golden Eagle Lodge
#1 of 5 in Waterville Valley

Been to The Valley Inn? Share your experiences!