We stayed at the Snowy Owl Inn for New Year's Eve ski weekend. There are no "ski-in, ski-out" accomodations at Waterville Valley. This location was excellent. There is a cute little shopping complex right next door - and a nice indoor ice skating rink. The Inn was lit-up with white lights on the outside...all wood...very very cozy inside. The lobby has a big stone fireplace and comfy couches. They put out coffee, juice and muffins each am til 9:00am...be forewarned; if you show up at 9:01, there won't even be a crumb left. They do offer a breakfast downstairs set-up buffet style. It was $12.95 for adults and $9,95 for children. It was a sad buffet, not much variety or choice. I will say though, everything was homemade...fresh pancakes, french toast, home baked muffins. The staff is very accomodating and friendly. The $9.95 for kids was a bit steep - that probably should be $9.95 for adults and $6.95 for kids. There is no place else around to have a decent breakfast. The rooms are in need of some updating. There are little lobbies set up throughout...so if you were travelling with another family or couple, you can hang out and sit by one of the many fireplaces and have a glass of wine, while the kids play at the table. And then everyone retires to their own room. Overall, it's a good value and great location. One thing I did not like was the fact they charge $1.25 for a k-cup. The price isn't much but really...I witnessed a couple from Europe who did not speak English very well ask the front desk for a cup of coffee. The desk clerk told them they needed to buy a k-cup. Really? It's coffee. How hard would it be to provide a carafe for travelers who are coming to stay? Some Inns provide cookies in addition to free coffee as a welcome. Coffee would be nice...especially since there are no coffee makers in the rooms either. The pool is gorgeous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Snowy Owl Inn is considered one of New England's finest country inns. Set in the heart of Waterville Valley and the White Mountain National Forest, our all-season 82 room inn offers a relaxing vacation, a great family getaway. It's also the perfect place for business meetings, seminars, conferences, reunions, weddings and celebrations. In the winter enjoy alpine and cross country skiing along with snowshoeing, tubing and even sleigh rides! In the summer we are just as busy with paddleboats, beach on Corcorans Pond, hiking, golf, tennis and even a chairlift ride up Snow's Mountain. Be as busy as you want to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Snowy Owl Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snowy Owl Hotel Waterville Valley
- Snowy Owl Inn Waterville Valley, New Hampshire