We visited the Snowy Owl Inn last weekend as part of a group. The group leader had arranged our stay, and organized a Saturday night dinner. The first downfall was the fact that the Inn did not seem heated...at ALL!!!! We walked in out of the freezing cold temps and looked forward to a warm blast of air. Instead, we spent the entire weekend in our coats while in the hotesl. It was FREEZING!!!!!
I will say that our room setup was perfect for our family...however the room had not been updated in a very long time, and the mattresses were horrible!!!
Friday night, while we are all visiting with each other in a common area, and we were told at 10pm that all common areas were now closed and that there was nowhere for our group to continue to gather. What? This was a reunion of families, and we had nowhere to all hang out after 10pm?!?!
Our Saturday night dinner was done in a dining area downstairs. The food was fine. That's about all I can say. 2 hours after our dinner began, the fireplace was turned off, the lights began to shut off and we were told that our time was up and we needed to leave. One staff member indicated that another party was coming in, however this was not the case. The room remained dark for the rest of the night.
There are fireplaces throughout the Inn. Apparently most of them did not work. They remained dark and cold throughout our stay.
We were never made to feel truly welcome at the resort. The staff was unfriendly and never smiled. There was a security guard that walked around staring and glaring at people...it was creepy!
Having stayed at the Snowy Owl when I was a child, I had been looking forward to returning. Now, unfortunately, I will not return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Snowy Owl Inn is considered one of New England's finest country inns. Set in the heart of Waterville Valley and the White Mountain National Forest, our all-season 82 room inn offers a relaxing vacation, a great family getaway. It's also the perfect place for business meetings, seminars, conferences, reunions, weddings and celebrations. In the winter enjoy alpine and cross country skiing along with snowshoeing, tubing and even sleigh rides! In the summer we are just as busy with paddleboats, beach on Corcorans Pond, hiking, golf, tennis and even a chairlift ride up Snow's Mountain. Be as busy as you want to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Snowy Owl Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snowy Owl Hotel Waterville Valley
- Snowy Owl Inn Waterville Valley, New Hampshire