“Perfect spot for the Bike week”

Weirs Beach Motel and Cottages
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Weirs Beach
“Perfect spot for the Bike week”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Perfect spot for the Bike week. Just at the end gate of the strip. I had to leave earlier because of death in the family and I was able to arrange something with the owner. Very good service. Stayed at the motel across form the office and had perfect view of the bikes running down the street late at night. Our room was very clean. Our spot when we'll be back to Laconia!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nemo D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Diemen, Nederland
Reviewed 17 October 2013

There was a mix-up with our reservation: first they put us in one of the tiny cottages under the trees but we had a reservation for a room with two beds, so we got a free (! thanks) upgrade to one of the 4 bigger cottages. This one was ok. The only problem there were long black hairs everywhere. In the bedlinnen, on the floor, even in the fridge!
We didn't use the kitchen at all because it was dirty. Bathroom was ok.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mona R
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I really liked this place. Staff was very friendly. We stayed in the motel which is across the street from the office and the cottages. The room was spacious, definitely dated but clean and comfortable. The beds had seen better days and the carpet had an iron burn mark on it, but as I said it was clean and spacious. The room had a microwave and fridge in addition to plenty of drawer space and a closet. The bathroom was a bit small, but again, it was clean and functioning. Although we did not use it, the motel also had a nice pool area in addition to the lake beach nearby.

The town of Weirs Beach was sort of dumpy. We were there at the end of the season so not a lot of tourists around. We walked down to the main strip at night to check out some of the bars, but most felt unwelcoming so we didn't go in any. Checked out the arcade at the center of town which wasn't too impressive. Better off going to the Fun Spot a few miles away for your arcade needs. By the way, this is a great hotel to stay at if you are visiting the Fun Spot. Also the beach on the scenic lake down the street from the motel looked nice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marybink
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The location was the best thing about the place. Sheets had hairs on them. Made it a point to have the maids come in and clean by putting the sigh on the door. Beds were made and that's it. Left the trash, didn't chance the sheets. The beds and decide is old and I won't stay there again. I will pay more for a better place. Staff was nice and it was quiet. Parking is great, but overall I won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Njaned25
weirsbeachmotel, General Manager at Weirs Beach Motel and Cottages, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thank you for the review. Unlike most cottages in the area, we actually provide daily housekeeping in addition to many other extras. Our friendly and courteous staff makes up the beds when the room is occupied and only changes sheets every other day to be more environmentally friendly, unless stipulated by the guest. When a guest checks out ALL rooms are fully cleaned and all linens, etc. are replaced as is the universal norm. Towels are changed every day however. Hair might have been from the guest, but, we were not informed at the time so I can not be 100% sure (static cling from the dryers is possible but rare occurrence). Either way we apologize for the mishap. But make no mistake, we provide exceptional daily housekeeping in all our houses, cottages and the motel.
Malden, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 9 September 2013

These rooms are minutes away from the beach and boardwalk they are clean and well kept. maids come in daily friendly front desk staff what else could you ask for this was my 2nd year here and I will be booking again for next year

Room Tip: all rooms are pretty mych the same except which way the bed is facing
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Janice C
USA
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have been staying at this motel one weekend in September every year for the past two years (and will be again this year, 2013) and have yet to have any negative experiences. I have stayed in both a motel room and cottage. The rooms & cottages are very reasonably priced. I have always found my room/cottage clean and stocked. The staff has been friendly and greeted me warmly. Granted, I am there in September when the town is vacant, so it has always been quiet at night. I've enjoyed their pool (when it was warm enough outside). For the price, you're getting a good deal in my opinion. I am very much looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank TrotterUsa
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My sister and i stayed here when ee went to see the rascal flatts concert in gilford. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to weirs beach boardwalk. The beds are actually comfortable too! The person that checked us in was very nice and friendly. I would definately recommend this place to others and woupd definately stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
#3 of 5 in Weirs Beach
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#3 of 13 in Laconia

Been to Weirs Beach Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!