“Tasty for the money but no bells and whistles.”
Review of Christmas Island Steakhouse - CLOSED

Christmas Island Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States
“Tasty for the money but no bells and whistles.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were told about the restaurant by some one at the hotel that had been there before a couple of years ago. Sounded pretty good and we were wanting a steak and it was very close too were we stayed(Naswa). When we arrived the parking lot was almost empty. We went in and were seated right away there were only 2 other tables with patrons. The dining room was so quite to quite. The decor its suppose to be Christmas but kinda failEd..there was a tree and some lights but just old and tacky. red vinyl table clothes old carpet. The waitress we had was pleasant but we only saw her when we ordered and when she brought the food and bill. I ordered the baked scallops which were very tasty small portion small baked potatoe tiny Salad. He ordered a steak cooked perfect again small sides. We had ordered a beverage from bar when we got there attempted too order another half way through dinner but was told they closed the bar area because there was not enough people, we would have liked the option to order prior to them closing which would have been nice for them too mention. While we ate we were the only ones in there so they decided too vacuum around the table. Kinda tacky but I guess that is par for the course. The bill really was not that bad neither was the food just there system. Probably would not go back unless I heard they made some changes. Or maybe they work better when busy..not going take the chance

• Visited August 2013

Vernon, New Jersey
“You Shouldn't Miss This One!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were vacationing in New Hampshire from New Jersey and decided to visit this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews. We went on a Thursday night when they offer all you can eat prime rib. It was excellent! You can also order other things on the menu if your not a prime rib fan. There was six of us and everyone enjoyed their meal. It has a Christmas theme which is kind of cool in August. We would definitely go back!

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“HORRIBLE”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Food was horrible, overcooked and poor quality. The service was OK, but she clearly didn't want to be working. We read the reviews and thought we would give it a shot since we are new owners in the area.
Waste of time and money. You would be better off going to McDonalds (and I don't go there now!!)
The building is run down, grimey looking. Salad was a few pieces of iceburg lettuce with a wrinkled grape tomatoe. The rolls were burned...like hockey pucks. My husbands steak was tough and well done even though he asked for medium. My lobster pie was OVERCOOKED and rubbery. We couldn't wait to leave...and I was hungry. So we ventured down the road and found an awesome Icecream place to FILL UP and it was CLEAN!!!
Don't waste you money.....find somewhere else to eat in Laconia!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Denise L
RI
“Great food, friendly atmosphere!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Friends treated us to the Prime Rib Buffet on Thursday evening. The place was bustling; the waitstaff was obviously busy but did a great job and I noticed the smiles, both the hosts and the customers! The food was delicious and I'd return often if I lived closer!!

Visited August 2013
new england
“great food !”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Always packed so you know it's good, just drive by and you can smell the steaks cooking. My prime rib was simply perfection. Their crock of onion soup was the best I've had. Service was great. Menu offers many specials, apps, and sides. My only complaint would be that the salad that accompanied my meal had one lone grape tomato and one thin slice of cuke atop the iceberg lettuce, and a couple of red onion slices. I certainly look forward to going again.

Visited August 2013