“Too Long”

The M/S Mount Washington
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Weirs Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: No visit to New hampshire is complete without a cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee aboard the M/S Mount Washington. Scenic cruises on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire's largest lake depart Weirs Beach daily late May through October. The lake is surrounded by mountains and dotted with islands and offer some of the most spectacular scenery in New Hampshire. Alternating ports: Wolfeboro, Alton Bay, Meredith and Center Harbor. Breakfast, lunch and cocktails are available on board. Sunset dinner dance cruises feature buffet dinner and dancing to live music.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Recently my Husband and I booked the Dinner& Dancing Cruise. I've read some of the reviews on this evening cruise and respectfully disagree with some regarding the meal.
The meal was served promptly at 6:15 pm and we thought the meal was definitely worth the price. The fish was excellent, not to mention the buffet was all you could eat. So, that part of the package was excellent.
This night also offered some guest speakers ( we opted out of that), along with live music ( we also opted out). So there was a lot for the price no doubt!
The issue we had with the cruise was that it was way to long, three hours to be exact, but we knew this prior to purchasing the tickets. Being a night cruise you were unable to see the beautiful views. My recommendation would be cruises that were no more than 90 minutes as you become quickly bored.
Hats off to the staff as they were excellent!

1  Thank Susan W
in 11 reviews
"hour tour"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We took one of the 2 smaller boats on a cool sunday morning in august where the boat was very uncrowded due to the weather. a great orientation to lake winni . what I wished I had known was that we could have chosen a more personalized tour of nearby squam lake which would have been much more small scale. we will likely end up doing both tours which are around $25.00 per person. Just be advised that the MS MOUNT WASHINGTON is not the only tour in town. You could drive up to Holderness for the squam lake tour in about 10 minutes.

1  Thank SCRAPPYJupiter
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We cruised on the Mount Washington last year. We had the most wonderful meal that just made the rest of the night worth every penny. This year, TERRIBLE food. Fish that was over cooked and did not taste like haddock to me - all the beef was cooked to well done (yes I went to several food stations) - vegtibles that we all agreed were weird tasting (like they were cooked with terrible water) - whipped potatoes and a cold pasta dish with no flavor. Desert, heck I don't know just really nothing worth the calories. Kinda like frozen deserts that were thawed out next to the jarred fruit they served. I agree with someone else, we could not wait to get off the boat and get some decent food. Hey, if you want to cut costs, reduce the cruise to 2.5 or even 2 hours and bring back last years caterer. Oh, the music. It was ok, the guy on the top deck was decent - while the guy on deck two with his magic music machine was loud and not that great. I did not listen to the group on the main deck, but people seemed pleased with that group. Overall, I just can't get past the cost for such terrible food. I believe this is only my third or fourth bad review while writing about 80 of these - that does not say much for the Mount Washington, it will surely sink if the poor food quality is not fixed. We will not return for our annual cruise until something changes - there goes $106 in lost revenue and I doubt that we are the only ones who feel like this. Sorry I had to write this review, but I owed you the truth.

5  Thank Ronald H
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We enjoyed the champagne brunch on board the MS Mt. Washington leaving from Weir's Beach on a Sunday morning, The price is steep, costing just over $100 for two seniors and one child. The buffet on board is another $16 per person, and a gentleman was playing live music in the dining room. For adults it's a great way to see the lake and islands, but kids tend to get bored on any trip over an hour, so small kids may not like it after the first few miles. My husband and I had taken the smaller Doris E. earlier for an hour ride and liked that as well, better for families.