“A little piece of heaven on earth.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Lazy E Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Weirs Beach
Elmira, New York
“A little piece of heaven on earth.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I planned a 5 day getaway with my fiance' and my three kids and knew I wanted us to be somewhere near Laconia, NH...close to my fiance's family. I searched for hotels and found it so costly and thinking that the kids would be cramped in a hotel room I thought "out of the box" and when it came up in a search engine...BAM! I was blown away when I looked at the pictures on the webpage. There is NOTHING like this place in the world. It is beautiful. It is peaceful and quiet. Clean and comfortable. It was so much cheaper than a tiny hotel room and we had a full kitchen, living room, bedroom, and a bathroom with a tub. The staff. OH I cannot express enough good thoughts about the owners and their staff. One of the staff...bonded with my little girl and went out of her way to make her vacation special. To a parent...there is NOTHING more important...My last memory of this weekend was as the van was packed (after the owner offering to help carry the luggage bag!)...the owners came out to thank us and my little girl hugged them and the tears fell. It was just a beautiful experience...our family bonded once again in a pleasant setting...with lots of happy people around. That to me is PRICELESS. 4 more months till we will be back...the countdown has begun....16 weeks..15 weeks...14 weeks....

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Karringtyn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Booked a last minute President's Day getaway, my original choice was a property also run by The Lazy "E" but, was not close to area where I wanted to be. When I booked, I did not know the property was run by The Lazy "E", after seeing the location I asked Linda & Less (Proprietors) if I could stay at The Lazy "E" property as it was better located to my needs.

They not only honored my request but, upgraded me (Doug & Deb) to a lake front suite with a fireplace and, it was spotless! A HIDDEN JEWEL ON WEIRS BEACH BLVD. Did not get to enjoy the outside patio with LARGE flat screen tv, & bbq due to the Season ;-( .....
Thanx Linda & Less,
Doug & Deb Boston, MA

Room Tip: Room 6 was ours, a queen suite! One more below us (Stadium Style Setup), a two bed cabin directly on...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DFC73
FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Lazy E. The innkeepers are very nice and easy to deal with, and the new renovated room. The room was comfortable, cozy with the gas fireplace, and most importantly, very clean! There was also plenty of hot water and good water pressure. It was kind of stormy so I didn't see much of the view, but it's a gorgeous area. The desk and microwave/fridge were great, flat screen tv, and there is also a little desk. Can't beat the Lazy E's price either. Don't miss breakfast at the Union Diner in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank hfla
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Lazy E Motor Inn for 5 nights, as part of our honeymoon trip to New England. My husband wanted to stay near Funspot, while I wanted to relax near the lake and we also wanted somewhere a bit more private than a B&B, where we could get up when we pleased and eat in at night if we wanted. Despite the fact that it rained for most of our stay, we had a great time because the Lazy E was perfect.

We stayed in Cabin C1, which was the furthest from the lake but still had lovely views. The cabin was small and basic but spotlessly clean, very cosy and it had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The owners were really nice and Les lit the outdoor fire for us on the night it didn't rain! The owners' website shows loads of photos of the cabins and we found the details to be completely accurate.

The location is fantastic, right on Paugus Bay and we really wish the weather had been better so we could have enjoyed the outdoor facilities more, as the fire pit was great and we really wanted to swim in the lake. We're already planning to revisit the Lazy E next year - we absolutely loved it there and anyone who likes cosy cabins and nature will too!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Louise H
Berkley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and were "well satisfied." The room was quite "cozy" and " neat and very clean." The bed was comfortable and we had a quiet nights sleep. It had a "beautiful view" of the lake. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a summer weekend. Truth be told, we ended up in this motel because it was the best of the remaining options. We stayed in the motel - in room M6. This was not the room that we had reserved but I didn't complain because it was closer to the water than the room we had reserved. This is a classic cheap (but very clean) motel with good service. The primary thing that this place has going for it is its location. It is located right on the lake, complete with a dock, easy access to the water, and a swim platform. The room had a double bed (though advertised as queen-sized). It was comfortable enough but, by no means, dreamy. The room had very dim lighting. The bathroom is small with a tiny shower. The room comes with a mini-fridge and microwave which was convenient as the local dining options leave something to be desired. It also had a little deck out front with a cafe table and two chairs. On the property, there is an outdoor BBQ area complete with a 50" TV. It was be a fun area to hang out with a family or a large group of friends. Overall pros: location, friendly service, clean room. Cons: double bed, very no frills.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TeamKitty
Verona Island, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

We found the Lazy E online and booked it during our recent honeymoon. We were pleasantly surprised to find this gem tucked away on the lake. Our motel room M6 was nicely decorated and had a view of the lake from the side window. The terracing of the motel made this possible. We had a fireplace, fridge and microwave. A nice surprise was access to the water with two docks. One for swimming and one we found great for sunbathing and relaxing away from the swimmers. My husband loved the firepit and camaraderie later that night. There are grills available which we will use another trip. Shopping for groceries is about 5 miles away. Bring an ice chest if you plan to do this as the fridge is not big. There was a great restaurant 1/2 mile away with an excellent dinner.
Our only complaint was that the hot tub was locked up and never opened.

Room Tip: Go to the website and look at the photos. We hadn't done that prior to booking. Also there are...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
The Summit Resort
The Summit Resort
#6 of 12 in Laconia
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Lazy E Motor Inn? Share your experiences!