“Another great bike week in Laconia!!”
Review of Lazy E Motor Inn

Lazy E Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Weirs Beach
East Greenbush, New York
“Another great bike week in Laconia!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We LOVE bike week in Laconia!! Our second year and already booked them for 2014!! We stay in one of their nice suites, but the couple we brought with us this year had the chance to stay in their Lake house. Heaven, that's all I can say, large kitchen, front porch, back porch, BBQ, fireplace, 4 bedrooms, washer dryer, large living room, full fridge, stove and all your utensils, pans, pot holders and much more! It is right on the lake with beautiful views and the best sunset I ever seen! There are tables and chairs with yet a second BBQ grill and Adirondack chairs to relax and watch the boats go by! So sad to have to come home, but the pictures I took are incredible and the memories are priceless to us! Needless to say, we are recruiting other friends and family to join us and next year we are all staying in the lake house! It's one of the nicest spots, people are friendly, its clean and accommodating to say the least. Les & Linda are the owners and have given us a lot of friendly advise as to scenic bike rides or where the best foods spots are. Like one of he other reviews say, it is a "Diamond in the rough"!!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room. People are respectful and by 10-11pm most are just sitting by the fire or i...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tammy I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed in room 7! Great waterfront view! Rained while we were here but didn't matter apartment was very cozy and comfortable! Nice deck! And hot tub,kitchen was equiped with pots and pans and nice dishes! Even an area for grilling! Bed was very comfy and rooms clean!

• Stayed June 2013
Dracut, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Like other reviewers we were at first dismayed by the outside appearance of the Lazy E. Having said that, it was really off-season, there were still patches of snow on the ground, there was no summer foliage to hide the fact that this is an older property. The first people we saw were a small group of bearded men carrying fishing poles - my wife thought this may be some kind of fishing camp. In any case, we just wanted a room for the night, having plans to spend the day elsewhere.
Our room itself was as I said in the title very clean and comfortable. Since we arrived really early the cleaners were just finishing up, they and the owners were very accommodating to let us drop off our stuff. Our room had a shower (no tub) that's fine with us, two queen beds nicely decorated with several pillows. Heat was provided by a corner gas-fired fireplace. It was effective and nice, except more than once during the night it surprised me when it "popped" on and "popped" off. In the summer when the weather is warmer it might be nice to sit on porch in front of the unit during the evening.
If you can get past the exterior appearance you will be satisfied with the room, especially for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Miike L
cape cod
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Although at first glance we thought...oh no...the Lazy E Motor Inn proved to be a great spot.
We visited in the winter, close to Gunstock, Dog sled championships, Ice Fishing Derby etc..
The room could use some updating...but the view of the lake was spectacular and the staff
was very helpful. Owner Linda was very helpful at check in..and when we arrived back in the evening another staff member was more than willing to help in any way she could, asking if we needed help carrying things in. I think if when we arrived the gas stove had been on, it would have made all the difference in the world. I understand this would be difficult, not knowing when we would arrive but had we been greated by a warm room with the fire going...first impressions would have been "wow"

Room Tip: Room 6 had a great view
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank donche
Massachuetts
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Don't let the rough exterior fool you. If you are looking for the Marriott, the Lazy E is not for you. If you're looking for a cozy, clean room then this is the place for you. We stayed for two nights over February school vacation for a family ice fishing trip.

We stayed in one of the 1 bedroom Suites S8. First, my apologies to the staff, (I hate being "that guy") I realized after we got home that I had mis-read the reservation receipt and noticed that we had checked in a couple hours early. There was never any mention of arriving early and the check-in process was quick and easy.

The room was exactly as described/pictured on their web site. Plenty of room for our family of 4 and SPOTLESS!! Some of the buildings looked old on the outside, but from what I've seen the rooms have been remodeled and the staff does a great job keeping them clean and prepped for check-in. The furniture was in good condition. Some of the furniture was mismatched but again your not staying at the Marriott. With the large window/ sliding glass door the room was a little drafty with the howling February winds, but you have control of the thermostat on the gas log fireplace, which was adequate for the size of the room. Towel service and trash pick-up is done daily. Just leave the wet towels on the porch and you have clean towels when you return. The staff obviously works hard to keep the rooms clean.

Being the dead of winter we didn't get to use the outside facilities much. But in the summer time it looks like a fun place to sit by the fire and socialize with other guests. For our ice fishing trip they had a ramp down to the ice and a heated bob house to stay warm. There's also a propane grill out on the ice if you want to cook some burgers. The propane is provided by the owners at no extra charge. My son's favorite part of the trip was that the wi-fi worked way out on the ice in the bob house. It worked out great being we didn't catch a thing. LOL!

If you head out to dinner stop by the office on your way. They have discount coupons available to a few local restaurants. All in all a great relaxing family vacation. We look forward to coming back again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Chris C
Elmira, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is my husband and my fourth stay at the Lazy E. We have now been here for all 4 seasons. We stayed in a beautiful newly renovated room and couldn't have been more surprised or happy. The price was amazing and the whole experience was the best. The atmosphere here is like NO OTHER. The staff is amazing and well Les and Linda are like family now to us. Book your room and experience the Lazy E...you will be glad you did!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Motel part..Room 3..
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karringtyn
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Towering pine and oak trees create a fresh and rustic setting for this wonderful little lodge nestled in a lakefront hillside. I started my stay here the Friday after labor day when Les and Linda were hosting their annual family reunion. Although the Lazy-e is normally closed to the public for this event, Les and Linda were kind enough to accomodate my brother and I with a room. One of the main reasons I chose this place was because, it had docking facilities for my rental boat ($25 a day/night). This just turned out to be one of many perks this place ultimately provided for me. My original intention was to stay here for three nights and rent the dock space for two. However, I loved my experience here so much, that I wound up staying two more nights. The room was clean, comfortible, and decorated tastefully. The tv and wi fi both worked well leaving me with no complaints. Les, Linda, and staff are exceptionally friendly and will bend over backwards to accomodate your needs. This kind of goodwill is hard to find in this day in age and thus propels this place to a 5 star rating in my book. The fire pit, tiki byob bar, and swim area are additional perks that add to the whole experience. These amenities provide a social environment for guests that reminds me of camping as a child. In fact, Les told me that he wound up filling a market niche he didn't even know existed (i.e. "glamping") meaning glamourous camping. Well if glamping it is then, the Lazy-e is glamping at it's finest. I put the Lazy-e at the top of the list for any lake region bound travelers.
Rich S.

Weirs Beach Motel and Cottages
Lake Winnipesaukee Motel
Lake Winnipesaukee Motel
#3 of 5 in Weirs Beach

Been to Lazy E Motor Inn? Share your experiences!