“Relaxing getaway”

Chesterfield Inn
massachusetts
“Relaxing getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2009

We had a great time on our recent trip to the Chesterfield Inn. Close to home but far enough to be away. Close to little shops and restaurants in Keene and Brattleboro. Tubing at Granite Gorge was the best! The Inn's breakfast was good and the tea and cookies in the afternoon a nice touch. The room was cozy and spacious.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
IRide32
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2009

My significant other and I stayed here in July of last year and am pleased to report that we have booked another stay for February of this year.
I purchased the pet package (yes, this is a pet friendly inn...a few rooms are designated for pets!). This is 2 nights in a pet friendly room with its own separate entrance and easy access to the fields and woods in back of the property. Although we stayed in a designated pet room, the room was so clean you couldn't tell a bit. No smell, no hair. Moreover, the pet package actually comes with a gift basket for your pet! Our English bulldog enjoyed organic sausage treats, a plastic red water bowl (which we still use), a chew toy, and other treats. We stayed in room 20 (and its where we are staying again). The room is just off the main inn and has its own separate front entrance. The front entrance had a chair to sit on to just relax and the private deck out back had 2 chairs, a table, and umbrella. In addition, 2 Adirondack chairs just for our unit were on the lawn overlooking the meadows and foothills. Although the property is located off a main route, you cannot hear any road noise whatsoever. In front is a charming duck pond surrounded by a rail fence. In back, meadows, woods, and distant mountain views.
The inside is country elegance but by no means stuffy. Our room was quite spacious and tastefully decorated, complete with CDs, magazines, a TV (enclosed in an armoire), sitting area, and front hall with closet. We enjoyed an amazing candlelit dinner on the glassed-in porch. Breakfast was part of our package and we enjoyed yet another delicious meal in the porch area, although we could have had it brought to our room (this is an offered option).
The staff was so friendly. We learned of a little tea time that goes on in the afternoons so we made our way into the sitting area of the main building for some cookies and lemonade.
We also went over to Brattleboro, VT for a little shopping and found that we were very close to many covered bridges and mini trails that we took advantage of. When we weren't enjoying these activities, we were soaking in the super deep whirlpool tub sipping beverages from the mini fridge or relaxing by the gas fireplace.
This inn is simply fantastic. It is everything you would hope a private, quiet, country stay could be.

• Liked — The privacy, quietness, decor, and space.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008
Chelsea, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2009

This was our 3rd stay there, our second New Year's Eve stay - the first New Year's Eve stay was nine years ago, when we got engaged. The rooms are great, the staff is great, the location (right near Brattleboro, VT) is great, but the huge winner here is the food. Dinner at the Inn is a bit pricey, but I've spent more on meals that haven't been as good, and for the value, the food is 100% worth it. Even the included breakfasts are amazing! They're also very dog-friendly. The first two times we went were with our dog Ezra, and I can't wait to bring another dog there someday again!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2009

The Inn is located in a nice rural setting. We stayed in room #23 which was clean and even had a small fridge. The fireplace did the trick keeping us warm while enjoying some reading in the comfy chairs.

I would describe the facility as not being stuffy but elegant and at the same time nothing missing to make the stay comfortable. If you are looking to rest, relax and have a cup of tea this makes for a nice place to stay. My wife and I went looking for quiet and relaxing time, not to be distracted by running around for outdoor activities. We did not venture out looking for those as that would have defeated the idea of visiting the Inn.

The staff was courteous and accessible at all times.
We also had dinner as part of the package which was awesome, congrats to the chef!

And, for those of us with pets, the staff is very pet friendly and although we did not bring our puppy with us this seems to be the perfect setting. Some of the rooms lead to an open field in the back of the Inn which surely makes it easy on the dog owners. I don’t believe the Inn charges a pet fee, please be aware of this nice perk and be mindful so that perks like this stay in place! Thank Judy.

• Liked — The views, quiet calm setting, food and restaurant facility. Ambiance is stress free.
  • Disliked — The nearby towns.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brattleboro, VT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2008

I had my wedding and reception at the Chesterfield Inn last month. I don’t usually take the time to write reviews but wanted to for the Chesterfield Inn. It was an awesome location to have a small wedding and an overall beautiful place where attention is paid to every last detail. Inside the Inn there is a lot of charm and character. The grounds outside are so beautiful that it was hard to choose one spot to have the ceremony. I finally settled on getting married on their very cute terrace. The pictures of my ceremony are lovely with what I think are crab apple trees in the background with little red fruit on them. For posed pictures after the ceremony I have the background of the Inn's meadow of tall grass with rolling hills in the distance. In the event of rain I would have been just as happy to have been wed in front of the fireplace or a large picture window that looks out on the terrace. The Inn was so pretty and well taken care of that I dedicated 3 pages of my wedding album to scenic pictures of the Inn and its grounds!

The service was impeccable. The best part for me was the Inn Keeper's and staff’s attention to detail. I got a detailed letter of all of the arrangements we had decided on so I knew that the decisions made for my wedding would be carried out as I had wanted. All of the little details were handled as expected. It really was amazing to see all of the details that go into a wedding delivered flawlessly. And all of this was done with warmth and a genuine feeling that people were open to doing whatever they could to be helpful for the wedding itself and for the many times that I came in to plan for the event.

The food was also amazing. The filet mignon and salmon were delicious and prepared with unique sauces. Even the salad was terrific! The guests especially raved about the hors d’oeuvres. The hors d’oeuvres were the last and hardest choice I had to make for my wedding arrangements. There were so many unique choices… bison sausage, balsamic roasted lamb on feta rosemary biscuits, wild mushroom and goat cheese turnovers, smoked trout and boursin cheese on herbed toasts.... I could go on and on, but this gives you an idea of the quality and uniqueness of the Inn’s menu.

When the wedding reception was over it was wonderful that we (my new husband and I, and many of our guests) could just walk to our rooms for the night.

One of my guests said to my husband’s 2 teenage nieces something like, “Not everyone gets to experience the finer things in life at such a young age. You two are lucky to have experienced such a fine event in your early years.” I thought he summed up well how exceptional I felt everything was at the Chesterfield Inn. I could not be more grateful to all there who contributed to making my wedding day such a wonderful event.

• Liked — The quality - great food, great service, etc.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2008

As a yarn shop owner I lead a group of knitters twice yearly in a get-away weekend. The Chesterfield Inn has been our host for the last three retreats. In a nutshell:

The bedrooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and clean.
The common rooms are inviting and spacious; don't forget to check out the sunroom and terrace.
The food is delicious, with excellent presentation and the chef is extremely flexible in terms of dietary needs. For breakfast, don't miss the caramel french toast. The house hummus and toasted pita chips are a treat and there is no need to make dinner reservations. The Chesterfield dining room is one of the best dinner restaurants in the area,
The staff is friendly, courteous and most encouraging of suggestions.

And you just may see us there knitting away, chatting, and enjoying fine food and friendships.

• Liked — great rooms, full service diningroom, location
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2008

A wonderful place!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chesterfield
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Colonial Motel & Spa
Colonial Motel & Spa
#4 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Chesterfield Inn? Share your experiences!