“I was disappointed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Swanzey
Swanzey Lake Camping Area
Sabattus, Maine
“I was disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

I saw several reviews of how camping was with rv's and seemed happy with it. I went to Swanzey campground and was very disappointed. Everything was crowded but on a holiday weekend it was expected. My semi-private site as not private in the least. Sadly if u are a tent camper, you will be shunned. The people (tent campers) who have absolutely no amenities( no water, electricity or bathroom) are pushed to the wayside. If i wanted to actually wanted to use the outhouse at any time it would require me to travel literally half way across the campground. The staff was less than nice. Everyone seemed to tell you what you asked but there were no pleasantries involved. It was "ok .. but you are bothering me and get out of my way ". I just felt very unwelcomed and as though i was less than there seasonals and higher paying customers. I am an easy going person, it served my purpose as a place to stay.. i wasn't comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Lindie73

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Swanzey Lake Camping Area? Share your experiences!