“Will never return. I wish this place looked like the pictures!”

Swanzey Lake Camping Area
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Swanzey
Swanzey Lake Camping Area
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I live in CT and recently stayed at this campground for the annual pumpkin fest in Keene. This place is a joke! I would of felt more comfortable parking on the side of the road. DONT LET THE PICTURES FOOL YOU!!! It is unkept the people are RUDE! They drive around all night watching what you do. The restrooms they show on their map? I wouldnt go on the outside of them let alone go in! No cable My site was full of sand so much my camper sank, I had to put my truck in 4x4 to back in. My full service site consisted of a hole in the ground to dump into. The roads are SO NARROW! I hit 2 trees trying to make turns to my site on top of driving through pot holes the size of a volkswagon. They are trying to make improvements but they are way far off. This place needs a complete overhaul. I should of known when they only charged 98.00 for the weekend.And saw all the abandoned boats and cars in the lot. CAMPERS BEWARE. I cannot believe I parked my 75,000.00 camper in such a dump, I spend the greater part of my sunday and 3 nights after cleaning my camper of all the sand inside and out. And there sites are very small and if they are large good luck trying to back into them. My camper didnt fit. I hit 2 trees while trying to get to my site! The turns are so sharp my rear bumper caught one tree and they other tree knocked off my rain gutter from a low lying branch. You literally hit tree roots while driving down their roads- thats how close the trees are in relation to the road! PLACE IS A JOKE. I will stay in a wal-mart parking lot before I go there again. I had site 14 - 25 feet from the road which people did at least 50 mph down. My kids 3 and 5 spent most of their time in the camper and when they didnt go out they got yelled at for playing with the trees!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank automx1

Reviewed 5 July 2010

I saw several reviews of how camping was with rv's and seemed happy with it. I went to Swanzey campground and was very disappointed. Everything was crowded but on a holiday weekend it was expected. My semi-private site as not private in the least. Sadly if u are a tent camper, you will be shunned. The people (tent campers) who have absolutely no amenities( no water, electricity or bathroom) are pushed to the wayside. If i wanted to actually wanted to use the outhouse at any time it would require me to travel literally half way across the campground. The staff was less than nice. Everyone seemed to tell you what you asked but there were no pleasantries involved. It was "ok .. but you are bothering me and get out of my way ". I just felt very unwelcomed and as though i was less than there seasonals and higher paying customers. I am an easy going person, it served my purpose as a place to stay.. i wasn't comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Lindie73

Been to Swanzey Lake Camping Area? Share your experiences!