“Equally as fun for the kids as the adults”

Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitefield
Reviewed 1 May 2011

My advice if you are looking into booking this hotel with your kids...BOOK IT~!
A wonderful hotel...so much to do for the kids...the pool, the game room (free), activities with the kids camp, theater room...all FANTASTIC.
Great for adults too!! One of the few vacations that I (yes, me mom) get to relax. SPA,,great restaurant, great wine...
Enjoy hiking at the nearby Weeks State Park...hike to the top,,,easy about 2 miles round trip (????),,, then some golf, or time in the pool. Late afternoon...kids club..then enjoy dinner on your own!!
Felt very safe letting my kids be downstairs and watch a movie, while us moms were up in lounge having a bite...and I very rarely feel this secure with kids out of site.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
MVGManager, Guest Relations Manager at Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa. We have shared your comments with our entire staff. We are glad you were able to enjoy many of the activities and features of our resort. It was our pleasure to have had you and your family stay with us and we look forward to your next visit to our resort.

Cordially,
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,108)

Reviewed 1 May 2011

TRaveling with two children can be stressful at times...but when we arrived at mt.view grand in whitefield,nh there was plenty for them to do! They have a activity dept run by an energenic women who more than kept my two busy! Kudos Mrs.Baker! My kids enjoyed the marshmellow toss,egg hunt and the oldest of the two especially enjoyed the historic ghost tour .....thanks again for a fun filled stay over our easter vacation! & a again a big THANK YOU to Mrs. Baker...well done!

• Stayed: April 2011
MVGManager, Guest Relations at Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Dear Guest,

We wish to thank you for your nice review of Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa. It is helpful to hear that our daily activities kept your children enthused and entertained. Your kind words have been shared with Mrs. Baker. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2011

Just returned from our stay at Mountain View Grand during April vacation.
Wanted to take the kids away for a few days so made some phone calls
and got 5 other Moms and a total of 10 kids to join us.
The biggest hit was the Kids Club- the kids enjoyed things like the marshmallow
toss, the scavenger hunt and the historic tour mixed in with a bit of ghost lore.
While the kids enjoyed themselves, we made use of the Spa upstairs- facials
and manicures - ah relaxation!!
The kids also loved the pool and the on site Movie theater with free popcorn!!
We got some great pictures of the kids in the barn- visiting with the horses, goats,
sheep and even kissing the Llamas!!!
Dinners were great- loved some of the healthier choices on the kids menu like the salmon
and pasta and of course the regular fare like chix fingers and burgers.
Already making plans to go back this summer to enjoy the outdoor pool, the golf course and the horseback riding!

Room Tip: Ask for grand view- beautiful view of the mountais
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
MVGManager, Guest Relations Manager at Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the gracious review of Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa. We are delighted that you, your family and friends were able to enjoy the resort to its fullest. We look forward to your return visit with us this summer. The resort is hard at work planning even more summer adventures and activities.

Cordially,

Reviewed 24 April 2011

We have been here several times but our first time over Easter. Guess we have another family tradition now! Always things to do no matter what the weather. I love that the hotel provides everything you need from umbrellas to tennis rackets. Our childrens ages are 8, 10,10 and 12. The activities run by Mrs Baker cover activites for all ages. It was nice to have the option for my husband and I to do the activities or have some chatting time in front of the fireplace with a warm hot cocoa! We had the ultimate Easter egg hunt today! It was hilarious to see eggs all over the property. i think there were 800 eggs! Fantastic! Of course the Easter bunny joined us during the EAster hunt. Where can you find a picture with the Easter bunny with the majestic mountain range behind you. The buffet was superb. My husband says it even tops their Thanksgiving buffet. I'm not sure about that but it was yummy that's for sure. I'm wishing I thought to ask for a leftover plate for my dinner at home! There is no other hotel that I would rather be at in NH than the Mountain View Grand! Hope you enjoy your stay as well, there is no reason why you shouldn't !

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
MVGManager, Guest Relations Manager at Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the “egg-cellent” Easter weekend review of Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa. We are thrilled that we were able to provide your family with “the ultimate Easter egg hunt” complete with the Easter bunny adding even more fun to your holiday adventure. Starting a new family tradition filled with magical Mountain View Grand memories makes our efforts and hard work at the hotel worthwhile. We look forward to your return visit to Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 18 April 2011

This hotel is beautiful. The historical charm is delightful and their focus on sustainability is refreshing! Every staff member was attentive and friendly. So much so that when I killed my car battery by leaving a light on they had my car jumped in less than 5 minutes and I was on my way! The room was so clean and comfortable. Food was excellent both in the tavern and for breakfast. The fitness room is expansive and clean and I had a wonderful view of the mountains from my exercise bike. My only regret is I was there for business I have to come back and enjoy the resort as a leisure traveler and then I may never want to leave! Thank you Mountain View for a wonderful stay!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
MVGManager, Guest Relations Manager at Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. We are proud of our sustainability efforts and our historical northern New Hampshire charm. It was our pleasure to assist you in getting your car started quickly to allow you to be on your way home with minimal delay. We continually strive to exceed our guests’ expectations to create a memorable experience. We are delighted that you truly enjoyed your stay at Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 28 March 2011

We recently stayed at the Mountain View Grand Hotel and everything was fantastic. I wanted to specifically say the music in the lobby was the most relaxing and priceless time at the hotel. The music for me took all the stress off as I listened and just relaxed. The musician was also very talented and very nice as well. The rooms were great and the food outstanding, This is by far the most beautiful, friendly,service minded hotel providing an ambiance of luxury. Thanks

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide us with your insightful comments. By providing live instrumental lobby music periodically during the day, it is our goal to add a unique solace to our guests’ often hectic daily lives. It appears from your review, we have succeeded! Indulging our guests with exceptional, friendly service is an every day aspiration for our staff. We are excited to welcome you back to Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2011

My wife and I decided on a last minute day of skiing and an overnight. The Cannon ski area web site led us to one of the most beautiful and historic hotels I have had the pleasure of staying in. Everything was outstanding. The staff, rooms, setting, food, bar and overall atmosphere far exceeded my expectations. You must treat yourself to a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind remarks and for taking the time to review Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa. We are delighted that your online search for a day of skiing at nearby Cannon Mountain brought you to our historic resort. It pleases us to know that we exceeded your expectations during your stay. We look forward to the next time we can welcome you back to Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefield
12 mi away
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
Bear Mountain Lodge
Bear Mountain Lodge
#1 of 8 in Bethlehem

Been to Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!