We just returned from our 2 night stay at the Mountain View Grand. After reading most of the reviews we expected the staff to be unfriendly and unhelpful. This was not the case at all. Everybody was very caring and friendly. We had a room at the first floor with the view to the back of the hotel which was fine and not as bad as described in one of the reviews here. Our rate was also supposed to be a room with two double beds but we called in advance and asked for a king bed which was not a problem. The room itself was not big but nicely furnished, clean and had a big bathroom, a lot of nice towels... nothing to complain about. There were no bathrobes in the closet when we arrived but after asking at the front desk they were delivered five minutes later. Also our dining experience was very positive. We did not wait long and the food was very good, prices reasonable. The hotel offers indeed a lot for children as already mention in one of the last reviews. After we had left we realized that we had forgotten our cell phone in the room and the housekeeping sent it to us via UPS same day delivery - with no additional charge.
We can highly recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa Whitefield, White Mountains, New Hampshire