We went to this beautiful grand hotel for New Year's Eve and the following night!, we loved it so much that we decided to stay a third night! We commend the staff for accommodating my wife's extensive food allergies! We had constant reassurance that she would be ok and able to relax in a new surrounding! The New Years Eve elegant Gala in the Crystal Ballroom was amazing! A 5 course meal and dancing all night to a live band! With fireworks out the window by our table! The head Chef had made a bar completely out of ice with a fish to have your drink poured through! The room was promptly made up every morning! And turn down service was offered at night! We did not bring our children on this trip and found it a wonderful time to just be together even with the resort having so many families visiting! We walked in the snow! Went to the movie theater where concierge brought us popcorn! The classic wood bar and bartenders were great! The waitstaff was attentive, friendly, and professional! We spent our trip home trying to figure out if we would bring our kids the next time we go. And there will be a next time! It seems when you bring kids they are busy with their own plans with the farm, snow activities, and kids club! We even noticed there was a special New Years eve party in a different location on the grounds for kids! think even if you went with your kids you would have ample time for a couple retreat! Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful getaway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa Whitefield, White Mountains, New Hampshire