My wife and I stayed here 3/6/14 to 3/9/14 for a relaxing weekend and we got that and more.
Accommodations – we were in a Grand View room (218) with a southern view of the mountains. The view from the room was spectacular. The room itself was very clean but small. The bed is very high up off the ground and very comfortable. The TV in the room is very old with no ability to connect any other device to it like a PS4 (if you brought kids; we did not) or a portable DVD or iPad. No connectivity to the TV at all. That was OK for us because we were not here to sit in our room and watch TV. The shower had good pressure and lots of hot water. Besides the TV my only negative for the room is the paper thin walls between each room. We could clearly here the couple staying in the room next to us.
The Spa – this is why we picked this hotel. The Spa employees, treatments, changing room and everything else about the Spa were exceptional. My wife had the Lavender Crush, Firm & Tone Detox, Craniosacral Therapy, Sweedish Massage and Pedicure. I had a Deep Tissue Massage, Gentlemen’s Kur and Pedicure. Every treatment we had was done with privacy (excellent draping techniques), top quality products and professionals who knew exactly what to do. We absolutely will come here again for more Spa treatments.
Activities – we did the dog sledding and a snowmobile tour. Both were a lot of fun. The dog sledding is a must for anyone who has never experienced this before.
Dining – we ate in the Tavern for breakfast and one dinner. The food was outstanding. Everything we had was cooked to perfection. We also went to Lancaster to the Moonbeam Café for dinner which was also excellent and we would highly recommend this restaurant. Prices for all were reasonable.
If you are looking for a relaxing Spa weekend, this is a must place to visit. We will go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa Whitefield, White Mountains, New Hampshire