My husband and I booked the romance package for a quick getaway after our wedding. We have a larger one scheduled for the fall and it didn't make sense to go some where warm in the Caribbean when it's the middle of the summer here in New England.
The romance package was great! We received a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries as well as a Sok Tub experience in the spa. Breakfast was included every day up to $15 per person.
The Sok Tub was awesome! Nestled at the top of their tower, the romantic mood is set with a bubbling tub and a 360 degree view of the White Mountains. We can only imagine how pretty it is up there in the winter.
We dined at their Wine Cellar. Keith was a fantastic, knowledgeable sommelier who was overly accommodating and the quaint, quiet, almost private restaurant. It's a bit pricey but the food and the presentation alone is worth it! Highly recommended! I have never had my dinner plated in front of me before. Amazing!
The pool was a perfect day break. Not too crowded but had more of a family atmosphere. I must say I have never seen such well behaved children before. Despite having the atmosphere for family it still felt like a honeymoon with pool side bar service.
The first floor is the only floor with central air conditioning. All rooms had window units which we didn't find cool enough but we were also in an East facing room so the sun sat on our room all day. I recommend requesting a west facing room. The rooms are very modern for such a historic hotel.
We definitely recommend sitting on the porch and enjoying an array of adult versions of old fashioned, freshly squeezed lemonades. A perfect way to transition into the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa Whitefield, White Mountains, New Hampshire