Grandma's Kitchen
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: NO RESERVATIONS~ FIRST COME - FIRST SERVED ~WE CAN SERVE PARTIES OF ANY SIZE.- MAXIMUM AT ONE TABLE IS TEN..IN THE SUMMER OUR PATIO IS ALSO OPEN WITH LARGE PICNIC TABLES *Classic American Diner food ! Good Home cooking** Fresh Seafood **Fresh Roasted Meats*** Fresh homemade pies*** Our Menu has a large variety of . Burgers.. Sandwiches ..Subs... Dinners, Daily Specials & A Kids Menu.. Reasonable Prices .
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Went here recently for breakfast. Food was very good and reasonably priced. Definitely get a sticky bun, delicious. It was a Sunday morning so they were busy and the waitstaff seemed to be a little flustered trying to keep up. Service could have been a little better. Overall a good experience.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I stopped here for lunch a short while ago - the service was friendly and the food was good, the atmosphere is very casual. One caveat however, they do not accept credit cards - cash only, although this was not a problem because the prices are quite reasonable. We have stopped there before and have no reservations about stopping again when we are in the are.

1  Thank snussnus
Reviewed 3 August 2014

we were driving aimlessly, looking for a restaurant to eat at with our 4 kids. we came across grandma's, and based on the number of cars in the parking lot, figured it must be ok. we had a little bit of a wait, since there's not much else in the area, and once we saw a few plates pass by us, we knew it was worth the wait. first on the table was an order of onion rings. OMG. i've never had onion rings so delicate before. then, 4 orders of home made mac and cheese, 1 order of lasagna, and 1 order of spaghetti with red sauce. blown away again by the homemade deliciousness of all our food. we were switching plates so everyone could share. ordered another side of onion rings for dessert. worth the drive. worth the wait. even in the rain, eating outside on the patio was outstanding. bring a sweater just in case. not many restaurants like this out there. thank you, chefs and staff at grandma's!

1  Thank gerberdaisy28
lstreeter, Owner at Grandma's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write such a good review ! I'm glad you enjoyed everything. Please do stop in again

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The owners had my first review taken down...for no reason other than it said their food was junk. My waitress was rude and the food was horrible. The waitress wasn't nice to my 3 little girls who were doing nothing wrong. This place is the local greasy spoon. Perhaps the breakfast is good, it seems that all the reviews are based on that. I had dinner...don't subject your taste buds to the horror.

5  Thank Gets_around_1
lstreeter, Owner at Grandma's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

I'm very sorry you had a bad experience at our establishment. After serving at least 350 people per day during the 4'th of July week. I recall one instance where our customers were unhappy. They had 3 girls that came into our restaurant barefooted, the father called me out of the kitchen to complain about slow service. It probably wasn't as quick as usual because we were extremely busy. I explained my concern about his children in bare feet. As he insisted they were not, one of his daughters around the age of 12 came in from the patio with bare feet. Not only is this a health code issue it also is dangerous. The quality of the food is very unusual, if it was unsatisfactory you should have sent it back so we could take care of it right then & there.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Only us and in restaurant on Friday morning??? Surprised after reading reviews ...our server was very efficient and friendly.They have $1 up charge for home made bread. Don't do it, not worth it! Food was simple, but we would definitely next time go back to Waterwheel...

1  Thank Czeee
lstreeter, Manager at Grandma's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Grandma's Kitchen is always trying to improve and one of the ways is to listen to our customers.
The week end after the fourth is always a bit slower, A lot of our locals go south for Nascar weekend, and most of the travelers were here the week before. Though this year, our number of customer visits was above average for that day. I am the chef, and one of the three people who make the home made breads. We would like to know what time you were in, how many were in your party, what you had for a meal and which one of our homemade breads you tried. That will help us to identify if there was a problem and we can work to improve it. I will let Lori and Jen know that you were pleased with the service. Thank you.