“AWESOME PLACE TO STAY”
Review of The Lord Hampshire

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winnisquam
The Lord Hampshire
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Winnisquam
Somersworth, New Hampshire
“AWESOME PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband went on the internet and happened to choose this place to stay. When we arrived, the management was very attentive. Our rooom was BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN. We got settled in and went down to the deck...again very clean, and extremely relaxing. Checkout was at 10:30 the next morning and the same NICE gentleman was there to check us out and we booked a CABIN FOR 2 NIGHTS IN AUGUST. I WILL RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL/COTTAGE TO ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO STAY AT A NICE RELAXING AND ENJOYABLE PLACE. We cant wait for August weekend. Thanks again for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
mass
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The Lord Hampshire is a great place to stay. I only stayed one night but I would liked to have stayed longer. This hotel is right on the lake. The room I had was on the second floor overlooking the lake. There is a screened in porch attached to the room with a table and chairs, beautiful scenery. The room as spacious and clean, fridge and microwave, nice bathroom with hair dryer, small pub table and chairs and antique looking desk. Overall this place is priced very reasonable and is very comfortable and clean, the beds were comfortable. The area has many things to do on the lake. Weirs beach is about a half hour drive.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Millersville, Maryland
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My family visited Lord hampshire from 07/01 threw 07/08 for both holiday and family reunion nearby. We are from Annapolis Maryalnd. The visit with family was not one of the best however my son who is 16 on the day we left stated "Mom you know the best time we had in New Hampshire was right here at this place" meaning Lord Hampshire. The people where friendly and no I am not a home owner. Rose and Ben the property Managers on hand were wonderful and very accomadating. we rented to cottages. Threwout this vist we had fireworks to view every night from every point of the lake. from our cottage. it was wonderful. Also we visit ocean city Maryland every year and will do so this year however the beauty of Lake Winnisquam and New hampshire and the friendly family atomsphere we received from Lord Hampshire and we will visit again if you are looking for a 5 star place this is not it but if you are looking for a warm welcoming clean rooms and friendly staff, cottages with a wonderful view this is it alot better then any hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I have stayed at the Lord Hampshire many times and will continue to do so. The Staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are very comfortable and well maintained. The hotel and cottages are on a lovely spot on Lake Winnisquam, with Loons and other wildlife in abundance.

All in all my friends, my family and myself have all had great experiences at the Lord Hampshire and we are looking forward to many more. See you there.........:0)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 October 2010

There are two sets of rules at the LH; one for owners, and one for the suckers who stay there when owners are away. Strict rules for "renters" no pets/smoking (which I was happy about), but many owners had dogs, plus we had to close our sliding door because of smoke wafting in. We were just looking for a couple of nights away (no vacation again this year).
Found the Lord Hampshire online and it seemed pretty good. The motel room was nice, but the other amenities were GREATLY exaggerated. What was there was already confiscated by the "owners". Even the dock was "reserved' by an owner. No real place to enjoy the lake but your little tiny screened in deck. The second night was horrible. About 6 young kids (5-12) were literally bouncing up against the walls of our room and screaming for over an hour. Hubby knocked on door and asked politely if they could keep it down. No adults at all. Kids start screaming out of the screened door "What's your problem?" Manager was not on property, so went to one of the (privately owned) cottages to ask who was in charge. Well, I found the parents.. all squeezed into the cottage having a helluva party! Manager finally called back (still off site) and after explaining, offered to refund that night. Avoided us at checkout, and has ignored calls and emails. Trust me, it's not the "nice little place" they advertise. We got screwed.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lance399

Travellers are raving about these Winnisquam hotels

New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Stayed here last year on a visit to Tilton outlets. Hotel room ok, pretty view of the lake. Tried to make reservations this year (three weeks in advance ) and they refused to honor the prices on their own web site. Told me those rates were "old rates" even though they are posted as "2009 rates". I made the reservations to hold the room & told them I would double check w/ the other person I was going with to see if the price increase was ok and that I would call right back. I called back w/in 30 minutes to say that we would NOT take the room, I was told that they had ALREADY charged my room, and IF they could, they would cancel the reservation BUT I would be charged a $25.00 cancellation fee!! FOR a reservation they had had all of 1/2 an hour!
There is NO disclosure of the immediate room charge, NOR the cancellation fee on the web site. When I expressed my displeasure over their practices, stating that I would NEVER use them again and would certainly NOT reccommend them, He told me, that was fine and hung up!
It is a wonder they have anyone use the hotel with such bad manners, poor customer service and sneaky practices.
Try the Holiday Inn Express in Tilton!
posted 10/19/09 by TT

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank btt1
NH
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We stayed on the second floor of the motel. I can't speak for the cottages, which are all individually owned and may be nicer or less nice. I think some of the motel units are also individually owned.

The motel rooms appear to have been recently updated. The carpeting seemed new and fixtures in the bathroom were of above average quality. The bathroom was nicely tiled. Our room included a small fridge, kitchen sink, and two burner stove, which were dated but adequate. There was a very nice porch at the back of the unit overlooking the lake. The view was partially obscured by trees. The porch was nicely done with at least 4 chairs and was fully screened in. The railings/balusters were very secure, and I had no problems letting a 3 year old go out there and sit unsupervised. TV was fine. Ice machine on the 1st floor always packed with fresh ice. Optional linen changes. There was a nice large deck down by the water, and it was not hard to find a table even on 4th of July weekend. There is an area for grilling (limited use of the motel's grills). There is a small area for swimming, which seemed clean and weed free. There is about a 1-2 foot ledge at the water's edge, not a gradual sloping sandy beach. The kids seemed to have fun, though. Didn't check out the game room, but it seemed like a fun place for the kids.

My only complaint: LOTS of road noise. But this is hard to avoid in the Lakes region since it seems that all of the lakefront cottages are just off of the road.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winnisquam
Econolodge Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Laconia
Steele Hill Resorts
Steele Hill Resorts
#1 of 1 in Sanbornton

Been to The Lord Hampshire? Share your experiences!