“September 2013”

Wolfetrap
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: View, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Salt Lake City, Utah
“September 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

A friend told us the Wolfettrap had the best lobster rolls in New England. We drove from Maine thru New Hampshire to confirm her recommendation. She was right! The restaurant, the waitress, and the food was GREAT.

Visited September 2013

Napa, California
“Fantastic and extremely accommodating!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had dinner at the Wolfetrap the evening of Friday the 13th (yikes) in September. The Owners of the Lake Motel (also terrific) recommended this restaurant to us. It had been raining that afternoon and it was still wet outside but the restaurant was crowded and it would be a while until we were able to get a table. We were just going to sit outside and have a drink while we waited but then asked if we could eat outside as the sun was starting to come out and they were fine with it and put someone on drying a table and chairs off for us. We had the best piece of swordfish and salmon that you could ever expect and the server was very friendly. She agreed that we had gotten the best seat in the house. I'm sorry that I don't remember her name. She had just come back from having a baby and said that the owner was a friend and was just helping out for the night. Really a great experience from beginning to end.

• Visited September 2013
Palm Beach Gardens
“Great summertime food and fun spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Food is great - paper sheet tablecloth with crayons to play while you wait. Nice selection of beers on tap. Fresh seafood from the lake and the ocean. Interesting desserts, too.

Visited July 2013
Belmont, New Hampshire
“Food Very Good, Service so-so”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

My wife and I stopped in at the Wolfetrap on a recent visit to Wolfeboro. We couldn't get an outside table, but it was the day before Labor Day weekend and we hadn't called ahead. This is very casual dining; it feels a little like a beach bar. Although the outside tables were full, there were still plenty of empty inside tables. We were seated quickly and our order taken quickly but that is where the quickness ended.

As i had plenty of time to sit around and watch, this place seems to do a fair amount of take-out business. I saw many people come in and pick up to-go orders,

While we sat there more people came in for sit-down meals, but then I noticed that people that came in after us were already eating their meals, I got a bit impatient. Our server went out to the kitchen to check on our order and reported back to us that our meals would be out soon. We still waited long enough for them to cook up our meals, so I think our order was never submitted.

When our food finally arrived, it was very good and plentiful. The portions were huge. I really could have taken some of it home for a second meal but I managed to stuff myself instead. I originally thought the prices where a little high for the type of place it was, but the portions convinced that the prices were about right.

A good place to eat is you have plenty of time and can put up with so-so service.

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best bouillabaisse in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We went to Wolfetrap this Sunday, the labor day weekend and were absolutely delighted to have dinner at this lovely, casual restaurant . We were a group of 5 people, including my 12 year old picky daughter and we were all happy with what we had. My daughter had a Cesar salad with shrimp with a slightly spicy dressing and she loved it, then she had fish and chips from the kids' menu. She finished every single bite of it. I had the best bouillabaisse, even better than many authentic French restaurants. The sauce was very tasty and the seafood in it was very rich. Our friends had fish and chips and found it very tasty too. Aside from the meal, the view was great too. it was by the marina and the water. We will defintely go back and we are happy to recommend the restaurant to visitors. For us, so far, it was the #1 restaurant in Wolfeboro.

• Visited September 2013