“Good experience, not good food”

Jo Green's Garden Cafe
Ranked #24 of 42 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have eaten here at least once in each of my trips to the area in the past five years. I come back for the view and cold brew - not for the food. The food in the dining room is OK, but there is nothing that I've seen that could be called special. Maybe management should read these reviews and decide to prepare one thing well - pick something (anything!) - and this would greatly improve the experience.
Beer selections are not vast, but the beers that they have chosen are pretty good ones.
Wait staff is woefully untrained, but try hard.
I think that if I owned/ran this place, it would make a ton more money.

There are newer reviews for Jo Green's Garden Cafe

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Our family had a nice lunch on the upper deck overlooking the lake. The food was good bar type food...nothing special. Our waiter was great! We had two tables since there were 10 of us and our waiter was very attentive to all.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Great selection of Bar type foods with a great view
The dockside is more about the location than the food. If you’re looking for your typical American bar food items and want to sit on the deck and look at the water this is a great spot. Older restaurant, reasonably priced.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I can't even believe this place is getting the 4 - 5 stars I'm seeing on other reviews!

I went here with my husband and our 5 year old son. We were seated right away but waited AT LEAST 20 minutes for a waitress! Finally I asked someone and our waitress was at the table next to us, where she proceeded to turn around and glare while saying "Sorry. I'll be there when I can." in a most unapologetic irritated voice. Um, ok.

Next the food. I got the baked stuffed white fish, I think haddock, but it was SO over cooked and horrible that I didn't even eat it. I ended up sharing my husband's fisherman's platter which was your average fried seafood piled on a plate. It was fine.

The place does have a wonderful salad bar and the views on the deck were awesome... but not worth it for the $100 bucks we spent on bad food and lousy service.

1  Thank KatieNH
Reviewed 23 June 2013

great little bar, spent many nights here after working at a local summer camp. Pool table, jukebox, pinball and some arcade games make it a great place to blow off some steam. Food is nice, wing night especially good. Great selection of beers with friendly staff.