“Good food and great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Restaurant - CLOSED

The Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boston, MA
“Good food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

My wife and I had a great dinner on a Saturday evening. We waited around 35 minutes to be seated, about what we were told and consistent with other good places at 7:15 pm on a Sat in Wolfeboro. Service was great - drinks came quickly as did appetizers. Main course was served pretty soon after we finished our aps. Food was excellent. My wife had the rib eye, which was cooked exactly as requested. I had the crab cakes. which were also very good. While we did not have desert (we were too full from dinner), their s'mores option was very creative and appreciated by the families with kids seated nearby.

• Visited August 2013

Plymouth, New Hampshire
“Too slow for my blood that night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

This review would be much worse if the food wasn't so darn good. We ordered right away as we needed to be back before dark. After 45 minutes our food had not arrived so we asked for it to be packed in a "to go" box. We ate on the ride home and enjoyed very good food with a plastic fork.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
“Our new favorite restaurant in town... wow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We summer on the Lake and my husband and I go out to dinner without the kids almost every Sunday while Grammy babysits, so we've been to every restaurant in town - except for The Restaurant - and it's now our absolute favorite.

Tizzy waited on us and she was beyond excellent - we were well taken care of - as was the service from the rest of the staff. The chowder was delicious (not too thick, not too thin) and was so full of FRESH clams that I couldn't even finish it or I wouldn't have been able to eat my dinner.

I ordered the prime rib special and it was unequivocally the best prime rib I have ever had. Each bite was more delicious than the last - juicy, cooked to the perfect temperature, infused with just the right amount of seasoning. The baked potato was outstanding with the 'loaded' part of it mixed together in a way that allowed you to have as much or as little as you wanted - with none of the elements overshadowing another. The broccoli, green beans, summer squash and zucchini were fresh (the restaurant doesn't even have a freezer) and so good.

My husband had the large lobster roll with seaweed salad on the side (instead of the handcut fries, which looked incredibly good) and he said both were excellent, and that the seaweed salad was the best he'd had.

We were also very pleasantly surprised to find the Sam Adams Grumpy Monk Belgian IPA on tap, which was outstanding (and we're not huge fans of Sam Adams beers).

Unfortunately we were too full to try dessert but will be back with our kids (they have a great kids' menu) for dinner finished with make your own s'mores for dessert (how perfect is that?).

Our dinners came out in a timely way, so since it was still early when we were done with our meals, we moved to the bar for another IPA and enjoyed watching the kitchen staff as they cooked and the wait staff as they bantered back and forth and sang a long to the 70s-80s music. :-)

boston
“Imagination that works”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

The Restaurant offers a varied and imaginative menu, although I must admit I could not bring myself to order an 'Elvis Burger' -- a hamburger with peanut butter and bacon. The salad choices were excellent, superb New England clam chowder, and a good range of drinks both alcoholic & non. Very attentive service. The weather gave us a chance to enjoy eating outdoors in quiet and attractive surroundings.

Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
“A disappointing night this summer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Our third time to The Restaurant was a disaster. We had been there twice before with excellent service and meals. Before the summer season. The night we went with friends which we bragged about the food turned into a night mare. The waiter staff were great and tried to relax us but after ordering cocktails and dinner the wait was sooooo long. I had fried clams which were so over cooked they were hard and the steak tips were well over cooked. They have nice desserts but we just wanted out. We sure will not go back this summer but probably give it another try in the fall.

• 1 of 5 bubbles