“Typical pub type atmosphere with more formal dining to the rear”

Bayside Grill and Tavern
Ranked #28 of 42 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Food was good. The fried haddock plate was above good with an ample serving of haddock and onion rings. Too many French fries. Mac & cheese bland.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

A decent menu, and for the most part the food was good (plates at other tables looked appetizing as well). The service was a bit slow. We watched one man wander around trying to find his waitress to pay the bill. The reason I'm writing the review is because of one of my biggest pet peeves--the appetizer was served with the meal because it was not timed right. There was MORE than enough time to get the appetizer out before the meal. I missed the opportunity to say "you can leave the appetizer, but I'm not paying." Instead I just stared in disbelief that they would do that, and not give it to me for free. I tried to enjoy the rest of the meal, left an adequate tip, and decided I'd just leave this review and not go back until this place changes hands AGAIN. It will happen soon enough. In the meantime, I will not be going back.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We ate here after hearing about it from someone in the town. We were disappointed to learn upon our arrival that the part of the restaurant which has the view of the lake was closed. The restaurant is nice, but we would have enjoyed the view of the lake. The food was pretty good. We had burgers, fries, mac and cheese, soup and salad. The service was okay. No one ever came by to fill the water glasses which means no one was really checking on the table. I'd give it 3.5 stars vs. the 4, but 1/2 stars are not an option. Would we return? I'd try some place else first. But all and all, not a terrible experience.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Bayside was close to where we are staying and being the "off season" we figured the service should be better than reported.
We were promptly seated and a drink order taken. I figure about 10% of the seats were filled. The menu was run of the mill with the same options as everywhere else. Nothing special. We ordered a selection and the food did come out in a reasonable time.
The problem I had was that when I needed a second drink, the waitress was leaning against the wall (day dreaming I guess) and I had to wave and wave to get her attention.
No refill on water and when we were finished the waitress was nowhere to be found. I went behind the bar and asked the lady cleaning up if we could pay out. In a few minutes the waitress came out of the kitchen area to bring the bill.
The place was dead and I can see why. I rate this place a what I call "WSL". That is their food "Will Sustain Life".

Reviewed 27 August 2013

actually, have not eaten here since it was LOVE"S Quay (key)
i can only vouch for the charming location on the back bay
with outside dining.
at that time it was a formal dining experience. food was tops and the bar was bustling 24/7