“40+ years, must be doing something right”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Cider Press Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 39 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Price range: US$18 - US$34
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 35 YEARS SERVING Wolfeboro and surrounding community. Nothing makes us happier than providing fresh salads, seafood, hand cut steaks and chops with a smile. Our doors have been open for 35 years. This year,same a the last two we are seasonal operation serving dinner May 1st through October 31st. We cater to a variety of tastes and budgets on and off premise. Look forward to seeing you.
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, United States
“40+ years, must be doing something right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The first time We ate at the Cider Press was over 40 years ago. I remember the food and the atmosphere as being quite welcoming. Last Sunday night was much the same.(Power outage Saturday night). I hate rating restaurants because mostly people who have a bad experience for one reason or another will always give the restaurant horrible reviews. I always say, try any restaurant at least twice, you never know what might have been going on if you had a bad experience. And bad mouthing a restaurant after one meal is ridiculous. That being said The Cider press is an interesting and eclectic place to visit. The menu is somewhat limited, but my party of four all enjoyed different dishes that we all thought were excellent. Service was excellent, impossible to drain your water glass, and the prices were very Wolfeboroish. You can't go by other peoples ratings, try it and see for yourself, I promise you'll be glad.

• Visited October 2013

New Hampshire
“Very Disapointed This Visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Cider Press has been a favorite for us, a "go to" place where we always count on good food, good service, always. Last week we joined several friends for dinner on a week night and were very disapointed. Our server seemed annoyed, perhaps tired, but in any case she was not friendly nor did she seem to be pleased to be working. Most of us ordered from the evening specials and we shared the lobster stuffed baked haddock. Several others ordered the same dish. We all found it very very dry, the fish was brown around the edges and the flavor was boring and uninteresting. We understand it is nearing the end of the "season", but if a restaurant is going to remain open for the locals as well as for tourists, the food should be the same quality all the time. Some of our dining friends mentioned this is not the first time they've had poor quality food there, but this was our first and only bad experience. We are hoping management will read this and take note.....the server should easily have seen the fish was not up to their standards and perhaps made an offer to replace the meals? If she is the owner though, it might have had an influence on that. At any rate, we will consider carefully before dining there again any time soon; a bit expensive to have left so much food on our plate.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Auntie1949
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Great food, great service, a homey atmosphere... Really enjoyed! I like that you get a fresh baked loaf of bread, fresh garden salad, great homemade white balsamic vinegar être ! Cheese nd crackers to start your dinner. They only had one Chardonnay ... Wine selection not so good. I will return before they close for the season.

• Visited September 2013
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
“Old Faithful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

The Cider Press has been our favorite Wolfeboro restaurant for many years. I think most of the diners are locals. The menu seldom changes but there are black board specials. June's favorite is Tempura Shrimp and my favorite is a toss up between the sea food pie and steak bearnaise a great rump steak, which you can not find in many restaurants. We find the staff to be very pleasant and treats you as family.Their desserts are homemade and I die for the crepe sundae. Our only complaint is that the Cider Press is only open from May to October. I would recommend a reservation as I have seen those without reservations turned away.

• Visited July 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
“Worse Meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband and I just returned home from dinner at the Cider Press. It was my husband birthday so we thought we would go out a bit fancier then usual. This was the worse service and it was very expensive for what we got. The waitress was the owner which was really weird to us. We have never seen this before. She was very abrupt, not friendly and not helpful. They will not do anything different then what the menu says. They had bake stuff haddock with cream sauce. I asked if I could just have baked haddock and she said no they were premade. I asked what the vegetable of the day was and she said corn on the cob and they had nothing else. Why would a restaurant have a starch for vegetable. I finally got a salad with grill chicken on it. Sit down the price for this salad was $17.95 I almost fainted. My husband had a ribeye 12 ounce and paid 21.95 which was fine. Then we got the bill and she charged us for two cups of hot water. She said because I had one very small slice of lemon and my husband asked for a little cream. We always bring our own teabags because I have to have a special tea with my meals. This was the most unfriendly, unhelpful, no personality restaurant we have every been to in all our travels both in the US and Europe. WE WILL NEVER RETURN.

• Visited June 2013