“Can not figure this place out”

West Lake Asian Cuisine
Ranked #19 of 43 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The food is OK. The atmosphere is OK. The service is Ok. The owners are OK. OK. Their fried rice and egg rolls are good. And the food on average is fair. They are stingy with the seafood. The amount of shrimp is always pitiful. I had just had painful dental work so I wanted soft soup like chicken rice. Not on the menu so we asked if they could make some. No we don't do that here. How hard could it be, broth, rice, chicken and green onions? Right! Very simple, but they just would not make it. I ended getting soup and adding rice. we asked for extra green onions but when we got home there were only 2 meager green rounds floating on top of soup for 2. The owners act as if they are running a 5 star restaurant. Heck, I took a friend for lunch at Le Cirque in Manhattan which was a 5 star place and they did a special dish for my friend. Any way there are much better places then West lake.

1  Thank InformedCorp

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I love Chinese. I cannot find (in Boston, NY, etc.) Chinese better than West Lake! I could eat there every night. I love the seafood hot and sour soup. And the Chicken Amazing is ... well... amazing! So is the sizzling chicken and the West Lake Fried Rice. Get a Scorpion Bowl for two and have a delicious ball!

Reviewed 14 November 2012

love the crab rangoon and really all the meals I have ever tried!
the staff are friendly and always make you feel welcome when you come and go....

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I am not a lover of Chinese Food, but this Asian/Chinese Restaurant is LITERALLY THE ONLY ONE I will dine in and have tried others. The food is sooo good, service superior, lovely decor, ambiance pleasing, soothing, quiet, clean. Friendly,gentle welcoming host and servers. Can't say enough about it. No greasy heavy sauces. My favorite is a unique "House Special" with shrimp, fruit and a mayonnaise based dressing ! Delicious ! The presentation is also visually and artistically appealing. Nothing like it any where else. Our family has been here many times over the years when we once had relatives living in Wolfeboro area. Now, my husband and I make a special trip every year to dine at the West Lake Asian while touring NH.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Stopped in here basically because the picture for their ad looked good. Was not dissapointed! The food here excels in quality and quantity while being very reasonably priced, we had to take some home. I strongly recommend you try this place out.