“Excellent lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wolfe's Tavern

Wolfe's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfe's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Massachusetts
“Excellent lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stopped in for lunch on a Sunday that might have been a 'leaf peeping' trip if not for the gloomy weather - hence the place was not very busy (until a tour bus pulled in).
Sandwiches were very good, but the french fries were excellent! Servings were huge, no room for dessert. My wife said the pickles (they make them there) were very good too - not vinegar-y or briney.
Service was a little slow to start, waitress may not have known that the hostess seated us, because it was fine after she took our order.

• Visited October 2013
Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I'm sorry your leaf peeping trip was washed out. However, I'm happy to hear that we were able to satisfy your luncheon needs. You mentioned in your review our homemade pickles, we actually make a great deal of our items right here at the Tavern. Our talented culinary team takes great pride in creating some absolutely delicious and fresh offerings for our guests. We hope to serve you again soon. Thank you for your comments.

Miami, Florida
“Cheers tavern atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This restaurant, which is an old tavern is connected to the Wolfeboro Inn, easy to miss if you don't look carefully. They are known for their burgers, and they really do not disappoint. A must try are the asparagus fries. Our waiter Ed was wonderful and gave us tips on where to visit in the Lakes Region and scenic drives for fall foliage. Overall, food and service were very good and we would return.

Visited October 2013
It is always nice to see our employees get pointed out in a positive manner. Especially those who are new to our staff. Ed has been doing a great job for us in his short time here. I'm glad that his customers are noticing his efforts. Thank you for your comments.
“Best burger in Wolfeboro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Lovely place stopped in for a some food after a boat ride on Lake Winnipesaukee. The food was awesome. I hope to make it back before I leave town.

• Visited September 2013
Thank you for spreading the word on our burgers. Our chef's do a fantastic job with everything they do. I will be sharing your comments with our Chef. Thanks again.
Stark, New Hampshire
“Anniversary supper”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We chose the Tavern at the Inn in Wolfeboro b/c it is upscale and this was a special night.
I noticed a review where someone complained about being seated where they had to look at a door. I laughed when we were seated where we CHOSE to be seated and it was by the doors. It is just a little divider that you CAN see around, but it separates the bar from the dining are, although they do serve food at the bar. My husband is a fussy eater but raved about his meal. I chose 2 appetizers for my meal and ended up taking some home because they are large. The fresh asparagus in a light non greasy tempura-ish batter came with a chipotle aioli dipping sauce. ( Took the rest of this home. Too much to finish). My other appetizer was PEI( Prince Edward Island, for those who don't recognize the PEI) mussels. The bowl was huge. All fresh bits of tomato, mushrooms, pancetta, and spinach in a broth that was worth drinking, and the sweet mussels all dressed with a wonderful lemon aioli sauce drizzled over their shells and the whole dish. The bread basket had homemade multigrain bread that was warm and crunch, served with a dipping tray of excellent olive oil, butter, or a pepper aioli. Kayla was our waitress and was very cheery and friendly and sweet. The service was excellent and we were attended to before we could even ask for anything. Kayla even found me the lobster bib I requested because getting into a bowl of mussels always provides at least one splash you tried to avoid. On yes, the coffee was great too. The manager talked to me when we were leaving to hear my opinions--all praise, especially for Kayla---AND the cost was very reasonable. The Tavern is part of The Inn in Wolfeboro. Looks like a lively and fun tavern/bar. We will definitely be returning and highly recommend it.
PS We visited a bit off season so things were quieter but I noticed a couple of reviews complaining about waits. If you visit America's oldest resort town ON season you should NOT feel like visiting royalty. EXPECT to wait. They bend over backwards to give you their best. Appreciate them.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mena M
Thank you so much for all your kind words. I'm glad we could make your anniversary special evening. I will be sharing your review with our staff, particularly Kayla who is also new to our team. Again it is always very nice to hear these types of reviews, we look forward to serving you again.
Woodstock, Connecticut
“So many places are SO much better!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

The food here may be good but you have to get waited on first and get a menu to be able to judge the food. We recently moved to this area, this was our third visit and our last. We sat at the bar each time, on a Saturday afternoon. The service is horrible. If you are not a regular, you are invisible. When you have to ask three times for a menu, something is not right. Wish I could have tried the food, but it was hard enough just to get a glass of wine. Regulars seem to fare better. Many other places In town are worth a visit and make you feel welcome.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank PenG-K
Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here with us. I have sent you an email so that we can address the appropriate areas of concern. I can assure you that your experience, though repeated, is not the typical one here. I hope you will give us another chance to show you the service and quality that we are capable of. I look forward to your input further on this matter via email. Thank you for letting us know your concerns.