“Good service, good food, reasonable price: I'm IN!”
Review of Wolfe's Tavern

Wolfe's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfe's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We dropped in for lunch at Wolfe's Tavern (attached to the Wolfeboro Inn) and were pleasantly surprised at the reasonably priced and down-to-earth menu (lunch: sandwiches, soup, burgers).

Service: pleasant server, attentive, and helpful. Delivery of food once ordered was a tad slow, but not unreasonable.

Food: I ordered a med-rare burger with burn-my-tongue-hot fries: the initial burger was delivered much more on the med-well side and the fries were borderline. I flagged the server and showed her the burger (did not mention the fries). She apologized, took it back and the new burger was PERFECT and delivered with fresh, steaming hot fries. I was happy! My husband ordered the baked fish sandwich: the fish was small and totally overwhelmed by the huge bun. It was tasty, but just not balanced. I gave him half my HUGE burger and he was happy too.

Ambiance: The tavern is a bit on the dark side, though well lit. Very "internal" with no lake views. Given the off season, the place was pretty empty and we had no problem getting a booth by the window. The decorations strived to give the tavern feel: lots of wood, cool fireplaces (gas, but still pretty authentic looking), big bar, multiple rooms, wood posts, etc, Some of the décor felt a tad "contrived." Example: the many generic ?pewter? mugs hanging from the ceiling were a bit jarring in the sameness. I think they are part of some beer challenge, but the fact they are all so much alike was distracting rather than interesting. Overall a good vibe.

All in all, though not perfect, it was a nice lunch and it's hard to find a place that does really good med-rare burgers these days! Give it a try!

Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for visiting and thanks for your review. Our apologies for not making your order correct the first time. It is great to hear you gave us another chance to make your perfect burger.
You mentioned the ambiance being a little on the dark side. I invite you to come back beginning in June when our Deck is open for service. It is quite an experience; sun shining, lake view, great food & service. Tuesday nights we have Ron Drolet play for our Tiki Night - Jimmy Buffet style music. It really is so much fun!
Thank you again for your kind words. I will pass them along to our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped on a whim for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. The lunch menu had a good variety of choices. We both got sandwiches with fries and couldn't finish it all. Large potions with a reasonable price, lovely atmosphere/decor. We will visit again if we are in the area.

Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We're glad you stopped by. It is always nice to hear that we made your visit worthwhile, especially when have been able to make you want to return. Thank you for review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Has the upscale food and beer selection you expect, along with the rustic feel that you go to NH for. My wife and I spent a cozy weekend in the Wolfeboro Inn, and this bar was so good, we ended up eating three of our meals here (partially because I wanted to try half the menu). Food wasn't haute cuisine or perfectly executed but it was about as good as any bar can be. Beer selection and taps were plentiful and well chosen.

Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for your review. Our beer selection is something that is always changing. Did you happen to notice the pewter mugs hanging from the ceiling? In order to acquire a mug you must complete our beer challenge which is one reason why we offer such a variety. There are only 100 beers you have to drink, responsibly of course. We have over 2300 mugs and still growing. Are you up for the challenge Billy?
Again, thank you for your time and feedback.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the inn twice, and it is a bit pricey compared to other inns around, but it's worth it. The bar/dining area is fantastic. The set up is intimate, and the food is progressive. Really innovative and beautifully plated. I've tried a variety of apps and entrees and they've all been cooked exceptionally well. The drinks could use some work, I feel the bar would benefit from an experienced bartender. But other than that, I have no complaints. I've frequented different restaurants, and this is one of the best ones. You won't regret it.

Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you so much for the comments. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to the staff. Our chef's continually impress with all of their dishes, and everything on the plate is created in house, nothing is out of a box. The bar is our next focus, we're starting to get into some infused cocktails and we've got some great things in store for the summer. Let us know what you'd like to see and we can create it for you. Thank you again for the comments.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We loved the menus. There are four: Breakfast, Lunch, Supper, and Room Service with ability to order items that are not in this menu. We were stunned at the creativity of the menu and daily specials - the longest part was deciding what to order - everything looked fabulous, well presented, creative. Daily Specials offerings are plentiful. Wait Staff became family - I have a new friend in Heather, can't wait to go back and eat this wonderful food. Would be hard for us to leave the Inn with this menu!!!

Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you so much for all the compliments. I will be sure to share them with the staff. I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience here, we hope to see you again soon.