“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wolfeboro
Crescent Lake Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Wolfeboro
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I would recommend this place to anyone that wanted to stay in Wolfeboro. We stayed in the new section of the Motel. It was very clean and comfortable. The Motel is located on Lake Winnipesaukeewhere you can enjoy boating and fishing. The staff was very nice and I would recommend this motel to anyone that stays in the area. This is the first time that we have been in Wolfeboro and it won't be the last time and we will definately stay here when we visit. Our stay was on July 11th, 2013.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Don H
There are newer reviews for Crescent Lake Inn & Suites

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I have been staying at The Lake Motel since I was 5 years old. My son is now 15 (where did that time go?), and it is his favorite vacation resort. This time, we stayed in the new units. The original motel is updated: freshly painted, refurnished but there are new units that are more suited to a slightly longer stay. Each one has a view of the lake. Each has a kitchenette with a refrigerator, a stove, a microwave and 2 queen beds. This remains a family-owned and run motel. It has an unforgettable view of crescent lake which is quieter than the big lake but still within walking distance. I am always reluctant to tell people about this gem because I would like to keep it for myself but everyone should have the chance to enjoy this little piece of heaven. It is a quiet, beautiful spot ideal for family vacations or a quiet getaway.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

What a wonderful, clean, inviting atmosphere, helpful hosts and charming place to stay while in Wolfeboro for two nights. This little motel, which has a new updated building, is situated near town,( within walking distance ) on the edge of a beautiful, crystal clear lake, and was one of the best places we stayed on our road trip from Fl. It is pet friendly, and the lake is perfect for swimming for both pets and people! I really enjoyed my swim from the little beach out to the raft. There is a great restaurant at the entrance of the driveway to the motel, that offers wonderful food....( great blueberry pancakes and cheeseburgers ) and all very affordable. We would go back for sure.

Room Tip: we stayed in the newer unit, on the first floor, but any of the rooms would have been great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This was our 4th or 5th visit to the Lake Motel and the best one yet! We arrived in the rain but everything looked beautiful. It had been 2 years since we had been there and all the rooms were done over with new mattresses, carpets, paint etc. We had a lake front room in the main building. Wonderful view of the lake, gazebo and dock. A new two story building had been built since our last visit and since the motel was not full due to the predicted rain all weekend the owner, Dave, asked us if we would like to move into that building. We were with another couple so we moved to two adjoining rooms each with a kitchenette and fridge! Awesome!!! A very large bathroom all handicapped accessible. We couldn't have been more comfortable. The only thing I would suggest would be more counter space in the bathroom which certainly has room for it. Over all our visit was wonderful. The owners are more than helpful and will get you anything you may need. We love the location right down the road from all the quaint shops and restaurants. We can't wait to return!! Thanks Dave!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed here for several early-June nights. The owners are indeed friendly and helpful; our room, clean and comfortable; and the scenery from just outside the room, quite nice. The docks and beach are on the property and entail an easy five-minute walk. For that matter, how many other motels offer lake activities? All in all, a most enjoyable stay. The Kranicks

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kenneth309
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Praise for the Lake Motel of Wolfeboro, N.H. Located on a picturesque waterfront and within walking distance to shops and restaurants it has offered us many memorable vacations.
We enjoyed the newly renovated room, the relaxing atmosphere, and the friendly proprietors. Looking forward to our next stay. The Cusano's

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raymond c
Reviewed 29 May 2013

If this place was advertised as a camp - it would be great! But here are some things I would expect in the room of even the most basic hotel/motel:

Windows that can be used to look outside (even when wet)
Heat
Sealed walls
Enough wattage to put on the heat and a hairdryer/curling iron/straightener at the same time
Refrigerator
Iron/Ironing board
(hair) Conditioner
Hairdryer
A properly installed tub

All of the above was lacking at the Lake Motel. We were in town for a wedding, and were "upgraded" to a lake view room. The lake was BEAUTIFUL and if you could overlook the mudslick/hill to it - our room had a great view. Unfortunately the dated jalousie windows, combined with the screen and rain, wouldn't allow us to see anything out the window (and the lake was a ways away).

The room we were in was unheated. Sure, I am sure memorial day can be warm in NH some years, but it was 30 degrees, and there was a space in the wall (to the outside) where the air conditioner was installed. We did have a mini space heater... unfortunately we had to risk burning the whole place down to remain comfortable. I am pretty sure space heaters are not meant to heat rooms overnight, or when people aren't in them... and they were running in many of the rooms in the main hotel.

When I had my space heater plugged in at the same time as my hairdryer (which I brought myself thank goodness) - it blew a fuse for our room. Everything on the room ran with the light switch (including the clock... rendering it useless) - and when we reported the problem - the worker thought that perhaps we hadn't flipped the switch...

No fridge, ironing board, iron, hairdryer were to be found in our "upgraded" room.

A small bottle of shampoo was provided but no conditioner.

The tub was of the Bath Fitter Variety. While it was clean, it was improperly installed - it made it feel like you were showering on a sponge... squishing all around... gave my husband vertigo. Also the floor flooded every time someone showered (I am not sure where the water was coming from). There the molding on the floor of the bathroom was almost completely off (it was hanging on by a little bit) - exposing the wall to the flooding from the tub.

The beds (there were two in our room) - were both uncomfortable and VERY springy. While they had mattress pads and comforters, both were fairly thin (and without the heat... we could have used something more substantial).

With all this said - anyone from the hotel seemed nice enough - just certainly not a place I would choose to travel to again. I visited 3 other rooms. Two across the "parking lot" (swamped, mud hole), and one in the "new building." Like ours they were clean. Unlike ours they did have heat. The old building across the parking lot did have irons & fridges. The other furniture, while clean, was dated.

The new building certainly has newer furniture and includes small kitchenettes. Unfortunately - it seems like some shoddy workmanship/upkeep. The stair landings are plywood. My friends windowsill (with new windows) was COVERED in small bugs. With that said she paid $70 MORE (after talking to the man at the desk... he came down from $90 MORE) - for her room and while heat might have been nice - to pay 70 for it seems unreasonable. Unreal.

Again, this place was fine, passable, but I would not choose it, or choose to return to it. I feel like on the website the accommodations made to seem much more luxurious than was my experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MixDirkwell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfeboro
The Wolfeboro Inn
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#4 of 13 in Laconia
123 North Main Bed & Breakfast

Been to Crescent Lake Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!