“very nice stay and really enjoyed the town”
Review of The Wolfeboro Inn

The Wolfeboro Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Wolfeboro
new york
“very nice stay and really enjoyed the town”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

wolfeboro is a really nice place to visit - not too touristy but enough things to keep you busy and nice walking area with many restaurants and attractions. the wolfeboro inn is very nice, clean , and comfortable. the tavern was great - we started with drinks at the bar and never left it having a great dinner there

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Darrin F, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for the positive review on TripAdvisor. Wolfeboro is a quintessential New England town with a lot of history and character. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time in the oldest summer resort. I am very pleased to know that you found the Inn very nice, clean and comfortable. Our Housekeeping Team works extremely hard to produce a clean and well-maintained resort for all of our guests.
Our Executive Chef and his team put a lot of thought and effort into every plate presented to our guests and I am so happy that we were able to do this for you and your family! We have very recently updated our lunch and dinner menu and I am glad you were able to enjoy it!
I hope that when your travels bring you back to the area that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again. Until that time, travel safely!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My wife and I just had the most amazing vacation & it wouldn't have been half as good without the amazing accommodations & staff of The Wolfeboro Inn & The Tavern!!!

The suite we had was spectacular with an amazing view of the lake. Tons of space, very clean & the turn down service every night was a nice touch! Coffee on the balcony every morning was the perfect start to each day.

The Tavern is now one of our favorites in the Lakes Region. We spent my wife's birthday dinner there & it was impressive to say the least! The staff was fantastic & the talent coming from the kitchen was remarkable!

Top to bottom a truly fantastic resort & gave us a vacation that we will always remember.

Thanks a million & we will be back!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for being our guest and for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that we were able to give you a vacation that you will always remember! Our goal is to provide a memorable experience, paramount hospitality and world-class cuisine, and we are so happy that we did not let you down!
We hope that when your travels bring you back to the area that you will allow The Wolfeboro Inn and Wolfe's Tavern the pleasure of serving you again. Until that time, thank you again for staying with us, and travel safely!
Pepperell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from the inn and another enjoyable stay. We went for a suite with a balcony - where I enjoyed my morning coffee watching the sun rising and the earlybirds out on the lake. Nice thing about the inn is that the complimentary coffee service begins at 5:30 (or even a bit earlier) The suite was spacious, comfortable with a good view of the water.

You cannot ask for a more convenient location - with a small, but very nice private beach. I'm really more a fan of the ocean, but the lake and the beach offered the clearest water with clean, firm sand.

The inn staff were all cheerful and helpful - and for some reason the inn seems to attract a really nice group of guests. We enjoyed meeting several guests when at the beach.

Also, must point out that I foolishly left several items in the dresser when we checked out. I called to ask to have them sent to me expecting perhaps to wait for a week or so...not so as the woman must have gone immediately to retrieve them and send priority. I had the items nicely packed withing 48 hours.

I recommend the inn - get a suite with a balcony. The pricing also seemed reasonable for the value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake! Also, ask for a suite on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Darrin F, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us again and for your thoughtful review on TripAdviser. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to deliver another memorable experience. We strive to create wonderful experiences, deliver paramount hospitality and produce world-class cuisine.
I hope that when your travels bring you back to the area that you will allow us to serve you again. Until that time, thank you again for being our guest and travel safely.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

So... my experience was not the BEST experience, but it was okay. I have to say, the ROOM service was great, and the hotel was nice, clean, and beautiful, but the food service was not the best. We asked for a pizza so my father and I could SHARE ONE PIZZA, but instead, we ended up with two pizzas, and having to pay twice the price. We didn't make a remark about that, though. Then, on the way to Bar Harbor, we just figured out that my father found his credit card was gone. The Inn's Tavern, who messed up on our pizza order, had our credit card. The woman with whom we spoke with was talking with us for a good five to ten minutes because she thought our last name was Bullrigard, and she thought that our town was called Rhyde Park, and both of those are way off. We finally got it mailed. I just don't suggest the tavern. Other than that, they did an efficient job with handling the regular service, the rooms, and everything else.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gene B
Darrin F, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for you review on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you found the Inn to be clean and beautiful, but regret that your experience in the Tavern was anything less than paramount. By large majority our guest receive exemplary service and world-class cuisine when dining with us, and I am so sorry that this is not what you experienced.
I would like the opportunity to serve you again and to prove that your experience in the Tavern was an anomaly. Please contact me when in the area again to arrange for a wonderful dining experience. Until that time comes, please be well and travel safely!
Houston, TX
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We had a 3 day business meeting at Wolfeboro Inn and I thought they did a wonderful job hosting. The town and hotel have that Northeast charm that gives you the true feel of the region. The hotel itself is very old but in good condition. The rooms are spacious and clean with very comfortable beds. The food was good and they even catered offsite which was nice. The staff was great and did a fine job putting up with our group. If ever back in Wolfeboro I would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank astrosll
Thank you for being our guest and for the favorable review on TripAdvisor. We REALLY enjoyed your group and so happy that everyone enjoyed their stay. Doing the off-site catering at your home by the lake was a fun experience for my staff and they came back to The Inn with wonderful memories and stories.
Very glad to hear that you would return and allow us the opportunity to serve you again...truly appreciate the loyalty. Until we have that opportunity, please be well and travel safely!
Nh
Reviewed 15 July 2014

On July 4, 2014 my daughter and son-in-law were married at the Wolfeboro Inn. While every bride dreams of her special day being perfect we can't forget that we live in New England and we certainly cannot control the weather. And so it rained but so as to not disappoint the bride and groom the wedding planner, Nicole Gosselin and the General Manager, Darrin went out of their way to be sure that the day was as perfect as could be. It was beautiful thanks to them! Nicole's calm manner made it a joy to work with her for the past 6 months. Darrin made sure that everything that could be done just before the ceremony was handled professionally - he did not disappoint! Also a huge kudos to the chef, everything on the small plates menu (highly recommend it) was superb. And the crew that set up the tent made our mouths drop when we walked in! Everything about the day was special and we soon forgot it was raining. Besides, rain on a wedding day only strengthens the knot, right???

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank wmclau
Darrin F, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
While I certainly appreciate the compliment, I must say that ALL kudos belong to Nicole, Erica (Banquet Captain) and our culinary team...they simple "get it" and understand the value of delivering paramount hospitality and world class cuisine. While I have the honor of being the General Manager here, they do all the "heavy lifting" and deserve all of the praise. That being said, I am thrilled that we were able to deliver the dream wedding that your daughter and son-in-law deserved...the rain certainly did not dampen the spirit of the day nor the intent of the gathering.
Thank you so much for the thoughtful review on TripAdvisor. I hope that any member of your family or any attendee of that wonderful wedding will allow us the pleasure of serving them when their travels bring them back to Wolfeboro. Until then, thank you for being our guest and travel safely!
Newbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My daughters wedding was held at the Wolfeboro Inn on June 28, 2014. It was absolutely beautiful. Everything went smoothly, the place was friendly, clean and efficient. It was a fabulous experience. I would recommend the Wolfeboro Inn for a wedding or just a weekend get away. It has it's own beach area on the lake along with a dock for your boat if you have one. It has beautiful views of the lake. The dinning area and tavern are nice and the food was delicious.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Darrin F, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
What...a GREAT...wedding!! We are so thrilled that your daughter's "special day" was all that you hoped it would be. It will certainly sound bias coming from me, but I truly believe that we have the best banquet staff within the Lakes Region. A lot of time and effort goes into pulling off a perfect wedding, and I'm so happy that we did not disappoint!
I hope that when you return to the jewel of Lake Winnipesaukee, that you will allow my team the privilege of serving you again. Best of luck to your daughter and new husband! As always, travel safely!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfeboro
Econo Lodge
#6 of 7 in Wolfeboro
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#3 of 13 in Laconia

Been to The Wolfeboro Inn? Share your experiences!