The Wolfeboro Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Inn on Main(Wolfeboro)
  • Pool
Ames Farm Inn(Gilford)
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
Palmers Motel(Sanbornville)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewswolfe's tavernnew englandcookiesshared balconymini suitein townboat ridedesk clerktavern foodrooms were very cleanadirondack chairsbed was very comfortablemain streetbeautiful lakelobbyweddingbrunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My Husband & I stayed here last February and had a really great experience, so we came back. This time around was not so great! Being New Englanders ourselves, we are well aware of how we sometimes have a bad name in that were not very friendly, that combined with the horrible winter were currently having doesn't make it any better. That said, we had a late arrival at around 5:30 PM to meet up with a group of people, We weren't in our room 20 minutes and someone was knocking on the door for what I assume was the turn down service, which by the way never happened after we refused it the first time around as we were trying to get settled. We then went down to the restaurant for our dinner. The waitress was very good and did her very best with such a large party of approximately 22 people. I ordered the special which was supposed to be a filet stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon, cooked medium. It came medium-well with no bacon or blue cheese - kind of disappointing for $26. Plus, I started out drinking one type of wine and the waitress apparently took it upon herself to change what I was drinking. After dinner we came back to the bar area later to find out if we could have dessert, we were able to but not without some grumblings. The bar area was open until midnight we were told but they were already setting up for breakfast and clearly not happy we were there. At the end of the night I went up to the bar to ask for a glass of water, and was walked by 3 times before a bartender asked “what do you want?” I think she was hoping I wanted another drink and was going to refuse, and was quite surprised when I only asked for a glass of water. Overall, you just got this very unwelcome feeling as if you were bothering all of the staff for even being there, from the front desk person to the wait staff in the restaurant. The final problem was that it was extremely hot in our room and I could not sleep. For $200 a night, this was not friendly service and it didn’t even include breakfast. We decided to eat elsewhere after the experience we had.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paula S
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I returned to the Wolfeboro Inn in New Hampshire to celebrate my daughters 30th Birthday. We took 3 rooms to accommodate us along with the 2 infant grandchildren. From the moment we checked in everyone and everything was perfect....the entire staff went out of their way to meet our ( and the babies every need). We ate every meal for 4 days in the tavern and the food and service were tops even when very they were very busy. We've been going there since 1985 (when the daughter I mentioned was only 2)..the recent re-model has only modernized the facility NOT ruined the classic , rustic new England Inn ambiance. Cross country skiing right outside the door and the town of Wolfeboro is a classic. we love it still!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2011

My husband and I were looking for something different to do to celebrate Valentine's Day and thought a trip north might be nice. We had never been to the area and can't wait to come back! The hotel staff were welcoming and friendly and helped with anything we needed. Our room was clean, comfortable, and had a wonderful view. Dinner in the Restaurant was top notch! We were really impressed with the creative options. We had excellent service with Dean and now know his schedule to come back and visit! Overall, our experience was beyond what we expected and we have a new favorite spot.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2011

My husband and I have been staying at the Wolfeboro Inn for years, In fact it was the very frist place we ever went away together, almost 10 years ago. They have recently done some beautiful updates to the Inn and Tavern and I highly recommend visiting! The staff is always willing to help. The rooms are spacious and clean and I have never had a problem with noise in all my visits. The food at the Tavern is excellent. They could compete with some of Boston's best! The locals at the bar welcome everyone and we usually end up having so much fun we don't want to leave! Although it is on the pricey side, it is worth every penny.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anangel32003
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed my stay at the Inn. It was short but so comfortable! It was an extremely cold night, 5 degrees, and as soon as I walked into the lobby I knew I made the right choice; the fire was stoked and a friendly face at the reception desk. My room was spacious with a King Bed and a luscious suede comforter that made me want to crawl right in and never come out! I was hungry though and headed to the Grille. A bowl of French Onion Soup that was magnificent and then a salad with perfectly cooked rare steak tips that were full of flavor. Of course a couple of glasses of Zinfandel finished off my winter thaw and then back to the comforter. I loved every moment there.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo