“Stay here if you are looking for a great inn with great service in a great location.”
Review of The Wolfeboro Inn

The Wolfeboro Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Wolfeboro
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Stayed at this hotel years ago and recently went back. The hotel was great years ago but is even better now after recent renovations. The rooms are spacious and immaculate with very nice bedding. I especially enjoyed the food and service in the Tavern. You can't beat the view of the lake from the inn. I would recommend a stay at this hotel in any season.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank Lethier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
North Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 February 2011

This was my third trip to the Wolfeboro Inn and it never disappoints. Nice room, great service and convenience to all the local spots and shops in town make for a great little vacation. I like the fact that I don't have to drive once I get there. Restaurants, pubs, shops, are all within walking distance of the inn, and the town is a gem in itself. Add to it that it borders beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee, and you've get yourself a great long weekend getaway. They have a terrific restaurant and an old timey rustic pub on the bottom floor. Try the smoked salmon! I don't know where they get it from, but it's awesome! And make time to take the inn's paddle wheel boat trip out on the lake. The view is great and it gives you an idea just how big and beautiful the lake is. Planning a Spring getaway with friends. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ThomasG8888
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My Husband & I stayed here last February and had a really great experience, so we came back. This time around was not so great! Being New Englanders ourselves, we are well aware of how we sometimes have a bad name in that were not very friendly, that combined with the horrible winter were currently having doesn't make it any better. That said, we had a late arrival at around 5:30 PM to meet up with a group of people, We weren't in our room 20 minutes and someone was knocking on the door for what I assume was the turn down service, which by the way never happened after we refused it the first time around as we were trying to get settled. We then went down to the restaurant for our dinner. The waitress was very good and did her very best with such a large party of approximately 22 people. I ordered the special which was supposed to be a filet stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon, cooked medium. It came medium-well with no bacon or blue cheese - kind of disappointing for $26. Plus, I started out drinking one type of wine and the waitress apparently took it upon herself to change what I was drinking. After dinner we came back to the bar area later to find out if we could have dessert, we were able to but not without some grumblings. The bar area was open until midnight we were told but they were already setting up for breakfast and clearly not happy we were there. At the end of the night I went up to the bar to ask for a glass of water, and was walked by 3 times before a bartender asked “what do you want?” I think she was hoping I wanted another drink and was going to refuse, and was quite surprised when I only asked for a glass of water. Overall, you just got this very unwelcome feeling as if you were bothering all of the staff for even being there, from the front desk person to the wait staff in the restaurant. The final problem was that it was extremely hot in our room and I could not sleep. For $200 a night, this was not friendly service and it didn’t even include breakfast. We decided to eat elsewhere after the experience we had.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paula S
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I returned to the Wolfeboro Inn in New Hampshire to celebrate my daughters 30th Birthday. We took 3 rooms to accommodate us along with the 2 infant grandchildren. From the moment we checked in everyone and everything was perfect....the entire staff went out of their way to meet our ( and the babies every need). We ate every meal for 4 days in the tavern and the food and service were tops even when very they were very busy. We've been going there since 1985 (when the daughter I mentioned was only 2)..the recent re-model has only modernized the facility NOT ruined the classic , rustic new England Inn ambiance. Cross country skiing right outside the door and the town of Wolfeboro is a classic. we love it still!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 February 2011

My husband and I were looking for something different to do to celebrate Valentine's Day and thought a trip north might be nice. We had never been to the area and can't wait to come back! The hotel staff were welcoming and friendly and helped with anything we needed. Our room was clean, comfortable, and had a wonderful view. Dinner in the Restaurant was top notch! We were really impressed with the creative options. We had excellent service with Dean and now know his schedule to come back and visit! Overall, our experience was beyond what we expected and we have a new favorite spot.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 February 2011

My husband and I have been staying at the Wolfeboro Inn for years, In fact it was the very frist place we ever went away together, almost 10 years ago. They have recently done some beautiful updates to the Inn and Tavern and I highly recommend visiting! The staff is always willing to help. The rooms are spacious and clean and I have never had a problem with noise in all my visits. The food at the Tavern is excellent. They could compete with some of Boston's best! The locals at the bar welcome everyone and we usually end up having so much fun we don't want to leave! Although it is on the pricey side, it is worth every penny.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anangel32003
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed my stay at the Inn. It was short but so comfortable! It was an extremely cold night, 5 degrees, and as soon as I walked into the lobby I knew I made the right choice; the fire was stoked and a friendly face at the reception desk. My room was spacious with a King Bed and a luscious suede comforter that made me want to crawl right in and never come out! I was hungry though and headed to the Grille. A bowl of French Onion Soup that was magnificent and then a salad with perfectly cooked rare steak tips that were full of flavor. Of course a couple of glasses of Zinfandel finished off my winter thaw and then back to the comforter. I loved every moment there.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfeboro
Econo Lodge
#6 of 7 in Wolfeboro
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#3 of 13 in Laconia

Been to The Wolfeboro Inn? Share your experiences!