“Could do much better” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Topsides Bed and Breakfast

Topsides Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wolfeboro
Topsides Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 6 Wolfeboro B&B and Inns
Solihull
“Could do much better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

After seeing the website I was really looking forward to a top class B & B. We were very disappointed.
Cindy was out when we arrived and her husband showed us to our room explaining she would sort us out on her return. That was the last time he spoke to us.
The bedroom, Martha's Vineyard was spacious and bed coverings were quite pretty in blue and white. Dust under the bed which we discovered when we dropped something. Bathroom not clean at all, bath old looking and grimy, behind the taps in the sink were dirty and hadn't been cleaned for a while, around the edges of the floor were dirty. No glass for drinking water, shampoo but no conditioner. We stayed for 2 nights in June and was quite shocked when we returned after the first day to find the room hadn't been touched, no bed made, towels and the bathroom untouched. We have never stayed in a B & B, motel or hotel where the room hasn't been made up, this is the service guests are paying for.
Breakfast the first morning was cereals, some sort of cheese flan, fruit and shop bought muffins, tea or coffee. The next morning there was a choice of cereals, waffles, 2 muffins (I think left from the day before) some fruit.
Tea was available in the hall along with an electric kettle (someone had written a note to ask for coffee but I never saw any), it was so cluttered with so many varities of tea.
The bedroom was on the front and was noisy particularly as we were there during Laconia bike week with motorbikes passing until the early hours of the morning. I only mention this as we had spent the 2 previous nights in Meredith at a B & B and the contrast in every way could not have been more different. The owners of that B & B emailed me when I booked the room explaining about the traffic and the motorbikes just so that we were aware and could make a decision to stay. However, they were in a quiet location and noise was not a problem at all. The gourmet breakfasts were delicious, fridge stocked with beer and wine, homemade cookies and the owners could not do enough for the guests plus it was $40 per night cheaper than Topsides.
Cindy was pleasant enough but we felt that her husband rather resented sharing the house with paying guests and the $400 we paid for 2 nights was way overpriced.
We would certainly look for alternative accommodation if we ever visited Wolfeboro again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ChristinaSSolihull
cindyVirginia, Owner at Topsides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Sorry your visit was not up to your standards. I try to make every guest feel at home in my house and I am sorry your visit missed the mark. It is impossible to please everyone and again do try another visit as Wolfeboro is a lovely town with lot's to do.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Green Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

A friend and I had the opportunity to spend two days in Wolfeboro and stay at Topsides Bed and Breakfast. We had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The accommodations were clean, inviting, and extremely comfortable, and Cindy and Dennis were the perfect hosts, with an amazing attention to detail. Additionally, they made an extra effort to help us resolve a travel problem that could have been very serious had they not intervened. The setting is amazing and brought back fond memories of beautiful New Hampshire in the fall. We are looking forward to returning to their lovely home.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lois P
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I really enjoyed by stay at Topside B&B during my vacation Sept. 3 and 4. Cindy was a wonderful host and it's a very lovely, quaint B&B. You really care about your guests and add nice personal touches - from the coffee and tea set up all the time to leaving notes to find out when I wanted breakfast. I found it very clean and nicely decorated with an appropriate New England flare. Felt right at home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Deborah N
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Hunt room very dirty and rug probably not vacuumed in weeks
Furnishings very dusty. Bathroom extremely dirty. Breakfast not what you you expect. Muffins and donuts and cereal boxes that are stale. Stay elsewhere. Owners Are nice but I do not think they Have the money for upkeep. Not worth what they charge. This place has been going downhill for the last 2 years
But dirt is something we cannot tolerate. We have been going to this bed and breakfast for 2 years but No more! Going down hill fast. Owners are not paying attention to the dirt around them. We will never return. Towels are damp and dust is everywhere. Terrible!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Berube123
cindyVirginia, Owner at Topsides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
I am sorry to hear you were not happy and wish I could have helped. I do feel I could have made your stay better if I had know of your needs. Please try us again~
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Cute, Clean, Kind & friendly hosts.
On arrival we were met by Cindy, who made us feel welcomed instantly. The porch and grounds were beautifully done.
Delicious breakfast spread,. When it started to rain while I was out they put the roof up on my Jeep!!! Love these folks.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Martha's Vineyard Room. Bright, Clean, and incredibly charming. The whole B&a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BarMan2013
I always enjoy helping a client when staying in my home as they are my guest. I am happy to hear you were pleased~
Townsend
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

We booked Topsides for 2 nights, as we came to Wolfeboro for a wedding. We stayed in a first floor bedroom towards the back of the house. The room was okay, but no place to put our clothes, so we kept them in our suitcases. The bathroom was okay, but the toilet was dirty and towels were never taken and replaced. The main house was closed off by "private" signs on the doors, so we only had our room and the back open porch, which was nice. There was no lock on our bedroom door, which we thought odd. They also kept the front door open all day until 8 pm and the back door remained open until midnight. Without having a lock on our door, anyone could have come into our room. The breakfast was a joke, and the worst breakfast we ever had at a B & B. We had the same thing both days we were there...cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, and store-bought donuts and pastries. We can get that at home. No hot food and absolutely nothing homemade were served. The male host of the house was finally seen our second day there, and he walked through the dining room and never said a word, not even introducing himself. The female hostess must not be consistent in her cleaning, or what she serves for breakfast, because what the other guests who gave Topsides an excellent rating must have experienced things entirely different than what we experienced. We have paid the same amount at other bed and breakfasts, and had much nicer rooms, friendlier hosts, and delicious breakfasts. We will NEVER go back there again!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Mary Jo S
Wellesley, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I host a charity golf tournament at nearby Lake Winnipesauke Golf Club every year in July and i always look forward to staying at Topsides. It is perfect for a summer lake-side retreat when you just want the simplicity of a summer home. It is like staying at a friend's lake house. Indeed, innkeepers Cindy and Dennis are like old friends you'd like to have. They are friendly without being intrusive. Morning breakfast is always a fun time to catch up with them on their past-year's travels, and to meet other guests. The rooms are all tastefully decorated, mostly with private baths. The English-themed Hunt Country Room on the second floor, with its own sitting room, is my favorite. At almost half the cost of a room at Wolfboro Inn or the newly refurbished Inn on Main, this is a great value and a great accommodation regardless.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Douglas L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfeboro
The Wolfeboro Inn
The Windrifter Resort
The Windrifter Resort
#6 of 6 in Wolfeboro
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Topsides Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!