“Excellent getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnegat Light
Minerva's by the Sea
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere special to go to for July 4th and we decided on Minerva's. So glad we did! This bed & breakfast is super close to the beach and right by a really cute beach town that we explored a little bit inbetween swimming and suntanning. The b&b itself is also really nice (clean, airy, bright, full of homey touches) and inviting. The owner was so nice and friendly, she really made us feel welcome. The best part was the breakfast that she made each day and helped serve. From day to day it was a little bit different but always delicious! There's even a large porch attached to the kitchen so you can have a relaxing meal outside. I'd definitely go here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Everything about Minerva's is first class! Not one thing is less than perfect. Ideal for any single, couple or family. Great location for fishing, quiet beaches, busier beaches & bay beach. No need to leave this part of island. Truly the best breakfasts. Super clean, beautifully decorated. I knew we had made the best choice when the staff told me what a great person Emma was. No doubt you will want to return as often as you can.
This home away from home is truly 5 stars!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This is the 3rd year we will be staying at Minerva's. Emma and her staff are just wonderful and extremely accommodating. My son has allergies and asthma, Emma has always made sure our room is extra clean and dust free. My son also has a nut allergy and Emma has always been great about making nut free (delicious) breakfasts during our stay. Minerva's is very quiet and clean, the rooms are lovely. Minerva's is located at the end of the Island and the area is very calm and relaxed. We just love staying at Minerva's!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We came across Minerva's by the Sea through a living social deal we received - and what a GREAT deal it was! We have an 11 month old, and was trying to find somewhere near home that we could get away for the weekend and this was exactly what we were looking for. When we checked in, the room that we had was perfect dont get me wrong - but after seeing the other rooms that they had available, the one with the 2 rooms/mini kitchen would have worked better for us in terms of being able to hang out while he slept at night. Thankfully, Emma - the house host, let us sit in the kitchen at night and play cards which worked out perfectly.
The house was adorable. Quiet, clean. Our room worked out fine (Verbena) which had a small 'nook' where the pack-n-play went. Being all one room, it was still very difficult to be in the room while he slept, so as I mentioned, once he went to sleep, we took his monitor and went down the hall to the kitchen to play cards and hang out.
My only negative for the room was the shower. It was so extremely small - almost too small for one person to shower in there, as when you stood - the curtain would stick to you as there was no room to move. Sort of gross if you ask me, but we made it work as it was only for 2 days.
Walking distance to the beach which was great. Where Minerva's is located, the beach is pretty far from the street but thankfully (which we found out on the way home) is there is a beach tractor that picks people up along the way and drives you down to the beach. The second day we decided to go down to another town and enjoy the beach. There were little restaurants, etc where we could grab lunch and bring it back on the beach, which up by Minerva's - there isn't really. Only downfall is you have to pay to go on a beach other than in Barnegat Light - which Emma gives you beach passes for. She has every beach supply you need - chairs, toys, etc so that was great - one less thing that we had to bring down with us.
Food - for the price we paid, and to be included as well as have someone prepare it for you - it was good. First morning was omelets, bread, fruit salad, yogurts, and she home made the BEST Strawberry muffins - I couldn't get enough of those! -it was great The second morning, was just OK - she did offer to make us scrambled eggs, and there was fruit, and yogurt, cereal, breads, etc - BUT the main course of breakfast was a cheese try with 4 different types of exotic cheeses. This would have been great if it was just my husband and i, as we can eat whatever, but knowing that we had a child with us, and there was another family who did as well, I guess I had hoped/thought that maybe it would have been something that catered to them as well - pancakes or even waffles (which she had mentioned the night before we were having). Again, she had enough options for us to choose from if you didn't want what she put out, but I was just surprised by her choice of breakfast :)
Overall - this was the perfect family getaway for us and a great deal off Living Social. Would we go back? Definitely. Emma was the perfect host, and we truly felt like we were staying in her home and she was taking care of us. Thanks Emma!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie I
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We have been staying at this B & B for the last three years. We make this our Father's day tradition. Emma, the lovely woman who runs Minerva's is very pleasant and a wonderful host & chef!. The rooms are beautiful and very clean. We bring my daughter who is now 2 years old and she is very welcomed. We look forward to our stay every year and cannot wait to go back! If you are looking for a friendly & fantastic bed and breakfast, this is your place!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelli C
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Who knew that a small fishing-village B & B could also provide the perfect setting for a weekend workshop aimed at getting our creative juices flowing? We spent 24 hours in focused preparation, followed by three lovely LOW-COST days to work on our individual projects. As a professional writer, I can tell you that it really worked! I wrote for three days straight (well into the night) and untangled many difficult research problems. I was equally thrilled to meet so many warm and fascinating people. Our group included two writers, a sculptor, a musician-mental-health worker, and several others, led by a psychologist skilled at eliciting the underlying creativity in us all--Dee-licious. Right along with the owner's delicious breakfasts and rich conversations every morning! I almost don't want to tell anyone that Minerva's does this...because I want to make sure there is space for ME the next time a workshop like this happens.

Room Tip: Ask about the suite with the fully-equipped kitchen. On top of delicious homemade breakfasts at Mine...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We have been going to Minerva's B&B for several years now and look forward to each visit. In June 1-3 we partook of a Creative-spirit weekend in which we took part of several projects to get our creative juices flowing. We enjoyed the interesting dialog with the varied backgrounds of the wonderful friends we got to know and stretched out to yoga with Ghylian Bell who helped us reach beyond what we thought we could. Her warm spirit and joyous heart made our lesson exciting to come to each day. The ocean often calls us to come and relax, refresh and renew. At Minerva's B&B we have found the comforts of our home away from home to do just that. Emma is always there to greet us with a smile and warm heart. Come and see for yourself and kick back and let the sounds of the waves at Barnegat call to you too.

Room Tip: Have kids? Minerva's has a great room with a private entrance that has a kitchen and access to...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
#8 of 12 in Beach Haven
The Sand Castle
The Sand Castle
#1 of 5 in Barnegat Light

Been to Minerva's by the Sea? Share your experiences!