“Great out of season getaway!”
Review of North Shore Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnegat Light
North Shore Inn
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We just returned from the North Shore Inn and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The innkeeper was extremely friendly and helpful. The Inn is not fancy but is extremely clean and more than met our needs. We were there to enjoy the beach and outdoors and for us the Inn was terrific. We stayed midweek and the price was very reasonable for what we got.
We definitely recommend this to folks who like comfortable, clean lodging.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carolyn C

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Emailed the hotel about making a reservation. Stating I was only planing for a one night stay, received an email stating the price and to call to book. Well.. Called to make the reservation and was told they can't do only one night and that the email most have been wrong.

Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Jaki09
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed Memorial weekend we had a room on the 1st floor the beds were so comfortable and loved the pillows!! The people upstairs from us had a child RUNNING back & forth it was loud & bothersome but what can you do!? Be WARNED the Fire station is ACROSS the street the siren went off at 10:15 our first night SCARED the crap out of us!! I called the front desk to hear a recording no one would be available after 10 pm no emergency contact # we waited nothing happened. It was REALLY alarming! But the management were very nice and apologized.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank BuffaloNYGirls
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Just got back from a long weekend at The North Shore Inn in Barnegat Light, NJ. The room was very clean but a little outdated. The staff was quite friendly and helpful. It is quite a haul to the beach even though you are only one block away. There is a tram that will take you close to the water once you get up to the sand. This motel is at a very quiet end of Long Beach Island, which was very nice for sleeping, however there are not many restaurants. Overall, I would probably stay here again for a weekend, but for a longer stay I would rent one of the many homes that they lease in that area.

Room Tip: We had an efficiency with a refrigerator. Never used the stove, but did use the fridge.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kalyaniNewYork
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I just came home from a three night stay at North Shore Inn, and loved every minute of my stay there! I'm a young adult and went with my parents and younger sister, and the room was big enough for us to stay comfortably. It was right down the street from the beach and included beach passes so we could spend the whole day at the beach, and was a short walk from the light house so we could see spectacular sun sets. The owners and staff were very friendly, and gave us wonderful tips on great restaurants and fishing spots. We hope to come again sometime later this year or next summer. I promised the owners I'd write them a good report, so here it is!:)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jillian A
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We used to have a house near the hotel and I've been going to Long Beach Island for almost 50 years so I am very familiar with the area. Overall, the hotel was physically decent and exactly what we were looking for - quiet, close to the beach, within walking distance of some restaurants and pubs.

However, upon check-out, we were thoroughly surprised by the owners' attitudes. We had asked for a late check out because we had later flights that afternoon. When we checked out at about 4:00PM, we were told that it would be an extra $30 for the late checkout. We were surprised that there was a charge because we had made the point to ask earlier if there would be one and were told there wouldn't be. When we expressed our genuine surprise, the owners responded with such anger as if we had kidnapped their child, emptied their bank account and killed their dog. It was $30 - that's like the least expensive bottle of wine we would order in a restaurant. We would probably have agreed to pay it if we had been told that that was the cost originally. But, no one told us that - they just bizarrely accused us of being thieves and cheats and, sincerely dumbfounded, we paid and left. Truly odd. Solely because of this, I can't in good conscience recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
16  Thank SeriouslyEnRoute
Reviewed 28 October 2011

My fiance and I stayed just one night during the off-season and we appreciated the friendly owners, quiet location and clean room. I spend my summers in Barnegat Light as a kid and was amazed to find that the town really has not changed at all in almost 40 years! I felt like I had gone back in time and had to keep reminding myself I was only 2 hours from Manhattan! The only nearby restaurant open during our stay, Kubel's, actually had excellent food.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abigail L

Been to North Shore Inn? Share your experiences!