“Marriott is a safe bet”

Courtyard Basking Ridge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
Reviewed 17 June 2014

When I am not sure where to stay, I generally choose Marriott. Good service and cleanliness are a must for me. The workout room is important as well. Also, they have very nice mattresses. This location fits my needs.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Misheidi,
Thank you for staying with us and the kind words. We do have a nice exercise room including 7 aerobic machines with TV monitors, dumbbells and a universal machine. The mattresses are only a few months old so I am not surprised you were pleased with them. Glad we could meet your needs!!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Basking Ridge

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We had difficulty finding a place to stay one night of our drive due to college graduations.
We called the Marriott 800 number and asked where the nearest open hotel room on our route was...and this was it...140 miles away!
We arrived after 1 in the morning and were greatest by the nicest man at the front desk.
We asked for an extra blanket and some more pillows, he brought everything up to our room for us in no time at all.
In the morning we had breakfast in the lobby. Breakfast, while not inexpensive, was very good and arrived quickly despite the large number of people there (we got one of only two open rooms).
Overall, a great experience largely due to the very helpful man at the front desk (whose name I wish I knew now!).

• Stayed: May 2014
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

mrmwcm,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I appreciate the kind words about the hotel and Bobby. I will pass on the compliments to him.

Scott selby

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Courtyards in my experience have always been a safe bet. This one had a lovely lobby. Our room, however, was TINY. The king bed took up almost the entire room. We didn't even have enough room to lay out both of our suitcases open.

Not the hotel's fault, but we had a room full of tween girls next door to us who were so, SO loud all night long. And they were door slammers on top of it.

The front desk was super accommodating getting us extra towels when we needed them. They were all very friendly to deal with during check in and check out.

1  Thank Stephanie S
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Stephanie S.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry we had some noisy kids in the adjacent room. We do have security on weekends to patrol the hallways to help provide a quiet environment but sometimes this does not help when the noise comes from the rooms. Our room size meets the brand standard, maybe you have been fortunate to stay in hotels with larger rooms in the past. I am pleased to hear the staff was friendly and accommodating during your stay. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Amenities you would expect at a Courtyard; room and furniture in good, clean condition. Stayed for three nights and the housekeeping staff was great. In town for a baseball tournament so the only ding I would say is too bad there wasn't an outdoor pool or basketball court so kids could play off energy outside the hotel or away from courtyard. Last night we spent in the lobby bar and Carlos , the bartender, was just fabulous -- we loved his stories and baseball tips!

1  Thank suzanne91

Suzanne 91,
Thank you for your kind words and I am pleased you enjoyed our hotel. I particularly like to hear Carlos made such an impression you remembered his name. We actually reward our associates for positive name mentions.
Regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Six of my family members ranging from 15 to 81 years old spent one night at the Marriott Courtyard on Saturday, 5/10/14. We had an early Mother's Day horseback ride scheduled at Lord Stirling Stables a few miles away, and we all live a bit far from the stable, so staying local made for an easy morning. We checked in at the Courtyard around 3PM. The staff was welcoming and accommodating. The adjoining rooms assigned were spacious, clean and up to date, and had large flat screen TVs. We decided to have dinner in the hotel, and the food was fresh and surprisingly good! After dinner we used the pool and jacuzzi and had fun. Both were clean and inviting. We had breakfast at the hotel, and again, the food was very good and made to order. There was a nice selection to choose from. The Courtyard staff was wonderful and satisfied all of our demands. We had requested refrigerators in both rooms since we planned a picnic after our ride and needed somewhere to store some things for the night. Both were brought up immediately and were complimentary. Finally, I want to note that Devon, the manager, was exceptional. He offered to set us up with a late check out so we could freshen up before we left for our picnic, and he comped breakfast for one of the rooms (the other room included breakfast) He was genuinely friendly, and wanted us to enjoy our stay. All in all, it made for a great night away on Mother's Day weekend!!

Jackie G.
Thank you for the wonderful review, I am so glad we were able to meet your needs and make your Mother’s Day weekend special. I will pass on your comments to Devfon, he will be very pleased!!

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Had an as expected, quality stay at this Marriott Courtyard. I stayed for 5 days and had no issues. The service was fine, the room was very comfortable, the hotel was clean and welcoming. I would absolutely stay here again. The hotel is conveniently located close to the highway and there are several nearby restaurants.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dan9x

Dan9x,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I now your time is valuable. I am happy to see we met your needs and I am looking forward to you returning to our great hotel!!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed here 3 nights for a business conference. Made the mistake of hiring a car to/from the airport, so that effectively left me stranded at the property. There is nothing in walking distance from the hotel, so you are left with the food selections on site. I enjoyed continental breakfast and lunch there, and the food was fresh, typical, and did the job.

The lobby and grounds are very nice, even though they were doing some concrete walkway construction outside our meeting room. The sleeping rooms are fine, and bathroom had good water pressure in the shower. Large HD tv and free wireless internet throughout the hotel! Bed was ok, but the pillows were a bit mushy for me.

Next time in town this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

ChicagoKappa09
Thank you for the review and kind comments. We do have 8 separate places to eat within half a mile from the hotel ranging from very casual to fine dining. Please speak with the Front Desk for recommendations. With respect to the concrete work, we just finished installing a beautiful $80,000 patio in the courtyard which includes a fire pit, water feature, sitting walls, and nicely landscaped with several flower beds – it’s magnificent.
Regards,

The Olde Mill Inn
The Olde Mill Inn
#2 of 4 in Basking Ridge
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater

Been to Courtyard Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!