All reviewshotel indigowood floorsfront deskglass partitionother hotelsmodern hoteloutdoor patiofew weeksnew jerseyour room was spaciousenjoyed my staysalmoncustomer service isbusiness centerbusiness tripstaff was friendlynice stay
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel Indigo. My cousin was getting married at their sister property and when that hotel sold out of rooms, Indigo was very accommodating about setting me and my family up with a room at their property. The reception staff were lovely from the moment we arrived.

The rooms were a bit smaller than I had expected, but clean and well decorated. They had shuttles to and from their sister property which were very convenient getting to and from the wedding. The drivers were great and made sure none of our party was left behind.

I didn't even realize there was a bar downstairs until later that night. The staff did a good job handling guests from at least three different wedding parties. No one seemed too loud or out of hand.

I had to leave earlier in the morning than the rest of my party, so breakfast wasn't set up yet (though I don't believe it was actually included with my rate, based on what some of my family members had said - I honestly didn't check).

Overall, I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GuestManagerIN, General Manager at Delta Hotels Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Greeting KConnolly213,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are so pleased to have been awarded the opportunity to serve you during your cousins wedding. We certainly look forward to your next visit.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We ended up staying there, when we attended a wedding in the area.

Considering their prices, I wasn't impressed with the value for the money.

They couldn't even get their stories straight when the breakfast buffet would open.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestManagerIN, General Manager at Delta Hotels Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Greetings PeteW,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your overnight accommodations here at the Hotel Indigo. I personally apologize for some of our short comings with regards to the lack of communication we may have shared with your group. I take guest satisfaction very seriously and can assure you that we will use your feedback to make improvements with our staff.

Please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a family wedding. The check-in at the front desk was quick and the staff was very courteous and friendly. Our room was clean and fairly spacious. In the morning, we enjoyed their complimentary breakfast of eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage, and breads/muffins/etc. Overall, things went quite well.

We were disappointed that the rooms lacked a safe for valuables which meant that we needed to lock them away in our trunk each day. I believe they have a hotel safe but that's not really a great option. With all of the electronics most people carry these days, a room safe is almost a must-have and nearly everywhere else we have stayed recently has had one.

Internet service worked well although we had to enter a new code each day to access it. Our room key stopped working after the first day (as did those of others in our party) so we had to get new ones at the front desk.

We also used their fitness room which was fairly nice, with an elliptical machine, treadmills, and the like. The shower in our room was not great but adequate. The fan/ventilation in the bathroom appeared to be non-functional so we worked through the steam-covered mirror afterwards.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I would probably look for another hotel if we needed to stay nearby in the future to find one with a room safe. Personally, I think they should be in all hotels.

Yes, I would recommend Hotel Indigo to others, although just a bit reluctantly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge in early October.
My room was Superior Executive Room.
The room was very spacious, but not filled with the furniture. The space was way too empty and I felt I could run in the room. Also, floor doesn't have the carpet, but laminate floor gave me very cold feeling without shoes on.

Also, as a Platinum member, I expected something more, like welcoming gift or note, but nothing.

Room Tip: Superior Executive room was not good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GuestManagerIN, General Manager at Delta Hotels Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear EddyCND,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback regarding the design of the guestroom. You will be happy to hear that in the near future we will be undergoing a renovation that will be addressing the layout that did not appeal to you. Once we have completed our guest rooms will have a refreshed inspiring design.

As a platinum member, we value your loyalty to the IHG hotels and thank you for choosing the Hotel Indigo Brand for your recent stay. We comply with all the IHG Rewards program requirements; I have listed the benefits you are entitled and eligible to receive with your elite status: Collect Points or Miles, Points Never Expire, Extended Check-Out, Complimentary Weekday Newspaper, Exclusive Toll-Free Service Line, No Blackout Dates for Reward Nights, Reward Nights Count Toward Elite Status, Free Internet, Priority Check-In, 50%Bonus Earnings on Top of Base Points, Elite Rollover Nights, Complimentary Room Upgrades when available, and Guaranteed Room Availability.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

From beginning to end, this property under-performed. It's pretty, and when you walk in you have a sense that it is going to be a nice experience. But, alas, not so. We were slated to be in a conventional room, but were able to upgrade to a suite for an additional charge (about 50% hike on the rate of the original room). The room was not good. I realize they are trying to create a chic, young atmosphere, but the room was just bizarre. A "living room" consisting of a small couch, a TV , a wet bar area (with a very bizarre mural behind it), and not much else. Insufficient lighting and no carpet (har wood floors that flet cold and uncomfortable). The bed room was very small, with no door between the living room and bedroom. Not enough room for a TV and consol; TV bolted to the wall. The bathroom was nothing special, with small shabby towels. But the worst part: the room was in terrible shape, which is hard to reconcile with the fact that it hasn't been open that long. The walls were badly marked up, the couch was in bad shape, the pull out bed was completely substandard (no one could have slept on it). And they wanted something like $329 normally for the suite!

Very substandard, and not at all an elegant or chic experience. We won't be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WBreskin
GuestManagerIN, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear WBreskin,

Thank You for your response. It is with deepest regrets that your experience at our hotel was very disappointing. Here at Hotel Indigo, we never take Guest Satisfaction for granted. We extend our sincerest apologies . Please know that we have reviewed your comments and are working towards improvement in all of the areas that you referenced. We will continue to strive to improve Service to our Guest. Again We Thank You.

Regards,