“Good”

Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a business conference for only 3 days. The stay was comfortable even though the hotel was under renovation. The staff is friendly and the restaurant staff is also accommodative. The reception staff Sayda was helpful to provide local directions as well. I found the location far off from everything and one would need a car for sure.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ajay9252
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Ajay9252,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay at our property and found our staff very accommodating. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The best part of this hotel was the large room... lots of room to spread out. A large desk to work at, room around the bed. So very functional for a business trip where you need to catch up on work in the evening. Having enough space is a good thing. Staff were friendly and there is a full restaurant and bar. Hotel is quiet and conveniently located close to the major companies in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SkiingCyclingDave
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The rooms are spacious and they are very clean. I found the beds extremely comfortable and slept very well. The breakfast choices were good and the food was tasty. I also ate dinner there and was served by Thomas at the bar. He was efficient and friendly.

I was visiting the USGA Museum and was very pleased with this hotel overall. It is undergoing some renovation but I did not notice much that would cause any notice by a guest.
Saiqua was working the desk and was welcoming and extremely helpful. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MidniteBlue
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to the area and my family and I like to stay in a suite or 2 joining bedrooms. All of the other hotels in the area couldn't accommodate us so we decided to give the indigo a try even though it looked a little questionable ( we are used to nice hotels ). The hotel is not luxurious but clean and the rooms are spacious . The staff are what makes this hotel. From the moment we walked in to the time we left we were treated with impeccable service. The front desk and wait staff are incredible and go out of their way to make your stay flawless. We will definately be returning to this hotel because of the high level of customer service of the entire staff .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Yayan63
Beth C, Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Yayan63, I'm glad the other hotels were full too! Thank you for taking the time to give us a 4 star review we appreciate your feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here. I was so happy to see your wonderful comments about the great service you received we are very proud of our associates.

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Indigo!

Beth Clancy
Operations Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I'd like to express my sincere thanks and appreciation to Ruth ! I arrived at the Basking Ridge NJ Indigo the Sunday after Thanksgiving (after entertaining for days, I was exhausted !) When I checked in, I realized I had forgotten to pack a number of pretty important items. Exhausted and not happy with meetings starting first thing in the morning, Ruth started searching the internet immediately, most businesses were already closed, but she was persistent ! She found a store that had everything I needed only a few miles away. Needless to say, I had a great night's sleep and ready for meetings. I've been staying here frequently for the last couple of months - the rooms are always clean, all the staff is very customer focused. Thanks Indigo for having people like Ruth on your staff! I will look for your other chains when I travel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank A M
Beth C, Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear AM, Thank you for taking the time to give us a 5 star review. Ruth is a new employee here and we couldn't be happier with her, she is a asset to our team and gives great customer service. Thank you for mentioning her she was thrilled when she saw your review. Thank you for being a loyal guest! Going forward in 2014 we are currently going through renovations starting with the guest rooms then the restaurant and lobby we are also installing a new high speed internet service. We are very excited with all the positive changes happening here at Hotel Indigo. Look forward to seeing you again.

Beth Clancy
Operations Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed New Years eve for a wedding. Front desk staff was not very helpful or very polite (maybe because they were working a holiday). The security hold is the same amount as the room, never stayed in a place where that was the case, so had I not been under a group rate for 6-7 hrs of sleep and a shower would have hit me for $320 for a night.

Room its self very nice, shower has that half glass door thats immobile, so you dump half your shower on a slick tile floor, dangerous. Hallways and elevators either need fresh paint in areas, molding work needs to be done, saw chunks out in more than 1 location. Hallways could use fresh carpet. Our group also generated more than $8,000 in one night for the hotel and we still got a basic breakfast the next day of OJ, Coffee, powdered eggs, overcooked bacon and sausage. The only thing it looked like they put time and $ into were home fries. We also got back to the hotel as a group in buses around 2:30am from our event and the front desk had the balls to call the Brides room and tell her to quiet down her guests...on her wedding night!

To sum up they shoot for an experience that justifies the price, and miss the mark. Mainly I feel the let down on customer service and just basic appearance issues. However one of the nicer hotel rooms I've stayed in. Last one was the Wyndham Grand in Pittsburgh on the point. Fantastic view, cost more than this room for the night and was not as nice.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank roscomman
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear roscomman,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I checked in with a colleague late at night, and we were staying in separate rooms. There were two people at the front desk, and one of them refused to look up from her computer to check me in. It was a disappointing welcome to the hotel.

Then, the internet in the room was slower than dial-up. I have honestly never experienced internet this slow. I logged out and back on to try again, nothing would make it go faster. I used it again in the morning and it was just as slow. My colleague had the same experience, we were both not as well prepared as we wanted to be for our meetings the next day. For a hotel that is near a number of office parks, and so should be catering to business travelers, the speed of the internet was unacceptable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank samsternjones
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear samsternjones,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns via TripAdvisor. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced .
Though we would prefer you had a better experience at the hotel, we would like to thank you for providing your feedback. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Bernards Inn
#1 of 1 in Bernardsville
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater

Been to Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!