“Spacious, pet-friendly...”

Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Basking Ridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We arrived at the Hotel Indigo late on June 21 after our first hotel gave away our reservations. It is a nice place in a quiet area, and the woman who checked us in was very courteous. Our room was spacious and had a comfortable king bed, and everything was very clean. They also allow pets ($40 per pet), which was a relief. However, there were a few problems:

The Shower: Apparently there are no bathtubs in this hotel and all bathrooms have showers with a FIXED glass wall covering half of the entrance. As a disabled woman, this made it impossible for me to get into the shower safely so I ended up not being able to bathe during our two nights there. Because we had to stay at the Hotel Indigo last minute (again, the other hotel had given away our reservation), no accessible rooms were available and we didn't discover the shower situation until after we had checked in.

The Breakfast: After the realization that I wasn't going to be able to shower, I woke up early on Sunday determined to order breakfast from the a la carte menu in our room. Downstairs at the restaurant, however, we were informed that the a la carte menu was not available "on days when the hotel is full" and that our only option was the buffet, which cost $12.99 per person. We agreed, only to find that it was cold scrambled eggs, hard sausage/bacon, potatoes and untoasted bagels. We paid $27 to basically drink two cups of coffee, which our server never refreshed (she refreshed everyone's coffee except ours).

Overall, this is a good hotel in a convenient location. Pet-friendly and spacious. Just be aware of the shower and whether or not it is a buffet day.

Room Tip: Showers only. Pets allowed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Rachel S,

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts and concerns with us. It was a pleasure to have hosted you and your pets at our hotel recently. I am delighted that you found our bedrooms comfortable and spacious. On the other hand, it is truly regrettable that we were not able to meet you needs when it comes to accessible bathrooms and that our breakfast offerings was not as you have expected. Your feedback is highly appreciated as this will help us to consider improving the areas mentioned on your review.

I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Faith R

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I experienced no problems with my one night at this hotel. It is clean, about average in service with friendly staff. The room was a standard size queen/queen with normally expected amenities, and an updated bathroom. Aveda soaps and shampoo, internet, and nice towels. Breakfast is offered but may or may not be included depending on your rate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear David2entres,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am pleased that you found our hotel clean and our staff commendable. It is always motivating on our end to receive such feedback from our valued guests like you.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again here in Basking Ridge.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at Indigo for work. The people were accommodating, the room was beautiful, it was clean and quite. I had dinner at the restaurant. I was happy they had a spinach salad (I'm allergic to lettuce) and my waiter was attentive. I ran into my waiter later in the hall after he delivered a room service meal. He called me by my first name. How many hotel waiters remember the names of the people at their tables. I was impressed. The shuttle bus took me to where I needed to go. Great service. Great people. I will absolutely stay here again and recommend this hotel for any of my co workers going to that area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Here for business for three nights.
Very friendly staff... Helpful with directions and airport transportation. Rooms were big and cable service was better than any hotel I have ever been to. Hardwood floors in the room were unique... Never other than at a beach have I seen that.
Common areas are being renovated so while I'm sure when they are complete it will great, it was not so it had a unfinished look.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cal S
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The room was large, the restaurant good, the bar friendly, and the internet access fast. My sole nitpick was the lack of a business center at the time of my visit, but I understand that that will soon be corrected.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank M T
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed her one night. I had looked online at the pictures and felt I knew what to expect, but when I checked in the hotel was under renovation so the lobby looked nothing like the pictures on the website. I think it looked better before to be honest. I was okay with the renovations, but when I got to my room i couldn't tell if my room was considered renovated or not. The bedroom had been freshly painted but the wallpaper in the bathroom had visible signs of wear and scuff marks. The floor is fake wood laminate and in places it was popping up. The closet doors were old and there was a crack in the ceiling. I am hoping this wasn't one of the renovated rooms. The front desk staff was friendly and the room was clean so overall I was happy. The thing that bothered me the most was that the hotel is non smoking, the entire building. Unfortunately the smokers go directly out front and if you are in the lobby the smoke comes in. I wish they would tell people to go at least 10 or so feet from the big doors.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelbugsforlife
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Travelbugsforlife,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are delighted you found your room accommodation clean. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

We certainly regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects of your stay. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Saiqua, the lady at the front desk provided my family with exceptional service. Her hospitality and professionalism was commendable. She went out of her way to ensure that I had what I needed. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2014
#1 of 1 in Bernardsville
The Madison Hotel
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown

Been to Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!